9 hours ago, Downtownv said:

I was thinking like the VCDL (Virginia Civil Defense League) One very loud voice!

Wait, you're a girl?????

On the VCDL:  Wishful thinking & ain't gonna happen.  For the reasons I stated.  I went to Richmond & represented CNJFO!

NO, I'm a 60 year old (BOY) Shootist that got some weak hand only & submachinegun practice in with @Krdshrk last month!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FAxPYkypTk

7 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

On the VCDL:  Wishful thinking & ain't gonna happen.  For the reasons I stated.  I went to Richmond & represented CNJFO!

NO, I'm a 60 year old (BOY) Shootist that got some weak hand only & submachinegun practice in with @Krdshrk last month!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FAxPYkypTk&fbclid=IwAR2XDdR7EQXUVJt0MuIVDdGxsGpBVbB0HG10-aJqnYreVt_h5FPI9wGRZM8

I guess the "Rosey" threw me off...

pmag-cover-off.gif

3 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

I guess the "Rosey" threw me off...

pmag-cover-off.gif

LOL, OK.....

But that also means we've never met or shot together.  Which also means you've never attended an event I've run or been a volunteer instructor at.  Or stopped-by our table at every NJSAFECON, Outdoor Show or Diversity Shoot that ever happened.  Which means you've not checked into our Black Wire Media Blog---CNJFO's official electronic newspaper Morgue---that's chock full of our articles, pictures taken at events, Op-Ed's, Youth Training, Mutual Aid w/ Women Shooting Groups, Women On Target full-day hands-on LIVE FIRE days, etc., etc., etc.

Here's the hot link to the Morgue so you can read what we're about & who we ARE w/o going on Facebook:

https://www.cnjfo.com/News 

Here's a little 12 ga. strong hand ONLY clay bird dusting at Clinton, NJ WMA a couple years ago:

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Hope to meet some day!

Rosey

• Like 1

@Downtownv you jus got called out. Don’t be like Newtonian. Be better. He’ll lose his shit again because he’s some freelance writer. Or he’ll email @gunforhire and trash rubion again. But he has “ a plan” if “we” would only understand how awesome “ he is”

hard pass

14 hours ago, Zeke said:

@Downtownv you jus got called out. Don’t be like Newtonian. Be better. He’ll lose his shit again because he’s some freelance writer. Or he’ll email @gunforhire and trash rubion again. But he has “ a plan” if “we” would only understand how awesome “ he is”

hard pass

If you had enough self-awareness to realize how badly your posts reflect on you I'm sure you'd stop. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Here's a little 12 ga. strong hand ONLY clay bird dusting at Clinton, NJ WMA a couple years ago:

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Hope to meet some day!

Rosey

hey @Smokin .50 isnt it easier to bust clays when the action is closed???   :D :icon_lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Newtonian said:

If you had enough self-awareness to realize how badly your posts reflect on you I'm sure you'd stop. 

If you were aware that Zeke's self awareness is at a level of awareness that other self aware people are aware of, you would be aware that we are aware that your awareness is not terribly aware.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

If you were aware that Zeke's self awareness is at a level of awareness that other self aware people are aware of, you would be aware that we are aware that your awareness is not terribly aware.

I'm aware of that.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 11:59 AM, Downtownv said:

I was thinking like the VCDL (Virginia Civil Defense League) One very loud voice!

Wait, you're a girl?????

Here in VA the VCDL (I am a member) informed people and groups organically in each county. They get the word out and people locally get together using Facebook and standing in front or stores and at festivals.  The gun culture in VA is very strong.  I wrote about this before that we had a county meeting to vote on our county becoming a 2A sanctuary county.  The meeting location was moved to the county high school and thousands showed.  A very large percentage of the population here cares and gets involved.  In NJ people want others to organize for them and most of the time will not show up for things like protests and political meetings. I see too many posts about worrying about getting in trouble, having to work, etc.  It appears that the 2A is simply just not a high enough of a priority for most people in NJ.

Civil disobedience is not just for the left.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

Here in VA the VCDL (I am a member) informed people and groups organically in each county. They get the word out and people locally get together using Facebook and standing in front or stores and at festivals.  The gun culture in VA is very strong.  I wrote about this before that we had a county meeting to vote on our county becoming a 2A sanctuary county.  The meeting location was moved to the county high school and thousands showed.  A very large percentage of the population here cares and gets involved.  In NJ people want others to organize for them and most of the time will not show up for things like protests and political meetings. I see too many posts about worrying about getting in trouble, having to work, etc.  It appears that the 2A is simply just not a high enough of a priority for most people in NJ.

