Downtownv

Trenton Protest in the making, put up or shut up!

TRENTON, N.J. – New Jersey residents hoping to emulate anti-‘stay at home‘ protests in other states including Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Utah, Wyoming and Virginia were thrown a curveball on Thursday when Facebook shut down their event page.

The “Open New Jersey” rally – planned for Tuesday, April 28th at the Trenton War Memorial – was informed by Facebook that its event page violated the social media platform’s community standards. Specifically, Facebook warned that it was “coordinating harm and promoting crime.”

#facebook the 6th column. Rights for the main steam media. But your freedom if expression will be denied. Constitution and Bill of rights be damned.

power to the people2.png

https://www.foxnews.com/us/organizer-of-nj-coronavirus-stay-at-home-protest-hit-with-criminal-violation

"If you think emergency orders are more like guidelines than actual rules, think again,” Grewal said in a tweet Friday.

if you think the Bill of Rightsis like guidlines, think again.

gerbil and the Donkey need a severe paddling for systematic abuse of civil rights

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, PeteF said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/organizer-of-nj-coronavirus-stay-at-home-protest-hit-with-criminal-violation

"If you think emergency orders are more like guidelines than actual rules, think again,” Grewal said in a tweet Friday.

gerbil and the Donkey need a severe paddling for systematic abuse of civil rights

See you there?

37 minutes ago, PeteF said:

the lunacy of this doooshe bag is oxymoronic.

Why is it ok for  $9 an hr. shop rite cashier ok buy a dentist isn't?

Why is it ok for a hospital warehouse shipping receiving guy but any other dockworker, isn't?

There are many businesses and offices that have 2-4 people there. Why should they have to close?

What was a guy reading a book all alone on s beach arrested?

Why was there 5 park police vehicles staged  at a county park in colts neck to prevent the people, that actually own the park from using it?

Why are these 5 people so special? Why would it need 5 police vehicles for this "task"

These people are enjoying there newfound power/authority  and seem to take pleasure in hurting the citizens, financially and use of over whelming force. This is what this rally (don't call it a protest) is about.

Make sure to not wear a mask and feel free to shake hands, hug people, ignore their coughing since it's probably just allergies. Don't bother washing your hands either. After all, you clearly don't think hundreds dying a day in this state alone is a big deal. Clearly it won't happen to you, right?

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • FacePalm 1

5 hours ago, Greenday said:

Make sure to not wear a mask and feel free to shake hands, hug people, ignore their coughing since it's probably just allergies. Don't bother washing your hands either. After all, you clearly don't think hundreds dying a day in this state alone is a big deal. Clearly it won't happen to you, right?

Who are you talking to, pussy cat?

11 hours ago, Greenday said:

I agree, 100%.  Staying home.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, PeteF said:

If he sues, I'll donate my $1,200 gov cheese check to the cause.

Facebook has deleted an organizing group tasked with putting together a rally against restrictive “stay-at-home” executive orders in the state of New Jersey.

According to conservative news site Save Jersey, activists were organizing an “Open New Jersey” rally over Facebook until their event was unceremoniously removed for supposedly violating the community standards of the social media giant. Facebook claimed the activists were “coordinating harm and promoting crime” with their non-violent protest against tyranny.

Primary organizer Angela DeVoe, who resides in Forked River, N.J, said she is not backing down due to Facebook’s Orwellian censorship of the event. Organizers will continue onward with the planned protest and will not let the tech monopoly stand in their way.

Trending: Fake News Journo Who Photographed First Responders Blocking Traffic Has History of Staging Medical Photo-Ops

“We would like the Governor to recognize that most of us can return safely to work by May 1, 2020,” DeVoe told Save Jersey. “Small business should be open and allowed to operate immediately. The parks and beaches shall resume operation. We should be able as American’s to the make choices for ourselves and our families that best coincide with our individual needs.”

take our poll - story continues below

DeVoe says that she and her fellow protesters are undaunted by Gov. Phil Murphy’s threats of incarceration and Draconian fines for organizing. Murphy is threatening fines of up to $1,000 and six months in jail to those who exhibit their 1st Amendment rights during the coronavirus pandemic.

“Yes, that has been a consideration and conversation amongst the group; however, most of those planning to attend believe that standing up for our freedoms and for those most affected by the shut down is more important,” DeVoe said.

“We need some hope,” she added. “Every press conference given by the Governor only depresses those watching, like this situation will go on forever. It’s not possible to forever be two weeks out from the apex of the virus. He uses terms like, ‘we’re not even at first and goal.’ The one size fits all of these executive orders need to end.”

Gov. Murphy admitted during an appearance on the Tucker Carlson show Wednesday that he did not take the Bill of Rights and Constitution into consideration while locking down his state.

