Sevenshot

Jericho from cowboy bebop fame

A buddy of mine who lives in NJ has a couple permits to burn. He's fairly new to firearms (has a sig 226 9mm) and isn't set on anything in particular. I've advised him to get a glock19 and something in 22 (we shot a Walther p22 and maybe Ruger SR22). I also think he'd be interested in the Jericho 941 since it's made by IWI. Anyone own one and can give me some info to pass along? Is the takedown simple enough considering his inexperience? Know a place that has these in stock?

Thanks in advance.

Take down on the baby eagle/jericho is pretty straight forward.  line up the two dimples, pop out the slide stop. take the slide off, take out spring and guide rod, take out barrel. Assembly is reverse. 

They tend to be accurate guns. They are heavy though. 

• Agree 1

My buddy decided on the masada 9mm. He called Otto's and they said it's not NJ compliant? Anyone know why? Can't think of a single reason why the 10rd mag option wouldn't be allowed in NJ.

Since I'm pretty sure Otto's messed this up, any of the vendors on here have it in stock or can get it? He's located near Otto's.

I have learned that a lot of dealers, not all, but the majority are misinformed/ unaware of actual law. Then there are a few that are down right deceitful just to make a sale or up-sell an uninformed individual.

Again, this is not all of the dealers, and I have in fact met some awesome ones. I would say as a consumer, it is imperative that you do your own research regarding not only pricing, and the law, but proper/ safe operation and maintenance of your firearm.

Here ya go:

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/818004020401

• Agree 1

There isn't a restricted handgun list in NJ that I'm aware of at all, so any pistol under 50oz. should be legal here. That's assuming we are talking about your typical auto loader or revolver of course, and not something "scary" looking with banned features. The Masada does not fall into that category. Mag capacity may be an issue, but you could buy the pistol and find mags later (although that'll cost you more and you'll be with a non-functional pistol in the meantime).

There's at least one Masada 10+1 on gunbroker.

• Agree 1