Displaced Texan

Blue Angels/Thunderbirds fly by?

Interesting.  I've not seen mention of it on the pilot bulletin board I follow, but it's plausible.  They (maybe just the Thunderbirds) did a similar flyby in Colorado a few days ago, to honor first responders and those in the medical profession.

My niece's boyfriend has a civilian procurement position supporting the Blue Angels. I have a question in for him. I'll let you know what I hear back.

KYW and other news media are reporting it's NOT true. The same rumor was out for NYC for today as well.

Blue Angels have no plans for Philadelphia flyover amid coronavirus pandemic despite internet rumors 

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia/blue-angels-philadelphia-flyover-thunderbirds-navy-air-force-coronavirus-20200422.html

The response was I have no details on a flyover.  He may not be able to talk about it. I know he came to visit my niece in NJ from the state he lives in and when he got back he got a call from a Colonel  I guess they tracked his phone. He wasn't supposed to leave his state.

Hmmm...I could trail the formation in the Skyhawk for a good portion of either route even if I couldn't get a Class B clearance over Philly or the NYC airports during the flyby...shouldn't be lagging more than an hour or two behind the pack the the end of the route.  Do you think folks would stay outside the extra time to wave at me?  :-)  

• Haha 1

Can’t see them in this pic, but we were able to see them from The Sandy Hook Bayshore down the street. We watched them fly East over the Verrazano and out over Long Island where they turned North and we lost them.

y71G8I8.jpg

About 15 minutes later they flew South, down the East River, over the bay, gained altitude and flew to the Raritan River where we lost them.

23 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Book was sooooooo much better.

And the “sequels” by the same author weren’t horrible. 

I couldn’t see or hear them where I am. They basically flew 270 degrees around me. I was on the tarmac with the FD for the Mcquire air show and got to see Thunderbirds up close. That was fantastic.