“By what authority did you nullify the Bill of Rights in issuing this order?” Carlson asked Murphy.

“I wasn’t thinking of the Bill of Rights when we did this,” he responded.

“Well I can tell,” Carlson retorted.

Tucker Carlson Questioning NJ Governor On His Orders Closing Down Religious Gatherings: "By what authority did you nullify the Bill of Rights in issuing this order?"

NJ Gov. Phil Murphy: "I wasn't thinking of the Bill of Rights when we did this."

Tucker: "Well I can tell." pic.twitter.com/WKDTYh5Dmt

— The Columbia Bugle (@ColumbiaBugle) April 16, 2020

Unfortunately for Gov. Murphy, the success of “Operation Gridlock” in Michigan and similar protests in Ohio have started a nationwide phenomenon. All the Big Brother censorship that Facebook can muster cannot stop the wave of patriotism that is sweeping the nation as a reaction to coronavirus-related overreach.

15 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Unfortunately for Gov. Murphy, the success of “Operation Gridlock” in Michigan and similar protests in Ohio have started a nationwide phenomenon. All the Big Brother censorship that Facebook can muster cannot stop the wave of patriotism that is sweeping the nation as a reaction to coronavirus-related overreach.

Define success. Because so far, the Michigan protests accomplished nothing but a large group of people being made fun of, the state still isn't opening, and they just had their highest amount of new cases/deaths. The governor of Ohio seems in no rush to open up anything. So other than successfully spreading germs around and now being the laughingstock of every meme, not sure what you are talking about.

Patriotism is Americans sacrificing for one another so people don't needlessly die because people are bored indoors.

• Agree 1
  • FacePalm 1

On 4/18/2020 at 6:02 PM, PeteF said:

NJ needs a strong republican or even an independent, like maybe a LIbertarian, but we need a candidate  with Trump like skills to use the Dems unconstitutional abuse of power during the crisis to demolish beaver puss and his cohorts. 

The NJ dem party needs to be exposed and deposed.  The beast has shown it's grotesque true nature.

5 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

The NJ dem party needs to be exposed and deposed.  The beast has shown it's grotesque true nature.

There's nothing to expose. This scumbag state has been a source of national ridicule due to graft, corruption, expense and stupidity for decades. It's no secret. People in this state know full well they are voting @$$holes into office. Not only do they not care, they do it enthusiastically. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Once again..the extremes are trying to dictate policy....

Americans of this Republic are patriotic, loyal, trusting to a fault - and will do what is needed and asked of them based on scientific guidance, to keep the nation as safe as can be in the emergency.

What they cannot and will not tolerate after the initial emergency, as the crisis drones on - is the overreach of the politik commissars, that use this crisis as a way to consolidate and expand their powers, for their own benefit.

That being said....those that think this is a nothing burger and just about the limitation of rights fail to see the precipice that society as a whole looks out over ....it can be filled with light...or it can and will potentially be as dark as the dark ages ever were.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 12:17 AM, Greenday said:

Ill be the first one to put flowers on your casket when i lean over to you.  And say.   I guess i was right.  Lifes alot harder and intense than you realize.  I wish you well

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/19/2020 at 12:17 AM, Greenday said:

Make sure to not wear a mask

I'm not

and feel free to shake hands, hug people, ignore their coughing since it's probably just allergies.

It is,  I have had allergies this year, not too bad though

Don't bother washing your hands either.

I washed my hands about the same before the plague

After all, you clearly don't think hundreds dying a day in this state alone is a big deal. Clearly it won't happen to you, right?

People die every day. You are welcome to hole up in your mom's basement whilst the rest of us go out and have fun and run the world, there snow flake. Or should I say Shill Of George--

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Ill be the first one to put flowers on your casket when i lean over to you.  And say.   I guess i was right.  Lifes alot harder and intense than you realize.  I wish you well

Flowers? 
it won’t be mud I’m covering him in...

Lets leave this here  ... 

Ohio man dies from coronavirus after online posts calling it 'Bulls---' and 'Political Ploy'

https://www.foxnews.com/health/ohio-man-dies-from-coronavirus-after-online-posts-calling-it-bulls-and-political-ploy

If you go, please be sensible.

On 4/19/2020 at 12:18 PM, Ray Ray said:

I agree, 100%.  Staying home.

^^^^^^^^  This....

12 hours ago, Golf battery said:

I know a great place to buy some.

15 hours ago, Greenday said:

Patriotism is Americans sacrificing for one another so people don't needlessly die because people are bored indoors.

Or becoming jobless and not being able to put food on their tables.  Idiot.

We fought a revolution under the Smallpox epidemic.. I think U.S. citizens can handle getting back to work with the right precautions.

