weekend_junkie

Helping new gun owners

I have a few friends that align left/center and are now applying for FPID / P2P in my town.  They know me well and have asked ALL the newbie questions.  I'm happy to help but was wondering if anyone already has an easily digestible NJ guide for new shooters.  Something that helps with the "how does this permit work" and "can I get an AR15 in NJ" would be great.

Also, does anyone else have good stories about giving advice or guidance to friends or neighbors during the past month?

30 minutes ago, weekend_junkie said:

I have a few friends that align left/center and are now applying for FPID / P2P in my town.  They know me well and have asked ALL the newbie questions.  I'm happy to help but was wondering if anyone already has an easily digestible NJ guide for new shooters.  Something that helps with the "how does this permit work" and "can I get an AR15 in NJ" would be great.

Also, does anyone else have good stories about giving advice or guidance to friends or neighbors during the past month?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/njac-title13-ch54.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi8-oHxpfLoAhWHd98KHSh-BDoQFjADegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw0hN6gxB-SJGDGheUSWnKbc

https://www.njsp.org/firearms/index.shtml

If they can't figure out the above information tell them to stop voting for the people who wrote it.

Its not my intention to prevent these people from exercising their rights, but they should get a hard taste of the bullshit if they're gonna change their outlook. Helping them cut through it all will undoubtedly make them believe "oh thats not that bad"

58 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

If they can't figure out the above information tell them to stop voting for the people who wrote it.

Its not my intention to prevent these people from exercising their rights, but they should get a hard taste of the bullshit if they're gonna change their outlook. Helping them cut through it all will undoubtedly make them believe "oh thats not that bad"

For context, everything I say is covered in “our laws are ineffectual lip service” as a starting point. It exciting to underscore how much BS the democrats try to angle.

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

Also, what’s with the state posting an old version of the statute? This is in the definitions

"Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm.