Cheflife15

Buying a gun from online forum

I bought a pistol from a gentleman on this site. 

We met at an agreeable FFL, I handed him cash, the FFL did the transfer, he handed me the pistol. Simple. 

Shotgun/long gun would be the same way. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

I bought a pistol from a gentleman on this site. 

We met at an agreeable FFL, I handed him cash, the FFL did the transfer, he handed me the pistol. Simple. 

Shotgun/long gun would be the same way. 

But i do need a free "permit" correct? I was thinking about applying for more to kinda build the collection. I see this becoming a hobby for me. 

3 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

But i do need a free "permit" correct? I was thinking about applying for more to kinda build the collection. I see this becoming a hobby for me. 

You need a permit for the handgun, as normal. You need your firearms purchase card and it must go through an ffl now for the shotgun, or rifle. The handgun must also go through the ffl. Why we need these p2p’s and fpid cards now they changed the law is even more of an undue burden 

• Agree 1

Just now, Zeke said:

Welcome to new Germany 

Ive been trying to get out of here for years. My girlfriends a bit reluctant but im slowly wearing her down. Even Buying ammo online has me checking every law. They make me feel like a criminal for wanting to go to the range and protect my family inside my house. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheflife15 said:

Ive been trying to get out of here for years. My girlfriends a bit reluctant but im slowly wearing her down. Even Buying ammo online has me checking every law. They make me feel like a criminal for wanting to go to the range and protect my family inside my house. 

Well if you are the last one out, screw em. Leave the light on!

26 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

While i have you here, anything wrong with total metal jacket ammo for a walther ppq or a cz 75? 

No. But I don’t like steel cased. Full metal jacket and steel cased are completely different things though.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cheflife15 said:

You're leading me down a new rabbit hole here. Why the preference?

Steel cased is harder on the equipment, can’t be reloaded. Etc

also i doubt you will have many issues with walther or cz as far as ammo goes( brass cased of course) but it’s I good idea to try a few rounds of hollow point to make sure they cycle.

fmj - full metal jacket is range ammo

hp- hollow point is what you want in your defense gun.

also I find 124 grain 9mm is a better shooting then 115 in factory ammo.

ask all the questions! Awesome knowledgeable people here! None of them can cook, but they know gun stuff 

9 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

You're leading me down a new rabbit hole here. Why the preference?

Full metal jacket 

https://ammo.com/bullet-type/full-metal-jacket-fmj

Steel case ammo

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/brass-vs-steel-ammo/

teal/dear

Full metal jacket refers to the construction of the projectile (bullet)

Steel case refers to the construction of the cartridge case

Edited by WP22
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

8 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Steel cased is harder on the equipment, can’t be reloaded. Etc

also i doubt you will have many issues with walther or cz as far as ammo goes( brass cased of course) but it’s I good idea to try a few rounds of hollow point to make sure they cycle.

fmj - full metal jacket is range ammo

hp- hollow point is what you want in your defense gun.

also I find 124 grain 9mm is a better shooting then 115 in factory ammo.

ask all the questions! Awesome knowledgeable people here! None of them can cook, but they know gun stuff 

The "hollow points" i have are the hornady critic defense. From my understanding they're not considered true hollow points but ill test these out as well. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, Cheflife15 said:

The "hollow points" i have are the hornady critic defense. From my understanding they're not considered true hollow points but ill test these out as well. Thank you. 

Trust your gear by proofing it

• Like 1

@Cheflife15

Welcome and listen to anyone for great gun advise.

Just don’t listen to this guy, Betty crockpot for cooking advise. 

Construction, love life, guns - Zeke is your man. Cooking=no Zeke

pork roll by the way

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Brisco said:

@Cheflife15

Welcome and listen to anyone for great gun advise.

Just don’t listen to this guy, Betty crockpot for cooking advise. 

Construction, love life, guns - Zeke is your man. Cooking=no Zeke

pork roll by the way

Wait till you try my coconut meatballs...

• FacePalm 3

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

Says the guy who ‘bbqs’ ribs in a crock pot, puts pineapple in ‘meatloaf’, and coconut in ‘meatballs’.....an abomination of nature....:D

19 hours ago, Zeke said:

You need a permit for the handgun, as normal. You need your firearms purchase card and it must go through an ffl now for the shotgun, or rifle. The handgun must also go through the ffl. Why we need these p2p’s and fpid cards now they changed the law is even more of an undue burden 

Cash grab.