Romeo

Benelli M4 - modified choke and slugs?

On 4/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, Mr.Stu said:

Usually the recommendation is to stick with Cylinder or Improved Cylinder when shooting slugs.

Where are you? The M4 is not legal in NJ as a pistol grip on a semi-auto shotgun is deemed to make it an assault weapon.

Benelli M4 #11703 is legal in NJ - it has tactical stock (not a pistol grip). There are different versions of M4.

Benelli M4 NJ legal

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Modified will work, but IC or Cyl. may work better. Shooting a variety of slugs for accuracy with these different chokes is the only way to confirm what provides the best accuracy. 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

Usually the recommendation is to stick with Cylinder or Improved Cylinder when shooting slugs.

Where are you? The M4 is not legal in NJ as a pistol grip on a semi-auto shotgun is deemed to make it an assault weapon.

Incorrect. If it has the field stock, it is legal. Collapsible with pistol grip is not. If any store carries them, they will likely have the field stock. Got mine that way in NJ.

012_800.jpg

Just now, bhunted said:

Incorrect. If it has the field stock, it is legal. Collapsible with pistol grip is not. If any store carries them, they will likely have the field stock. Got mine that way in NJ.

012_800.jpg

My mistake - I looked at the Benelli website and could only see pistol grip versions.

On 4/30/2020 at 8:03 AM, Mr.Stu said:

My mistake - I looked at the Benelli website and could only see pistol grip versions.

Yea, for some reason, you won't see many field stocks. I actually like it better than the collapsible on this sg... Maybe it's a 2A thing in a lot of states, like NJ...