On 5/10/2020 at 1:08 PM, Greenday said:

You know what people who refuse to wear masks, wash their hands, and get other people sick possibly killing them all for personal gain are called?

Assholes.

I don't see anyone making statements refusing to wear masks.

That being said, the usefulness of a mask has been broadly questioned, most people will continuously try to accommodate their mask while wearing it. And might do more harm than good.

I've been going to whatever is left open, and I use my mask as required. 

We, as rational individuals, question the logic behind the multiple policies based on the data at hand. That is not making anyone to be an a-hole, critical thinking and the ability to question and ponder ideas is what makes USA what it is, in addition to the liberty and freedom.

I might call an a-hole to an individual unable to engage in civil discourse and resorts to cheap insults when facts are not on their side.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, fmf.src said:

I don't see anyone making statements refusing to wear masks.

That being said, the usefulness of a mask has been broadly questioned, most people will continuously try to accommodate their mask while wearing it. And might do more harm than good.

I've been going to whatever is left open, and I use my mask as required. 

We, as rational individuals, question the logic behind the multiple policies based on the data at hand. That is not making anyone to be an a-hole, critical thinking and the ability to question and ponder ideas is what makes USA what it is, in addition to the liberty and freedom.

I might call an a-hole to an individual unable to engage in civil discourse and resorts to cheap insults when facts are not on their side.

1) There are certain members here who are mouth frothingly screamy about the fascism of wearing masks. Just browse more. 

2) If dipshits can't wear a mask properly, the problem isn't with the mask.

3) not sure where you are going with the rest of it, but in the end people seem to have a hard time processing the notion that the options aren't "safe" and "unsafe" we will be forced to pick between bad and worse on a lot of vectors with this one. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

55 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

1) There are certain members here who are mouth frothingly screamy about the fascism of wearing masks. Just browse more. 

2) If dipshits can't wear a mask properly, the problem isn't with the mask.

3) not sure where you are going with the rest of it, but in the end people seem to have a hard time processing the notion that the options aren't "safe" and "unsafe" we will be forced to pick between bad and worse on a lot of vectors with this one. 

My point is we can discuss ideas without calling other people a-hole, listed above, that's your opinion and it's fine.

I've been driving to work since this all started, being careful and respectful of other people.

Still if I had to choose between the lockdown vs the risk of the virus I chose the later.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

This is an all-purpose post covering several subjects.

NJ 2nd Amendment leadership are the biggest bunch of loser frauds. You've heard of fake news. It's only appropriate that in the land of a fake 2nd Amendment we have fake organizations leading us nowhere, to a fake promised land that moves farther and farther away the closer we seem (more fake) to get to it. Y'all wait with baited breath for news from the usual suspects on the Supreme Court farting northward or southward, whether they will ceremoniously raise this stack of papers or that one, whether they deign to hear the plea to the amendment to the cloture to the writ (we're all lawyers now) blah blah blah meaningless legal drivel. Like Catholics waiting for the white smoke. "It's good news too, they didn't say no (they never do) so please keep sending in your checks, suckers. We're real close now."

Range closures may not be the most egregious, but they are among the stupidest of all the shutdown measures. On weekdays I'm 40 feet from the next guy at CR but wait! We might catch the Kung Flu so let's just keep it closed and not make too much noise about that. Where is ANJRPC on this? The big guy who makes $700 an hour who has his secretary cut and past the material into all those big fat books, which if the laws change he won't sell any longer? Where's my paesano in Woodland Park who offered to have me on his show but never answered my emails? How about the guy with the goatee, who files briefs and issues proclamations? And our national organization! Did you see the neat pen knife and "please stop me, trooper" car ornaments for re-upping? I put mine between the Grateful Dead and "Legalize Pot" decals.

Time to throw the whole bunch out with the rest of the spoiled salmon.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Newtonian said:

It's only appropriate that in the land of a fake 2nd Amendment we have fake organizations leading us nowhere, to a fake promised land that moves farther and farther away the closer we seem (more fake) to get to it. 

Newtonian,   Great statement. Welcome back. I love your wit. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Downtownv said:

The only guy that got any balls is Alex from NJ2AS.

Until we have 1 united coalition were are bottles and cans on a fence post for easy plinking.

Hahahaha, REALLY?

Last time I went to scratch mine they were THERE!

