Princetonian58

ANJRPC, has the time come?

After pushing the State to reopen gun stores, the ANJRPC pulled back from seeking a ruling reopening any range, including outdoor ranges where social distancing is easily achievable, for fear of an adverse ruling during the state of emergency because of the coronavirus.  Their update concluded: That being said, circumstances are changing daily, and the moment may come – soon – when ANJRPC and its counsel can seize a good window of opportunity to act. 

Has the time come?  Golf courses and parks are reopening, both outdoor recreational activities that will be allowed with social distancing.  Moreover, a state court in Virginia held a few days ago that the Second Amendment did not allow the governor to close down an indoor range during the pandemic.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/va-gun-range-wins-first-victory-against-order-requiring-businesses-to-close/2020/04/27/d074e92c-88ad-11ea-8ac1-bfb250876b7a_story.html .  Given the lines that are now being redrawn in terms of reopening v. lockdown, maybe it's time to force Murphy to produce evidence rather than speculation that outdoor gun ranges present any more substantial risk of community spread than other recreational pursuits.

I'm in total agreement.  I protested yesterday.  I carried YOUR water.  I wrote an article & posted a video.  

CNJFO JOINS FELLOW PATRIOTS AT 4-28 OPEN-UP NJ RALLY!
ROWDY PROTESTORS NOT GIVEN CREDIT FOR PARKS OPENING!
by Black Wire Media Wed. April 29, 2020 www.cnjfo.com/join-us

New Jersey gun owners were joined by hundreds of fellow protestors at yesterdays' Open-Up NJ Rally held in the state capitol, Trenton, NJ at both the Statehouse and the War Memorial a few blocks away. Protestors ages spanned eight decades, moms pushed strollers and carried their young in backpacks with flag-waving patriotism. The Coalition appeared to be the only NJ 2nd Amendment group having members of its Executive Board in attendance, except for ANJRPC's Executive VP Anthony Colandro.

Some wore masks, others did not on the beautiful sunny spring day. The NJ State Police set-up roadblocks to hinder vehicular access to the War Memorial, so the Rally grew legs and walked several blocks to where NJ Governor Murphy was conducting his daily press conference inside the War Memorial.

An almost constant parade of slow-moving vehicles of every size & description, adorned with signs & flags galore, did raise a great ruckus with horn-honking splendor! Many circled for hours, never leaving their horseless carriages while protesting the Crown!

Did we make a difference? You be the judge!

Monday we were told everything will remain shut down. Tuesday our Commissar heard our wrath and saw the writing on the wall thanks to news coverage by several networks invading the Covid news cycle as a timely follow-up story. Much like a train wreck, EVERYONE tuned-in. Today, after not saying he'd have some "good news" as a "teaser" at yesterday's press conference, all of a sudden he's OPENING PARKS and golf courses THIS WEEKEND!

If you don't think popular opinion plays a part in political decision making, we have a bridge in Brooklyn on the market!

NOW LET'S GET THE RANGES REOPENED!

OPEN-UP NJ RALLY GETS WIDE NEWS COVERAGE!
PARKS & GOLFING TO OPEN MAY 2ND BY E.O.!
by Black Wire Media Wed. April 29, 2020 www.cnjfo.com/join-us

WE DID IT! We did it for all of us! Thanks to the press coverage from numerous media outlets including several broadcast TV crews on scene yesterday at the Open-Up NJ Rally in front of the State House & later the War Memorial where NJ Gov. Murphy holds his daily press conferences, a plan was announced just today to reopen state & county parks and golf courses effective sun-up May 2nd! How do we claim this as a victory for a small group of LOUD & OBNOXIOUS rebels instead of a mere coincidence? Because the Governor doubled-down yesterday WHILE WE WERE ALL CHANTING and today we have a PLAN! Just like THAT, as if an idea popped into Richard Cranium's head, THAT'S HOW!

With dozens of deployed NJ State Police carefully observing the situation, and after one protestor who wasn't wearing a mask was challenged by a member of the State Police after being told to wear one, and him not being arrested, the entirety of the protest rally was demonstrated determination and pluck! Hundreds joined on foot, many with public address bullhorns and so many vehicles paraded along W. State Street past the cheering crowd that roadblocks were deployed as far away as the Rt. 29 exit ramp!

Black Wire Media later learned that a single summons was issued! Stephanie Hazelton, of Medford, was charged with violating Executive Order No. 104, which in part bans large gatherings. She was identified as the organizer of the Protest & Rally. No other protesters were charged and Hazleton was released after being given the summons.

Lots of 2A notables in the crowd. Follow-up story w/ photo dump coming soon! Thanks to everyone for making this happen!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fmf.src said:

Agreed if parks and golf courses are being open I see no logical, legal or scientific explanation why you will keep outdoor ranges closed. I'm tired of this Corona BS

Three word that are not in a progressive statists vocabulary.

• Agree 1

Smokin .50

I recently joined this forum and I'm always checking out to see if any protest is being organized, and I definitely missed that one. Thank you for participating. I'm not in Facebook or any other social platform, I'm guessing this is being coordinated on social platform? How can I be aware of such activity?

Brucin 

The way I see this, it comes a point where you have to evaluate the way we are conducting or life versus the risk. And all data points to this being very contagious, however mortality rate being low. God forbids death comes to a loved one, but at this point I'm willing to take that risk. If we all drive our cars at 5mph, we would probably have 0 death related to car accidents, but it's not viable for many reasons, same logic should apply to other risks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1