CAL. .30 M1

Ruger PC9 - any chance one in NJ?

From the link provided by @USRifle30Cal I saw this note at the bottom of the spec sheet. 

† NOTE: The receiver-mounted, Picatinny-style rail is designed to accommodate most optics and optic mounts intended for use with Picatinny/ MIL-STD 1913 rails. However, due to reduced clearance between the top of the receiver and the bottom of the optics rail, optics and optic mounts that extend more than .275" below the top of the rail may not fit the PC Carbine™. Ensure that the optic or optic mount you intend to use does not extend more than .275" below the top of the Picatinny-style rail when installed.

I know these have been around a little while and I see them at the range frequently.  Actually thinking about getting a PCC of some kind.  Anyone know how big is the list of optics that will not fit the PC9's rail?  I don't think that's a dimension that is commonly shown when information about an optic is provided in marketing material, so it seems you may have to go by trial and error or go off of someone else's trial an error.     

• Informative 1

8 hours ago, Regular Guy said:

From the link provided by @USRifle30Cal I saw this note at the bottom of the spec sheet. 

† NOTE: The receiver-mounted, Picatinny-style rail is designed to accommodate most optics and optic mounts intended for use with Picatinny/ MIL-STD 1913 rails. However, due to reduced clearance between the top of the receiver and the bottom of the optics rail, optics and optic mounts that extend more than .275" below the top of the rail may not fit the PC Carbine™. Ensure that the optic or optic mount you intend to use does not extend more than .275" below the top of the Picatinny-style rail when installed.

I know these have been around a little while and I see them at the range frequently.  Actually thinking about getting a PCC of some kind.  Anyone know how big is the list of optics that will not fit the PC9's rail?  I don't think that's a dimension that is commonly shown when information about an optic is provided in marketing material, so it seems you may have to go by trial and error or go off of someone else's trial an error.     

I would just double check with back up flip irons. The gen 1 magpuls have had clearance issues with similar firearm designs. 

I will say, with the option of configuring an "other", you could get something shorter. 

I had a friend at a local machine shop make me a set of spacers so my red dot would co-witness with the stock iron sights. Not sure if anyone is making something to "fix" this issue, mine came out great. Was my go-to Knockdown Steel gun before I left Central Jersey. Now it's my "plinker" down here in the sticks...........