JC I was Virginia Educated a long time ago, and I know the position on 2A was always a thing in the Old Dominion.

My first 4 guns were purchased there, with nothing more than my VA drivers License. You are on point with how the VCDL was created and that the NJ owners want an organization to to every thing for them. Success comes from the people not an organization. I pushed my mayor and my county to Sanctuary my county. I did it as a citizen and can't credit any group for any help. I call it the rebel within. Conflict develops character

F Northam!

confederate.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

What groups in NJ are the most active in petitioning for 2A rights? I know there are a few, and have seen a few threads with banter that left me with the feeling it's a bit lack luster in this state and maybe even uncooperative.

54 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

Here in NJ most gun owners are closeted candy-asses, afraid of their own shadow, afraid to put a NRA or other "gun sticker" on their vehicles for FEAR that someone may figure-out they're a gun owner!  The candy-asses never show-up in a public forum to protest because the news media may be there and record their license plates and image for facial recognition.  These same candy-asses are great at being Keyboard Commandos, and will always jump on new members of this forum (especially complete Noob gun owners) to admonish them to never put a sticker on their vehicles, lest they will get pulled-over for no reason and raped on the side of the road & left to DIE!  

It won't surprise me to learn that some here have such a bad case of Stockholm Syndrome that they'd join Murphy's Brown Shirts and dime-out families for picnicking in their own backyards w/o wearing FACE CONDOMS!

Fighting for the 2nd Amendment means more than just joining as many 2A groups as you can.  It means showing-up to help CHANGE THE NARRATIVE!  And that requires coming OUT OF THE CLOSET!

Rosey, VP

Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners (CNJFO)

https://www.cnjfo.com/news

Here I am chatting with CNJFO member Cliff Toye (on right, holding sign w/ 2A).  I'm wearing my "Thru in 22" Safety Vest, standing in front of the State House Annex on April 28th with a few hundred of my closest friends...

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor

Here's what the back of the vest looks like.  From March 26th, 2019 Rally:

No photo description available.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, USMC1341 said:

What groups in NJ are the most active in petitioning for 2A rights? I know there are a few, and have seen a few threads with banter that left me with the feeling it's a bit lack luster in this state and maybe even uncooperative.

@USMC1341 Hi & welcome!

There are 3 major groups active in NJ:

1.  ANJRPC, our NJ state NRA association.  They do lawsuits really well, and have a case before the US Supreme Court pending CERT (the Rogers carry case).  They run the largest range in NJ in Highland Lakes (Sussex Co.).  They publish a 8 1/2" x 11" newsletter 6x a year entitled "News & Briefs".  They just released a PR video early this year. 

You can join for $40/yr here:  https://www.anjrpc.org .

2.  NJ2AS.  Known in 2A circles as the IN YOUR FACE organization, which specializes in a "I caught you with your pants down" confrontational style that government doesn't like.  It's current President, Alex Roubian, put Murphy on-the-spot (over suspension of 2A rights) at his Covid Press Conferences, thus earning Alex the distinction of being the only Blogger a NJ Governor ever through-out of open public Press Conferences.  NJ2AS also has won lawsuits and currently has joined a new one started by Robert Kashinsky.  Their website is:  https://www.nj2as.org

3.  Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners (CNJFO).  Incorporated 5 years ago, we're the newest kid on the block.  Extremely active in all aspects of the 2nd Amendment scene, we have an extraordinary volunteer talent base of individuals, friends, members and sponsors that volunteer at all sorts of hands-on events.  We run fundraisers where we put 2A in the forefront at events like sporting clays, hog hunts, pheasant hunts,etc.  We sponsor youth shooting days, run picnics and other events where we train people to speak up for their 2A rights & be counted.  We take some of the profits from these various fundraisers and together with annual dues from our members, earmark them for lawsuits.  We have thus far donated in excess of $17K to the Cheeseman case and ANJRPC's Rogers case, both pending CERT at the US Supreme Court.  We've also written a Friend of the Court (Amicus) Brief on the Cheeseman carry case #19-27, both of which are still ON HOLD pending review (see photos of check presentations).  We've lectured on 2A rights at various groups on invitation (see video).

Our style of 2A volunteerism assists others like Tony Simon's The Second is for Everyone: Diversity Shoot as well as The Second Amendment Women Shooting Club, both held at Gun For Hire.  Our volunteer shooting instructors teach all walks of life the ins & outs of safe live-fire, and answer questions in a classroom setting about who we are, our mission, and how each of the attendees can help themselves AND the entire shooting community. 