Also, and most importantly:

FWIW your Utopia of a single entity can't LEGALLY EXIST, as IRS Rules for a tax-exempt Non Profit 501(c)3 would be violated and that would subject one or more of the groups to tax penalties and possible fines & suspension of tax-exempt status.  For not every group is a (c)3, and although (c)3's can write position papers, Op-Ed's & editorials, we're not allowed by FEDERAL LAW to tell you WHO to vote for or to CAMPAIGN for any candidates.  We're also not allowed to simply write a check & be folded into an entity that's NOT a (c)3!  We also have actual BYLAWS that have to be followed by state law.  So instead, we actually TEACH people to SHOOT and EDUCATE them towards a path of enlightenment by discussing the laws that hinder their use of firearms in a legal manner, leaving each to draw their own natural conclusions.  We're right next to the LINE IN THE SAND for a (c)3 and deserve full credit for the thousands upon thousands of volunteer hours our diverse Executive Committee, Trustees, Committee Chairs & membership has thus far invested.  Some of these folks are current & former Mods HERE ON THIS FORUM as volunteers, and deserve additional praise for doing so.  Please consider THAT prior to making blanket statements about all 2A groups.  I responded to your post so as to educate ALL here and am NOT singling YOU out. 

To view our editorial staff writings, some of which has reached around the world and been seen by the First Family, go to:  https://www.cnjfo.com/news 

And thanks for posting the 2A updates & info that YOU do.  Cause I can't do it all & you and I seem to be the 2 major players doing so!

Rosey  

We posted THIS on our Facebook page less than 1/2 hour after ANJRPC released it!  We're both newsBREAKERS & newsMAKERS:

BREAKING!
ANJRPC FILES FEDERAL SUIT TO OPEN OUTDOOR RANGES!
2ND AMENDMENT INCLUDES MAINTAINING PROFICIENCY!
by Black Wire Media Tues. May 12, 2020 www.cnjfo.com/join-us

FINALLY! The wheels turned and the squeak from NRA members statewide demanded a response. ANJRPC is once again suing the Murphy administration for blatant discrimination as leaving outdoor recreation areas open but keeping shooting ranges closed is a clear violation of both the letter & the intent of the 2nd Amendment. "Well Regulated Militia" means not only having the arms through ownership, but also PRACTICING TO SUCCESSFUL PROFICIENCY! Any Jurist that's an originalist would rule this way. A SLAM-DUNK! Full text in link & also on www.anjrpc.org website!

ANJRPC SUES NJ TO REOPEN OUTDOOR RANGES!

ANJRPC Prepared to Go to U.S. Supreme Court

Murphy Admits 2A Shutdown is not about Coronavirus

May 12, 2020. Today, ANJRPC filed a federal lawsuit to force the State of New Jersey to reopen outdoor ranges, which have been shut down since a March 21 executive order by Governor Murphy.

Now that Murphy has allowed the reopening of parks, golf courses, and tennis courts – outdoor facilities that are purely recreational and do not facilitate any Constitutionally protected activity – he can no longer pretend to have any legal argument for blocking the Second Amendment right of citizens to build and maintain firearms proficiency at outdoor ranges.

A copy of the complaint in the lawsuit can be viewed by clicking here: https://cdn.ymaws.com/…/legal_motio…/filed_complaint__dr.pdf

Gov. Murphy’s March 21 executive order shut down all ranges and gun stores, supposedly due to concerns over the Coronavirus pandemic. ANJRPC thereafter immediately sued to reopen gun stores and Murphy backed down on that issue before a court could force his hand. But ranges remained shuttered, and ANJRPC exercised extreme self-restraint and waited for the right moment to bring a range case – and that moment has now arrived as Murphy has reopened non-essential outdoor activities that are not constitutionally protected.

ANJRPC also plans to sue regarding indoor ranges, but only after a similar period of disciplined waiting for the right conditions where legal odds are enhanced. Bringing an indoor range claim at the wrong time could have disastrous consequences under the current pandemic conditions.

ANJRPC is prepared to take this new case all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court if necessary. The Second Amendment was designed precisely for the kind of emergency America now faces, to ensure that law-abiding citizens would be able not only to own firearms, but to train with them to develop and maintain proficiency to provide for their own safety if necessary. The idea that a single public official can simply turn gun rights off is absurd on its face.

What’s more, Governor Murphy’s overt hatred for the Second Amendment is laid bare in his executive order, which ironically declares that non-vital retailers like liquor stores, marijuana dispensaries, and cell phone stores are “essential” and therefore can stay open, while ranges are not “essential” and must close.

