Rickap7

1st Gun thoughts

3 minutes ago, Rickap7 said:

Looking at the Sig P320c and the P320cx also the M&P M2.0 9mm. Thoughts

Have you held one? Does it fit your hand? Sigs are good choices, but if they are too big/small for your hand, you might not shoot it well. 

Both should be reliable. As Tex says, it's mainly an issue of ergonomics to your hand. People love Glocks but I have a hard time with them. The grip is a little fat, and the angle between the handle and the barrel is a little off from what feels comfortable for me. Rent them and shoot them before buying. 

Here is my $0.02 - you have to try them out and see what works for you.  

Pretty much any firearm from a reputable manufacturer is good to go, it all comes down to your preference.  Here's my list in no particular order (I am sure I am missing some):

• Sig Sauer
  • Glock
  • Smith & Wesson
  • Walther
  • CZ
  • Beretta
  • Heckler & Koch
  • Springfield Armory
  • Ruger
  • Colt
  • Kimber

You will definitely find something from one of these manufacturers that will be top rate. There are others that could be listed but of course YMMV.  I own some mentioned here as well as others not on this list (Taurus).

Edited by tomk62

Why 320 compact? 
Get the full size. Baby guns are not what you want to learn on. Also Sig in its infinite awesomeness made these guns modular. So get the full-size, learn , and then buy the compact exchange kit.( delivered to your door). No brainer 

if the state ever opens up again you are welcome to try my 320. After the economy gets normal I’m doing the Pmm better Than Roland special conversion 

• Agree 1

fwiw I carry a Sig 320c every day and I love it. No jams, leaks, or sqeaks. Never a hick cup . FIts my hand very well and I have large hands. About the size of Glock 23. Good luck with your decision.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Why 320 compact? 
Get the full size. Baby guns are not what you want to learn on.

Agreed - bigger generally equates to better recoil control and longer sight radius (easier to aim), smaller generally equates to better concealment but less control and harder to aim.  Choose based on your requirements.

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, tomk62 said:

Agreed - bigger generally equates to better recoil control and longer sight radius (easier to aim), smaller generally equates to better concealment but less control and harder to aim.  Choose based on your requirements.

Not necessarily, how much of a difference do you think people really see between a standard  g19 vs g17? 

Most compacts are slightly smaller versions for their full size counter parts... and its pretty marginal. Subcompact is a different ballgame.

I dunno what a baby gun is.. even the p938 is a great gun with hogue grips and the extended mag..

Its important the gun is comfortable to shoot for the OP..

2 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Not necessarily, how much of a difference do you think people really see between a standard  g19 vs g17? 

Most compacts are slightly smaller versions for their full size counter parts... and its pretty marginal. Subcompact is a different ballgame.

Yes, which is why I said "generally".  G17 to G19, not much difference.  G17 to G26 or G43, much different.

• Agree 1

An example of the size difference between the full size Glock and the compact Glocks. 

G22 (gen3) on top. 
G19 (gen4) middle   
G23 (gen3) bottom

About 1/2” difference in slide length between the full size and compact, and about the same for grip. They all feel very different, in spite of the relatively small dimensional differences. 

9FF4FC30-F387-4299-BF69-7FD3B10E7CDA.jpeg

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, tomk62 said:

Yes, which is why I said "generally".  G17 to G19, not much difference.  G17 to G26 or G43, much different.

But the OP asked about the p320c, its a whopping inch shorter than the standard...

I know @Zeke needs every extra inch he can get...

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Well this just got awkward..

Yeah.  I kinda wish Zeke would go back to talking about his pina colada-flavored meatball recipe.  That was slightly less nauseating.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, 10X said:

Yeah.  I kinda wish Zeke would go back to talking about his pina colada-flavored meatball recipe.  That was slightly less nauseating.

“You want the meatballs! You can’t handle the meatballs! You’re goddam right I have awesome meatballs!”

or to paraphrase my widdle buddy @Displaced Texan

” everyone loves my meatballs in there mouf”

@Rob0115 were did this go wrong? 
not my fault 

• Like 1
  • FacePalm 1

Thanks for all the info. This forum is great glad I joined so much info and everyone is helpful.

A lot to think about but I got time being the permit area is backed up I was told there were 250 ahead of me when I called my PD.

Again thanks

• Agree 1

On 4/28/2020 at 4:36 PM, Displaced Texan said:

An example of the size difference between the full size Glock and the compact Glocks. 

G22 (gen3) on top. 
G19 (gen4) middle   
G23 (gen3) bottom

About 1/2” difference in slide length between the full size and compact, and about the same for grip. They all feel very different, in spite of the relatively small dimensional differences. 