Our Community Outreach Committee prides itself on being the most active in the state, and we have traveled to every NJSAFECON that has been held.  We have a table at every Outdoor Show that's taken place at Raritan Center's Expo Hall since our inception.  We've had guests attend these Expos, including the famous Shaneen Allen, there to answer questions from the public and to remind them to get involved in supporting the 2nd Amendment!

CNJFO runs a news service on Facebook, and links the stories to our website.  We cover local, regional and national 2A news!  The "Black Wire Blog" is hot linked here:

https://www.cnjfo.com/news 

Cheeseman Check Presentation held at NJ Constitutional Republicans meeting Jan. 2019:

Image may contain: 5 people, indoor

ANJRPC Check Presentation for Rogers case (held at same NRA Board Meeting where Rosenthal received Volunteer of the Year Award):

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling

Anthony Colandro & Rosey Rosenthal receive NRA national awards at same ceremony, Sept. 2018, Arlington, VA:

Image may contain: 2 people

A candid from last November's Youth Shoot at RTSP in Union, NJ.  This isn't everybody, some are missing.  We packed the Range!:

Image may contain: 27 people, people smiling, people standing

A Sussex Co. CNJFO member & member of our writing staff volunteering at Tony's Diversity Shoot:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and outdoor

I think you get the idea of what we're actually doing.  For more details, visit the Blog (link in comments above) or visit our website at:  https://www.cnjfo.com/join-us to JOIN!

Thanks for reading!

Rosey

• Like 2

Thanks for all that info Rosey! That was more info than I expected, and really appreciate you taking the time to post all of that to answer my question. Very informative, with a lot of resources to familiarize myself with.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, USMC1341 said:

Thanks for all that info Rosey! That was more info than I expected, and really appreciate you taking the time to post all of that to answer my question. Very informative, with a lot of resources to familiarize myself with.

You're welcome!  Here's the video I forgot to post.  It's a lecture to the NJ Constitutional Republicans on "Incrementalism" and how it affected gun ownership throughout my lifetime:

We also have made several friends in the Womens Shooting community.  Our Communications Director, Theresa Inacker, has been invited to attend several chapter meetings of The Well Armed Woman, NJ's largest all-female shooting group.  I had the pleasure of attending with her earlier this year prior to the Covid BS.  Here we are at the Garden State Shooting Center in Lakewood, NJ attending the TWAW Jersey Shore OC Chapter:

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing

No photo description available.

To learn more about The Well Armed Woman chapters in NJ, please visit:  https://twawshootingchapters.org/find-a-local-chapter/ and scroll to "New Jersey".  NJ currently has 5 Chapters.  1 at each RTSP Range, 1 at Reloaderz, 1 at Garden State Shooting Center and 1 at Tactical Training Center in Flemington.

That ought to give not only YOU, but lots of LURKERS something to "chew on"!

Take care & hope to see you at one of the ranges I'm fighting to open up!

~R

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smokin .50 said:

Take care & hope to see you at one of the ranges I'm fighting to open up!

Respectfully - what I don't understand is, why don't they just open up?  Then when someone physically shows up to shut them down, they actually have a case.  It looks like the food/beverage scene has been brave enough to do that.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, tomk62 said:

Respectfully - what I don't understand is, why don't they just open up?  Then when someone physically shows up to shut them down, they actually have a case.  It looks like the food/beverage scene has been brave enough to do that.

Guys like my friend Anthony Colandro summed it up best:

"I've got 70 employees that I'm responsible for.  I'm state inspected & can't operate without the state license.  If I violate the E.O. and get closed down, I risk not getting that license renewed.  Which then puts my FFL in jeopardy.  If they deny me renewal, I'll be in court well after everything opens back up.  Which means I screwed myself in the long run.  If that happens my staff will have to find other work (unemployment might run-out) while I battle it out in court for who knows how long.  In the end I'd probably win, but at what cost?  Every lawyer I pay money to has advised me to NOT open without "permission".

^^^I paraphrased @tomk62.  Believe me Tom, if wishing only made it so...

~R

3 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Guys like my friend Anthony Colandro summed it up best:

"I've got 70 employees that I'm responsible for.  I'm state inspected & can't operate without the state license.  If I violate the E.O. and get closed down, I risk not getting that license renewed.  Which then puts my FFL in jeopardy.  If they deny me renewal, I'll be in court well after everything opens back up.  Which means I screwed myself in the long run.  If that happens my staff will have to find other work (unemployment might run-out) while I battle it out in court for who knows how long.  In the end I'd probably win, but at what cost?  Every lawyer I pay money to has advised me to NOT open without "permission".

