1 hour ago, drjjpdc said:

With today's opening of the state parks, golf, etc., did Murphy's order include the gun ranges? 

28 minutes ago, leo-польд said:

Anyone? Seating home is the worse...

5 minutes ago, drjjpdc said:

I mean gun ranges were included in the essential business for home security. why are ours still closed?

Ask Murphy. He probably needs a bit of stimulus to do this. When he first ordered the lock down my club closed the indoor range and required social distancing on the outdoor ranges then (probably after consultation) shut down the club.

If parks are open, does that include WMA ranges?

Based on what I'm seeing from ranges, no one is flat out opening up and they'd be the first to spread the news to the world we can come back. I know of one range who posted on their Facebook page they are going to ignore Murphy and open their range on an appointment basis as the feds said ranges are essential. Not sure if any others have followed suit.

From what I understand, the executive order never had the power to shut down private owned ranges... and unlike golf courses, never mentioned them by name. 

As a private outdoor facility that doesn't operate as a business they could probably open up now with little recourse... considering golf courses are now open.

Indoor ranges are mostly business, i know a few aren't, and that could be a problem.

Anjrpc should open up cherry ridge.. let the state try and go after them... 

The NJ FG&W website is full of contradictory info.  Fishing on state land/waters has been open since APRIL 1, not closed.  In fact, they opened up more hours to fresh water fish throughout the entire month of April.

All NJ state parks fall under NJDEP.  The DEP site has nothing about opening up WMAs but the FG&W site does not have any info that indicates WMAs are closed.  Just some guidelines on social distancing.

On par for NJ's way of doing business, arbitrary and vague.

7 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Anjrpc should open up cherry ridge.. let the state try and go after them... 

ANJRPC, tear down this wall!

This is posted on the Turkey Swamp website. Hopefully the archery range will be open.

All parks will reopen for posted hours this Saturday, May 2nd, with reduced parking and strict social distancing requirements. Restrooms and buildings remain closed, along with some facilities. Additional details to be posted by Friday, May 1st.  (posted 4/29/2020)

34 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Not sure exactly what this means.

What the hell is "passive" recreation?

Walking, hiking, etc.

Active would be something like playing football where you are constantly touching each other as a result of the activity.

Pretty sure shooting would technically fall under passive.

1 hour ago, drjjpdc said:

Just got a reply from Ft. Dix and said they are still closed. Their last line was it was not their decision.

I know our Governor doesn't make sense but what really is illogical, is approving hunting but not shooting ranges! 

It was posted in the other thread that the decision to close R14 fell to the Federal/base side of things, not the state.  Until the base commander (and prob their chain of command) authorizes it R14 will remain closed despite what the state does. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Until the base commander (and prob their chain of command) authorizes it R14 will remain closed despite what the state does. 

The decision will be from much higher up the chain.  My friend, a retired USAF Lt Colonel can't even get on base to go to the PX or barber.  They are keeping it locked down for a few reasons, but controlling spread of chinese bat virus and preventing retirees and others with BX privileges from emptying the shelves like locusts are the two main ones.

• Like 1

VA Judge Overrules Northam’s Order to Close Indoor Gun Range

VA Judge Overrules Northam’s Order to Close Indoor Gun Range

May 05, 2020

By: José Niño

A circuit court judge in Virginia has overturned a section of Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s executive order that closed indoor gun ranges. Lynchburg Circuit Judge F. Patrick Yeatts ruled last week that Second Amendment safeguards could not be usurped by Northam’s emergency order.

Yeatts’ injunction no longer subjects the gun range, called SafeSide, from Northam’s shutdown order and allows them to open immediately.

Yeatts declared in his decision:
“Even though the emergency powers provision contemplates the spreading of a communicable disease like COVID-19, § 44-146.15(3) carves out a protection or the right to keep and bear arms in order to ensure the force of this right during an emergency.”