For every COVID death, there are 500 people unemployed (and climbing).  500 Families that will struggle to provide, eat, have shelter, etc.. This isn't sacrifice, this is self-immolation.

Its time to get back to work.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I can't wait to go to this Rally.  I'm not happy living my life in a cage.  My only child won't visit for fear of killing me or his mother.

I'm at my wits' end and if I'm to die over this, then so be it & hurry it the fuck up!  But I'm goin' down swingin'!

Just need to go on the computer & make my own Press Pass just in case I feel like gettin' thrown-out of the Gov-na's Press Conference :) 

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Lets leave this here  ... 

Ohio man dies from coronavirus after online posts calling it 'Bulls---' and 'Political Ploy'

https://www.foxnews.com/health/ohio-man-dies-from-coronavirus-after-online-posts-calling-it-bulls-and-political-ploy

If you go, please be sensible.

^^^^^^^^  This....

People who are at risk due to age and respitory concerns should be extra careful and probably stay home.

Political ploy?  Context is key.  These situations have a way of bringing out the best and worst of people, and it gets more complicated when person A's definition of best is person B's definition of worst.

Bull?  No more or less than any other virus.

This man and his quotes will probably be often cited in the next week or three.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Greenday said:

Define success. Because so far, the Michigan protests accomplished nothing but a large group of people being made fun of, the state still isn't opening, and they just had their highest amount of new cases/deaths. The governor of Ohio seems in no rush to open up anything. So other than successfully spreading germs around and now being the laughingstock of every meme, not sure what you are talking about.

I'm 100% aligned with your thinking in terms of people wearing masks, adhering to social distancing, washing hands frequently, etc. To me, that seems prudent, self-evident... common sense really! That said, I think there HAS been real overreach and perplexing approaches to some of these orders, like in our own state (e.g., people alone on a park bench or beach being arrested, drive-through events cancelled, liquor stores open but other retail businesses closed, marinas now opening but parks still closed, etc.) But mostly, I think too many people today get their "news" (and form their opinions) from the least reliable sources!

Here's a quote from the Detroit Times about that Michigan protest described by you as "a large group of people being made fun of": Lt. Darren Green of the Michigan State Police estimated several thousand cars were part of the demonstration, with 100 to 150 people on the Capitol lawn. Green said traffic was backed up for more than a mile around the Capitol in several directions. "They’re being respectful and not causing any issues at all," Green said.

So, several thousand protestors were responsible citizens, exercising their 1st Amendment rights from inside their cars and thus following social distancing recommendations, but all anyone hears about from the press, the late night comedians, and the Internet trolls is mockery of the scant 100-150 protestors on foot, some of whom took little to no precautions. Does that seem at all fair? And do you feel it's fair of you to promote that flawed portrayal? I'm tired of people acting like these protesters were overwhelmingly a bunch of drooling idiots, because the proportions - the FACTS - simply don't bear that out! I suspect a lot of these protestors are hard-working people who WOULD run their business or attend to their job with GREAT care if allowed to (masks, social distancing, etc.), but they aren't being given the chance! Instead, they're watching their futures (and their freedoms) slip away right in front of their eyes and they're terrified.  For those of us damn lucky enough to have a pipeline of income coming in (that's you and I both, right?), it shouldn't be so hard to tap into some of that great "compassion" you're always promoting. How 'bout we summon up a speck of concern for our fellow citizens, most of whom aren't just "bored indoors" as you say, but who are losing EVERYTHING?! Why snicker at the cruel Internet memes that feed on their misery? My god, we've become a selfish, snarky society! We should be better - this is a great opportunity to start.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

45 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

So, several thousand protestors were responsible citizens, exercising their 1st Amendment rights from inside their cars ...

And yet how many times have we seen antifa loot, riot, and assault innocent people all while the cops stood there and watched?

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

NJ needs a strong republican or even an independent, like maybe a LIbertarian, but we need a candidate  with Trump like skills to use the Dems unconstitutional abuse of power during the crisis to demolish beaver puss and his cohorts. 

That will be a daunting task.  The people of NJ prefer to be sheep.  The article below says it all.  I don't' know how reliable the pollster is but a 71% approval rating will be difficult to overcome. 

https://savejersey.com/2020/04/poll-64-of-new-jerseyans-support-publicly-shaming-social-distance-violators/

Here's the thing. You know when this thing will end? The second that the politicians run out of money.  Right now, they think they can pay for their rules, and they have done so while amassing more power than before and tossing out the bits of the state constitution they don't like. They really don't care if you live or die other than that it will be bad press for them and potentially negatively impact revenues and campaign contributions. 

