Torkk

Looking for an Optomeitrist in No Jersey

2 hours ago, Torkk said:

As the title states. I am looking for an optometrist in North Jersey Bergen or Hudson county or near by. I need to specs and my script isn't working well with focusing on the front site

I'm on exactly the same boat as I need real glasses instead of the Walmart readers I've been using. But until the quarantine is lifted it's not going to happen.

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

I see what you did there!

I wish I could

42 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

My eye doctor is closed as well due to the quarantine.

He's former Air Force and a pistol shooter.

Do you mind sharing his name?

PM is fine, if you prefer. I'm looking for a new guy; I changed insurance plan (Davidson) and my old guy doesn't take it.

UPDATE!

I contacted DR Walker at Randolph Eyecare, he said his father does the marksmanship eye work and he was in Fla. He said he would try,  He did my regular rx work and tackled my split vision for hitting the range. I used my phone as a stand in and it looked promising. He was concerned about me getting dizzy with  2 different rx in 1 frame, but I told him it felt good and that it was only for range or competition.

Today my glasses came from SportRX, I tried them out  with my pistol. DAMN, I can pickup the front sight with ease now.

Where with my regular glasses my sights were fuzzy no definition. With this new RX my left eye is normal long distance rx and the right eye is for mid distance I was able to see the sharpness of the sight and the fiber optic wasnt a fuzzy blob of green and when presented to my eye that sight was picked up fast.

• Like 2

I run a distance lens for my left eye and a close lens for my right when shooting irons. I also have another insert for my Aimcam glasses that has 2 distance lenses for when I'm running a red dot. The second set make running a scoring tablet a wee bit of a challenge.