Governor Murphy has even admitted that his assault on the Second Amendment was motivated by his hatred of guns, not by safety concerns about Coronavirus. When recently asked by a reporter why he didn’t deem Second Amendment facilities to be “essential,” he stated “a safer society for my taste has fewer guns and not more guns.” He said nothing about Coronavirus, which is apparently just his pretext for shutting down the Second Amendment.

Please watch for further updates on this developing new case. If desired, you can donate to the case here: https://www.anjrpc.org/donations/donate.asp?id=4356

Click the link below for the online version of this alert:
https://www.anjrpc.org/page/ANJRPCSuestoReopenOutdoorRanges

• Agree 2

a safer society for my taste has fewer guns and not more guns

a safer society for my taste has less freedom of speech guns and not more freedom of speech

a safer society for my taste has less religion and not more religion

a safer society for my taste has more warrantless searches and not less warrantless searches

• Disagree 1

57 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

A copy of the complaint in the lawsuit can be viewed by clicking here: https://cdn.ymaws.com/…/legal_motio…/filed_complaint__dr.pdf

I skimmed the pdf quoted above.

I found it to be good reading and they pointed out the many points that have been discussed. Including Murphy's comment of wanting fewer guns in society.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kc17 said:

I skimmed the pdf quoted above.

I found it to be good reading and they pointed out the many points that have been discussed. Including Murphy's comment of wanting fewer guns in society.

That quote should be used in every political ad!

1 hour ago, Smokin .50 said:

Hahahaha, REALLY?

Last time I went to scratch mine they were THERE!

Also, and most importantly:

FWIW your Utopia of a single entity can't LEGALLY EXIST, as IRS Rules for a tax-exempt Non Profit 501(c)3 would be violated and that would subject one or more of the groups to tax penalties and possible fines & suspension of tax-exempt status.  For not every group is a (c)3, and although (c)3's can write position papers,

And thanks for posting the 2A updates & info that YOU do.  Cause I can't do it all & you and I seem to be the 2 major players doing so!

Rosey  

I was thinking like the VCDL (Virginia Civil Defense League) One very loud voice!

Wait, you're a girl?????

Rosie's organization (and Gottlieb's) are the only ones operating in NJ that I'd be comfortable donating to. NRA is a big money pit that hasn't ever done a blessed thing for us. NRA will fight so parents at girl scout outings in Missouri can carry nuclear warheads during the apple dunking contest on Holy Thursday, but in NJ you can still get screwed for stopping on your way home from the range. You know the expression, "low-hanging fuit?" That's all NRA is good for really. You hardly need the NRA in states with Constitutional Carry. Roubian, IMO, made a colossal blunder with the Sweeney recall. ANJRPC reminds me of the old guys in my radio club who still say "gosh" and "darn it" when they drive a nail through their finger instead of through the 2x4. Toothless.

Not sure I understand Rosie's thing about legality. Rosie, are you saying that if ANJRPC didn't exist, Murphy would force gun owners to establish it?

1 hour ago, Newtonian said:

Rosie's organization (and Gottlieb's) are the only ones operating in NJ that I'd be comfortable donating to. NRA is a big money pit that hasn't ever done a blessed thing for us. NRA will fight so parents at girl scout outings in Missouri can carry nuclear warheads during the apple dunking contest on Holy Thursday, but in NJ you can still get screwed for stopping on your way home from the range. You know the expression, "low-hanging fuit?" That's all NRA is good for really. You hardly need the NRA in states with Constitutional Carry. Roubian, IMO, made a colossal blunder with the Sweeney recall. ANJRPC reminds me of the old guys in my radio club who still say "gosh" and "darn it" when they drive a nail through their finger instead of through the 2x4. Toothless.

Not sure I understand Rosie's thing about legality. Rosie, are you saying that if ANJRPC didn't exist, Murphy would force gun owners to establish it?

Unfortunately people fail to see the larger picture... The NRA could spend billions in NJ, with liberal leaning courts its just a waste.. we will see how the flipping of the courts may change that outlook. 

I've also read every ANJRPC brief they have put together in the last 10 years, and they are far from toothless... yet they never seem to go anywhere with the current courts. When the state tells ya to GFY not much more you can do when you have exhausted all legal options. 

16 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Unfortunately people fail to see the larger picture... The NRA could spend billions in NJ, with liberal leaning courts its just a waste.. we will see how the flipping of the courts may change that outlook. 