And all of the above is clouded by the fact that this disease is problematic. It's more than likely less dangerous than the flu, but significantly more contagious and that combined with a hospitalization rate high enough that when combined with those other two factors means we are running hospitals in population dense areas at 100% or more capacity. 

What we are seeing now is that the numbers are rolling in and there is a genuine point to debate. 

Life saving policy caused economic upheaval. Politicians could mitigate this by running the printing presses. It gets them good publicity and they look likethe domin they did something good. 

However, you now see that the policy is impacting supply chains. Most importantly food supply chains. Starvation has a lot higher mortality rate than this disease, and starving people like hanging politicians more than voting for them. 

Right now, staying home seems like a viable option. But you have to imagine the world 3 months... 6 months.. a year from now. 

Right now in a very real way we are setting up the situation where we have more money than food to buy it with. This leads to inflation of food prices, which we are already seeing. Part of that money chasing food is government bailout. That is going to run out and then you have inflated prices on scarce food with 10-20% unemployment? Right now, we have policy based on the notion that this disease would be worse than it is and that most people who were out of work would go back to working when shelter in place was done. A lot of them won't be. That reality is sinking in and policy is going to have to adjust.

Greenday can sniff his own farts and feel smug all he wants. But the reality is you have Trump saying we need to open up or we will have a pandemic and a depression and possibly food riots because this is not a functional model for long term behavior of human society. Then you have.. lets say all the democratic governors in the northeast who say that the orange monster is a tyrant that will kill us all and is advocating an apocalypse. While also planning THE EXACT SAME PROCESS being advocated by Trump. There's only minor differences, and the motivating reasons are exactly the same. But the publicity game is all about people pretending that if it weren't for the other guy, we could have gotten through this without harm. 

And everyone wants to pretend this shit has something to do with an inherently superior set of ideals. It's not. Dairy farmers are dumping milk because their customer base and volume shifted radically and milk spoils faster than you can shift that process. Once you get past schools and restaurants closing and trying to pretend that one side wouldn't have done that (because both sides did), ideology doesn't come into it. Then look at the yeast situation. Demand shot through the roof. Manufacturing can actually make a shit ton more yeast. But they can't get enough of the right packaging, and without the right packaging the yeast doesn't live long enough to traverse the supply chain. You can pretend the problem is because the packaging comes from India. The real problem is that there is no secondary source of packaging that isn't also affected by the pandemic and has the capacity to meet that demand. Unless you change policy to allow more people to work on that problem, be it here, India, wherever, you won't meet the increased demand. And create scarcity and inflation. 

It isn't the trump bucks hitting people's bank accounts that is going to cause inflation. That's mostly filling a hole created by lack of employment. The uncontrollable path to inflation is going to be all the imbalances in supply and demand. Where an american was spending say 10% of their income on food, and now will be spending 30% in part due to less income and in part due to competition for scarce supply. 

And what about all the issues with rent and mortgages. Rent especially. You aint paying, they can't evict you, and you have lots of people being dumped on the street the first day it is legally possible.And they all start competing for what housing will have them. And what happens when you get competition for a scarce resource?  And it won't just be shuffling of tenants. A lot of those vacancies won't be back on the market. Definitely not for people who didn't pay then, but a lot will be taken off the market if fiscally viable, go into foreclosure because the economic damage was to significant to the landlord,  aren't where the demand is because the main employers in the area didn't survive this economic mess, etc. 

If something isn't done to mitigate it, which is why despite the theatrics and finger pointing, you have diametrically opposed leaders going through the EXACT SAME PROCESS to figure out when they have to cry uncle and reopen. 

This is because once Greenday gets done with his fart sniffing, and AVB realizes he's a lot more financially well off than most of the US and thus isn't facing the same problems, that the choice ISN'T how many corpses is it worth to save people from boredom, but how many dead sick people is it worth having to prevent stacking corpses from political unrest, or what the exchange rate is between covid-19 deaths and half the country slowly starving to death. It's going to be a choice between two flavors of shit sandwich. Not do no harm and fuck it all up. 

And to be fair, there are people here who will be saying we should never have taken measures in the first place and be borderline psychotic about it. They aren't right either as they are pointing at numbers that are the result of HAVING DONE SOMETHING when they say it isn't bad enough to justify this. The thing is the majority of people making those claims are viewed as idiots. There's lots of people pushing the Trump fucked it all up and all democrats are saints narrative being treated as if they are the most reasonable people in the room rather than liars who are also full of shit. 

This ride aint going to be fun, and neither party has a plan that will skip it. Everyone is trying to figure out how to make it shortest and everyone is working with estimates on how bad each bad thing is with spreads that are vast. It'd be nice if the monkeys would stop flinging poo while doing it, but pretending it isn't what it is on both sides of the aisle is bullshit. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1