9FF4FC30-F387-4299-BF69-7FD3B10E7CDA.jpeg

but goddamn they're ugly.   

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

On 4/28/2020 at 3:40 PM, Zeke said:

Why 320 compact? 
Get the full size. Baby guns are not what you want to learn on. Also Sig in its infinite awesomeness made these guns modular. So get the full-size, learn , and then buy the compact exchange kit.( delivered to your door). No brainer 

if the state ever opens up again you are welcome to try my 320. After the economy gets normal I’m doing the Pmm better Than Roland special conversion 

I'll tag along.  HK-VP9 and multiple M&P 9 flavors available to try.

15 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

So is @Zeke, but we still love him. 

Very true.....Kinda like a fungus...he grows on you.   @Zeke truly is a good guy....though it took me awhile to become fluent in his particular dialect of retardese.  

Also I won't mention that the last time I shot (a slightly modified) Glock, it was a tack driver.  Some of my best groups were with that gun.  It made me want to buy one, but if i bought it, she'd be that one ugly girl with the group of hot chicks.. i'd have to spend considerable money to make her up enough to take out occasionally.  

On 4/28/2020 at 5:59 PM, Zeke said:

“You want the meatballs! You can’t handle the meatballs! You’re goddam right I have awesome meatballs!”

or to paraphrase my widdle buddy @Displaced Texan

” everyone loves my meatballs in there mouf”

@Rob0115 were did this go wrong? 
not my fault 

Sorry just recovered from my bout with the flu.  I don’t know why folks are picking you—I really don’t understand it. I thought your offer was generous.  
I’d get a glock 19 over the 320c.  I know that doesn’t make you happy but I find it better. 

1 hour ago, Rob0115 said:

Sorry just recovered from my bought with the flu.  I don’t know why folks are picking you—I really don’t understand it. I thought your offer was generous.  
I’d get a glock 19 over the 320c.  I know that doesn’t make you happy but I find it better. 

We ball bust Zeke, because that’s what friends do. Besides, he makes meatloaf with pineapple, and boils ribs in a crockpot. Those alone are solid reasons to give him hell. 

You’ll find that most of us are happy to help out, and try our guns to see what works best for you. 
I have 2 generations of G19s you are welcome to try. They each fit the hand slightly different. Personally I prefer the Gen4, because it fits me a little better. 

• Like 1

If you can take people up on their offers to let you shoot their pistols, and / or go to a range with rentals and try several including some you didn't think you'd like or maybe have zero interest in now.

You can get a bit of a feel for a pistol by picking it up, holding it and pulling the trigger. But the only real way to know is to try shooting it.

True story. When I first started getting into shooting I had zero interest in Glocks. They just seemed boring, they didn't look as elegant or cool and didn't have as many cool switches and levers and things to play around with. Snore... I was also all about .45 ACP back then because I just didn't know any better.... oh wait, that's another topic.

Anyways, I tried a bunch of pistols. 1911s, M&Ps, Sigs, Ruger, CZ... all the top brands. I even made a few purchases. Finally a year or so into my adventure I rented a G21 and shot it. Maybe it was that particular gun, but I shot so well with it I had to have one. I remember putting a giant ragged hole in the target with the first magazine. I still to this day cannot figure out why, but I can usually just shoot a Glock really effectively. Not that I can't shoot other stuff well, it's just Glocks always seem to surprise me.

I carried a G32, then moved into a G19 for most of my 3.5 years in a free state, and every time I shot either of them was surprised at how well I could shoot them. I mean they are blocky and have that spongyish trigger, has dorky sites on it.... the list goes on! From a table top dry fire perspective I never would have even considered one.

My point isn't that you should get a Glock. My point is take the opportunity to go shoot a bunch of guns and find one you like best before making a final decision. You probably wouldn't buy a car just because it looks great and the seats are comfortable. You'd want to test drive it. There are a lot of really great guns on the market. You might be surprised by what you learn, and save yourself the headache of finding out you're not crazy about something you spent your hard earned money on.

• Agree 1

My BIL special ordered an Uberti six-shooter a couple of years back.  I tell ya it was the smoothest cannon at the range...and painted bright red.  I am more of a Beretta 92FS myself, but everyone have their own favorites.  I am nervous around Glocks because most of them have no safety.  Probably why Plaxico shot himself in the thigh.  Just a theory.

On 4/28/2020 at 1:19 PM, Rickap7 said:

Looking at the Sig P320c and the P320cx also the M&P M2.0 9mm. Thoughts

M&P 2.0 w/ a 3.6" barrel...