The law that Yeatts referred to bars any public entity in Virginia from curtailing or prohibiting law-abiding citizens’ rights to keep and bear arms in any shape or form, “including the otherwise lawful possession, carrying, transportation, sale, or transfer of firearms” with the exception of facilities government entities use as emergency shelters.

“The Court does not see how disregarding the statute would benefit the public interest and the rule of law,” Yeatts outlined, adding that Northam violated his constitutional authority.

“The Governor appears to argue that, when he declares a state of emergency, he can ignore any law that limits his power, even laws designed to limit his powers in a state of emergency,” Yeatts stated.

The SafeSide Lynchburg gun range pushed the lawsuit forward. They were joined by Gun Owners of America (GOA), Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL), and the Association of Virginia Gun Ranges.

“Gov. Northam has little regard for the rights of gun owners, and his closure of indoor gun ranges is no different. GOA will keep opposing Northam and stand up for the rights of Virginians in the commonwealth,” Erich Pratt, Senior Vice President for GOA, said in a statement.

Other indoor gun ranges in the Old Dominion are still closed. VCDL is entertaining legal options to rectify this situation and make sure all indoor gun ranges are exempt from this order.

“Our goal is to get all indoor ranges the option of reopening as soon as possible,” VCDL stated.

On March 23, Northam issued the order that lumped indoor shooting ranges with “recreation and entertainment businesses [that] are considered non-essential and must close to the public.”

Attorney General Mark Herring came to Northam’s defense, saying, “Governor Northam’s efforts to save lives and slow the spread of COVID-19 are necessary and proving to be effective, but unfortunately, the gun lobby believes the ability to shoot a gun indoors during this pandemic is worth risking further spread of the virus and making Virginia communities and families less safe,” according to an Associated Press report.

Litigation is one of many ways gun owners can push back against Second Amendment violations. But Second Amendment movements can’t always rely on the courts.

If Virginia gun owners want to avoid hairy situations like the ones they’ve recently faced, they must have a comprehensive electoral and legislative plan to gain back power and roll back Second Amendment infringements.

José Niño is a Venezuelan American freelance writer based in Austin, Texas. Sign up for his mailing list here. Contact him via Facebook, Twitter, or email him at [email protected]. Get his e-book, The 10 Myths of Gun Control, here.

https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/va-judge-overrules-northams-order-to-close-indoor-gun-range/

Murphy.jpg

On 4/30/2020 at 5:15 PM, Scorpio64 said:

The decision will be from much higher up the chain.  My friend, a retired USAF Lt Colonel can't even get on base to go to the PX or barber.  They are keeping it locked down for a few reasons, but controlling spread of chinese bat virus and preventing retirees and others with BX privileges from emptying the shelves like locusts are the two main ones.

Retirees can only accessed the base on Saturdays unless you are also employed as a DOD civilian or contractor.  All of the barbershops, beauty  and nail salons are closed.  Nearly all MWR activities are closed except billeting.  The PX is open.

On 4/30/2020 at 4:58 PM, voyager9 said:

It was posted in the other thread that the decision to close R14 fell to the Federal/base side of things, not the state.  Until the base commander (and prob their chain of command) authorizes it R14 will remain closed despite what the state does. 

Which is absurd given the existing distance between benches.  It's gotta be 10 feet or more, at least on the 200 yard section.  The closest you would get to another person is paying the cashier for your timeslot, which is no different than any retail store currently operating.

On another note, I went fishing over at island beach park they day they apparently opened, although I had no idea they were ever closed because their website made no mention of it.  The park was bustling all over.  Nobody kept their distance, nobody wore masks.  But of course all the bathrooms were locked down, so the water was a bit warmer than expected, if you know what I mean.

On 5/7/2020 at 8:59 PM, Downtownv said:

NAZIS.jpg

Patriots.jpg

Submission Masks.jpg

You know what people who refuse to wear masks, wash their hands, and get other people sick possibly killing them all for personal gain are called?