^^^I paraphrased @tomk62.  Believe me Tom, if wishing only made it so...

~R

Basically the same shit that Barber faced. He fought (and won) the closure order but then the state just pulled his “Barbers license” which screws him long term. 

• Agree 1

Yes, our proud and Shirtless 2nd Amendment Advocate, Exalted VP of the National Rifle Institute, podcast host,  Author, and all-round Great Guy, the man who stood on Sweeney's lawn, his bare hairy chest glistening in the sun while the acid rain melted away his skin (or who watched the video 30 times and laughed harder each time), has employees.

OK I'll cut him a break for a moment: Why hasn't CR opened?

I know I know, we're waiting for the writ of certiori, the amalgamated cloture, the phantasmagoric and most excellent exculpatory recusal to take effect. As soon as the mumbo jump ends we'll be fine.

In other words, they're waiting for someone ELSE to challenge unconstitutional and irrational proclamations. They're WAITING FOR PERMISSION. What is the word for someone who must ask permission before doing things he has every right to do?

S _ _ _ E.

1 minute ago, njJoniGuy said:

How about the "Governor's license" that we granted some Massachusetts financial douchebag who was Ambassador to Germany for giving Obama beaucoup dollars ... can we yank HIS license??

POST OF THE DAY!

3 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Basically the same shit that Barber faced. He fought (and won) the closure order but then the state just pulled his “Barbers license” which screws him long term. 

^^^^Pretty much sums it up!  Every state "license to operate" has now left the realm of consumer protection (say a Barber that scalps you by accident), morphed, and has now been converted into Nazi "Papers" needed to avoid the rail cars (JAIL)!  So the minor "Operations Tax" has morphed into a way to trace & PUNISH commercial enterprise!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

hey @Smokin .50 isnt it easier to bust clays when the action is closed???   :D :icon_lol:

Actually, believe it or not, the RECOIL of a 12 ga low-brass shot shell is enough to make the slicked-up action "self-extract" on my Winchester Model 1300 Featherweight pump shotty.  Look to my right for the black shotshell.  This image, taken by @Krdshrk 

Here's the photo caption from the CNJFO Facebook page of August 21, 2016:

DON'T DO THIS AT HOME KIDS!

Rosey needs a little mustard to go with the "Hot-Doggin'"! No clay left in the sky & a self-ejected low-brass 12 ga. 3-dram hull in mid-air means he DUSTED the clay employing "strong-hand-ONLY" shooting technique which he perfected at Old Bridge R&P Club years ago. He now averages 50% on these "Trick-Shots"!

Many great clay busters attended, some bringing 4-5 scatterguns for unarmed folks to try their hand at clays shooting. The group of NJGF members always "Police their own" by watching muzzle direction & obeying all safety rules. Several bring the new electric throwers, so multiple cases of birds get blown to bits. If you ever thought about learning how to break some clays, consider yourself invited & follow the group on New Jersey Gun Forums.

(Photo by Nick Wong)

— with David Rosenthal, Steve Orson and Nick Wong at Clinton Wildlife Management Area.

Image may contain: cloud, sky, tree, grass, outdoor and nature

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Actually, believe it or not, the RECOIL of a 12 ga low-brass shot shell is enough to make the slicked-up action "self-extract" on my Winchester Model 1300 Featherweight pump shotty.  Look to my right for the black shotshell.  This image, taken by @Krdshrk 

Here's the photo caption from the CNJFO Facebook page of August 21, 2016:

DON'T DO THIS AT HOME KIDS!

Rosey needs a little mustard to go with the "Hot-Doggin'"! No clay left in the sky & a self-ejected low-brass 12 ga. 3-dram hull in mid-air means he DUSTED the clay employing "strong-hand-ONLY" shooting technique which he perfected at Old Bridge R&P Club years ago. He now averages 50% on these "Trick-Shots"!

Many great clay busters attended, some bringing 4-5 scatterguns for unarmed folks to try their hand at clays shooting. The group of NJGF members always "Police their own" by watching muzzle direction & obeying all safety rules. Several bring the new electric throwers, so multiple cases of birds get blown to bits. If you ever thought about learning how to break some clays, consider yourself invited & follow the group on New Jersey Gun Forums.

(Photo by Nick Wong)

— with David Rosenthal, Steve Orson and Nick Wong at Clinton Wildlife Management Area.

Like a great pair of broken in jeans! Guess you got that scattergun broken in to perfection! sweeeeeet!  :hunter:

• Agree 1