It's that they're not active, they just spin their wheels. I posted a plan several years ago for flipping what I termed "vulnerable" legislative districts, some of which were won by democrats by fewer than 200 votes. I demonstrated using simple arithmetic how get-out-the-vote might overcome vote differences of even several thousand, depending. Nobody was interested, including the state and local Republican Party reps, my own reps (yes even Oroho, who sends me an email every few days to boast about his aura and wonderfulness), EVEN THE CAMPAIGNS of people I was interested in supporting. As NJ became a sanctuary for illegals those opportunity windows have now closed. I discussed this plan -- not in the manner I would have liked -- with Roubian but he went ahead with the now-famous Sweeney Lawn Drenching. I may be confusing the chronology but not the basic facts. Sweeney's alleged "vulnerability" was fabricated because he'd won pretty much every election quite handily. Also, not the kind of sleeping beast you'd want to waken from a long winter's nap. It's pretty much safe to say that NJ will NEVER get CC, despite what the crooks keep telling you (if you only send them MORE money) as long as Sweeney is anywhere near Trenton. Mr. Sweeney has had the last laugh, and is still howling.

Concealed carry, the gold standard of gun rights, will never come to NJ except by accident, the way it came to DC and Illinois. If we ever get it, which I doubt, it will be despite our gun rights groups not because of them. They're doing way too well to upset the apple cart at this juncture.

P.S. I offered my services to the NJ NRA and all they could find for me to do was make calls during Guadagno's failed candidacy. I spent many hours on the phone for Scott Garrett in 2016 and I can tell you it's the pits, a total waste of time.

Edited by Newtonian
forgot something

1 minute ago, Newtonian said:

It's that they're not active, they just spin their wheels. I posted a plan several years ago for flipping what I termed "vulnerable" legislative districts, some of which were won by democrats by fewer than 200 votes. I demonstrated using simple arithmetic how get-out-the-vote might overcome vote differences of even several thousand, depending. Nobody was interested, including the state and local Republican Party reps, my own reps (yes even Oroho, who sends me an email every few days to boast about his aura and wonderfulness), EVEN THE CAMPAIGNS of people I was interested in supporting. As NJ became a sanctuary for illegals those opportunity windows have now closed. I discussed this plan -- not in the manner I would have liked -- with Roubian but he went ahead with the now-famous Sweeney Lawn Drenching. I may be confusing the chronology but not the basic facts. Sweeney's alleged "vulnerability" was fabricated because he'd won pretty much every election quite handily. Also, not the kind of sleeping beast you'd want to waken from a long winter's nap. It's pretty much safe to say that NJ will NEVER get CC, despite what the crooks keep telling you (if you only send them MORE money) as long as Sweeney is anywhere near Trenton. Mr. Sweeney has had the last laugh, and is still howling.

Concealed carry, the gold standard of gun rights, will never come to NJ except by accident, the way it came to DC and Illinois. If we ever get it, which I doubt, it will be despite our gun rights groups not because of them. They're doing way too well to upset the apple cart at this juncture.

NJ politics is a tough beast to crack if youre pushing RED. The 11th district got hammered by outside influencers. Not to mention even the strongest Union in NJ (NJEA) couldn't unseat Sweeney when they endorsed his Republican opponent. NJ is a crap shoot, unfortunately there are just too few people who actually care. Liberalism is spreading in NJ, even up here. 

Yes it's changing, like a lot of other places. NH was solid republican until people started moving there from Mass. My county is pretty much gone too. We have the corporate, say-what-you-re-supposed-to-say branch of the Republican party up here. All fossils, reptiles who need to retire or better yet try one of those COVID cures the media seems to obsess over. 

4 hours ago, Newtonian said:

No, that's not what I meant.  Damn the typewritten word!  No inflection & Itralian Hand Signals, lol!

What I'm saying is, by federal law, the concept of rolling a (c)3 Corp. into anything other than another (c)3 Corp. is inherently ILLEGAL.  A Dissolution Amendment is required in our Bylaws in order to first OBTAIN tax-exempt status.  Said Amendment states that all funds, upon liquidation, be gifted to a similar entity with a (c)3 status.  So, for instance, we can't legally dissolve or "roll-into" a (c)4 or a (c)7 non-profit.  We also can't write the Trustees checks!  Same for committee heads & general membership.  It's a form of fraud protection.  It also lets us receive tax-deductible gifts & contributions that can be written-off as donations by the donors.  That is something you CAN'T DO when gifting money to a political campaign, for instance.  Yes, it's legal mumbo-jumbo, but I have to follow the law...

Rosey