Assholes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1
  • FacePalm 1
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, Greenday said:

You know what people who refuse to wear masks, wash their hands, and get other people sick possibly killing them all for personal gain are called?

Assholes.

BAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

HAVE YOU EVER HAD SAUSAGE IN THE CAN?

Seems like you would enjoy it.....

Sausage in the can.jpg

1 hour ago, Greenday said:

Assholes.

Do you work hard at being a Schmuck or does it just come natural?

I wash my hands.  I don't wear a FACE CONDOM in my vehicle.  

That's "Mr. Asshole" you scumbag!

:) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Greenday said:

Assholes.

You know who the assholes are? The people wearing masks and gloves in their cars, with the windows rolled up.  These are the assholes wasting valuable PPE that could be used by those who really need it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

54 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

You know who the assholes are? The people wearing masks and gloves in their cars, with the windows rolled up.  These are the assholes wasting valuable PPE that could be used by those who really need it.

That shit cracks me up.

• FacePalm 1

Northam Relents: Indoor Ranges To Reopen May 15th

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam has issued a new executive order allowing some businesses declared to be “non-essential” to resume operations this coming Friday, including indoor ranges around the state that have been closed for the past two months.

According to the governor’s Executive Order 61, indoor ranges, which the governor had declared to be “places of amusement,” can reopen on May 15th, as long as they follow certain social distancing guidelines.

1. Occupancy must be limited to 50% of the lowest occupancy load on the certificate of occupancy with at least six feet of physical distancing between individuals at all times. Use every other lane to achieve six feet of physical distancing.
  2. Employees working in customer-facing areas are required to wear face coverings over their nose and mouth at all times.
  3. Perform thorough cleaning and disinfection of frequently contacted surfaces every 60 minutes in operation, while disinfecting all equipment between each customer use and prohibiting the use of equipment that cannot be thoroughly disinfected.
  4. Either thoroughly clean shared or borrowed equipment in between uses, or only allow the use of personal equipment at the range.
  5. It is recommended that facilities strongly encourage patrons, members, and guests to wear face coverings over their nose and mouth while in the facility.
  6. If any such indoor shooting range cannot adhere to these requirements, it must close.

Northam’s previous executive order that closed indoor gun ranges in the state was successfully challenged in court by a Lynchburg gun range, but the judge’s decision only impacted Safeside Lynchburg, leaving other indoor ranges across the state dark. So far, the governor hasn’t appealed that decision, even though the judge said that Northam’s executive order overstepped his constitutional bounds and violated the Second Amendment rights of Virginia residents, as well as violating their rights under the Virginia state constitution as well.

Instead of continuing a court fight that Northam was likely to lose, the governor has chosen the option of least resistance by reopening ranges around the state. In fact, all other “places of indoor public amusement,” including bowling alleys, escape rooms, amusement parks, and public and private social clubs will remain closed under Northam’s new executive order. Why did the governor suddenly decide that indoor ranges are different than the other places of amusement? He hasn’t said, but it seems clear that the decision in the Safeside Lynchburg case had an impact on the governor’s thinking.

If Northam had stuck to his guns, indoor ranges wouldn’t be preparing to reopen later this week. Instead, he would have ordered them to remain closed just like museums, zoos, aquariums, and trampoline parks. I think Northam realized that his unconstitutional actions regarding gun ranges would face another court challenge, and this time around a loss might result in a judicial smackdown that would be impossible for him to ignore or downplay.

I have no doubt that Northam’s change of heart is based entirely on politics and not some newfound appreciation for the Second Amendment rights of Virginians. While I’m glad to see his new executive order reopening ranges, the governor’s anti-gun agenda still poses a threat to the Second Amendment rights of every resident in the state.

https://bearingarms.com/came/2020/05/11/northam-relents-indoor-ranges-to-reopen-may-15th/?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=bc1d86e1053dd21c60a121534def959c