6 hours ago, Newtonian said:

"I've got 70 employees that I'm responsible for.  I'm state inspected & can't operate without the state license.  If I violate the E.O. and get closed down, I risk not getting that license renewed.  Which then puts my FFL in jeopardy.  If they deny me renewal, I'll be in court well after everything opens back up.  Which means I screwed myself in the long run.  If that happens my staff will have to find other work (unemployment might run-out) while I battle it out in court for who knows how long.  In the end I'd probably win, but at what cost?  Every lawyer I pay money to has advised me to NOT open without "permission".

Yes, our proud and Shirtless 2nd Amendment Advocate, Exalted VP of the National Rifle Institute, podcast host,  Author, and all-round Great Guy, the man who stood on Sweeney's lawn, his bare hairy chest glistening in the sun while the acid rain melted away his skin (or who watched the video 30 times and laughed harder each time), has employees.

OK I'll cut him a break for a moment: Why hasn't CR opened?

I know I know, we're waiting for the writ of certiori, the amalgamated cloture, the phantasmagoric and most excellent exculpatory recusal to take effect. As soon as the mumbo jump ends we'll be fine.

In other words, they're waiting for someone ELSE to challenge unconstitutional and irrational proclamations. They're WAITING FOR PERMISSION. What is the word for someone who must ask permission before doing things he has every right to do?

S _ _ _ E.

ANJRPC, Cherry Ridge... Considering they filed for the suit and injunction it would probably be a bad idea to open up. A favorable ruling can help long term here

2 hours ago, leo-польд said:

I mean time I went PA and shot there because PA ranges are open, f.ck this stupid state with yet closed ranges. Oh ye, they asked me to wear mask there, what a big deal...

The pa ranges are open??? The more you know!

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

ANJRPC, Cherry Ridge... Considering they filed for the suit and injunction it would probably be a bad idea to open up. A favorable ruling can help long term here

I understand. Everybody has a comfort level. We all do things to stay out of trouble. That's about the best you can say about 'em. "They Stayed Out Of Trouble" and waited for a sign from heaven.

35 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

The pa ranges are open??? The more you know!

I assume one can shoot at the PA wildlife venues (with a Pennsy hunting license)? The NJ state ranges were closed as of about 10 days ago.

Is it legal to target shoot on state land if you have a small game/rifle license? When I hunted birds, before I was really into guns, I used to stalk my prey 5 minutes from my house, at Wittingham, but we shot clays at Flatbrook. The Flatbrook .22 range was closed last week but Wittingham is open.

This is really getting ridiculous. State parks, golf courses, gun stores but shooting ranges where you can practice are closed? Now beaches opening. How does he expect to show any fairness or objectivity in the upcoming court cases? I wish Alito could do something, I know he's on our side.

• Agree 1

It’s getting worse. Murphy reopened fishing charters and H2O sports effective 6am tomorrow. Absolutely amazing that gun ranges are still closed. Figure they’ll be opened a week or two following the reopening of hair and nail salons and amusement rides

• Like 1

He's not going to lift the restrictions until he is forced to. Just like the shops, NJ NICS and fingerprinting.

Hopefully by the end of the month. I saw the Court is giving NJ until the 27th to respond to the lawsuit, then our side has to respond to that within two days. 

I may be off one day either side on the 27th. 

On 5/13/2020 at 10:51 AM, Smokin .50 said:

We posted THIS on our Facebook page less than 1/2 hour after ANJRPC released it!  We're both newsBREAKERS & newsMAKERS:

BREAKING!
ANJRPC FILES FEDERAL SUIT TO OPEN OUTDOOR RANGES!
2ND AMENDMENT INCLUDES MAINTAINING PROFICIENCY!
by Black Wire Media Tues. May 12, 2020

I was thinking about this. So with this suit have we learned lessons from SCOTUS’s last case and included damages? I mean nobody has pro rated my membership dues. If any club did, no municipality has forgiven property taxes not utility bills. At a minimum the electric company bills you minimally even if you use nothing. 

Since it clearly has nothing to do with safety, mr Murphy needs to make us whole by restoring our rights, covering legal fees, and covering membership dues we could not benefit from. 

@Smokin .50

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Since it clearly has nothing to do with safety, mr Murphy needs to make us whole by restoring our rights, covering legal fees, and covering membership dues we could not benefit from. 

@Smokin .50

Masks $10 +$3 shipping :keeporder:

Mask c.jpg

• Like 1

On my way home from ShopRite at 6:30 this morning, there was a story on KYW-1060 about NJ getting $1B+ from the Feds for NJ Transit. The Gopher was saying how the fare income was down due to lost ridership over the past 2 months and the money was welcome, but the state was hoping for more from the Feds for other things.

It occurred to me that I'm very surprised that the Gopher, being as anti-gun as he is, doesn't open every range, both indoor and outdoor, in the PRNJ in the hopes that we, the owners of those evil implements, would contract Covid-19 and die. After all, he's done everything he can to reduce gun ownership here, hasn't he?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjrfd99 said:

Golf and other things open?

Our ranges are not?

Discrimination.    Period

File charges here - we do some every day on the traitorous d-rat gangsters. 

https://www.justice.gov/crt/how-file-complaint

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if the golf thing was Phil Murphy's method of trying to kiss DJT's ass for more federal funding. After all, his golf course wasn't making money being shutdown and that probably pissed him off.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Newtonian said:

Wow. It looks closed. Was it closed?

The private shooting club.  MCRPC = Monmouth County Rifle & Pistol Club, adjacent to Monmouth Co. Airport, on the Wall Twp. & Howell Twp. border.  To my knowledge they're still closed due to Covid.

~R 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greenday said:

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if the golf thing was Phil Murphy's method of trying to kiss DJT's ass for more federal funding. After all, his golf course wasn't making money being shutdown and that probably pissed him off.

I don't think so.

Rat boy sees the backlash on his lock down.  Remember he said Till June 1 then with all the people calling for his head,  rat boy is folding a bit trying to stave off a rebellion. 

BREAKING! Gov. Murphy signs executive order to reopen gun ranges!

BREAKING! Gov. Murphy signs executive order to reopen gun ranges!

After NJ2AS launched multiple lawsuits in defense of the First and Second Amendment, Governor Murphy today announced the reopening of gun ranges. The lawsuit directly cited NJ2AS reporting and questioning on Governor Murphy as one of the pillars of the complaint.

Now more than ever, it is criticism that NJ2AS News is given the same equal access to government press conferences. Not only does our community deserve a response form government on Second Amendment issues, but their own words expose the weakness of their positions.

We need your support to keep fighting tyranny and censorship in NJ. Please become a proud-card carrying member today by clicking here!

• Thanks 1

Gov. Phil Murphy said Monday he would sign an executive order that reopens outdoor batting cages, golf ranges, shooting ranges, horseback riding, private tennis clubs and community gardens.

The openings are effective as of Friday at 6 a.m.

I just pulled this off the web when I heard a rumor from my buddy. I guess we can believe it when we see it.

ANJRPC sent out the same info just a short while ago.  I bet CR is going to be crowded on Friday.  I'll be there early with a trunk full of fun.

On another note... it's sad that we have to "beg for our rights back" so to speak, not that i'm surprised in this state.  The only thing that would feel good about any of this is widespread court rulings that strike down all these Governor's orders.  At this point if they voluntarily opened everything up it will still be a loss for all of us that they got away with it for two months.  

• Like 1

Not for nothing.  But indoor ranges have better ventilation and partitions between patrons.  Limit each booth to one shooter, or even every other.  You want me to wear a mask?  No problem.  But open the indoor ranges too.  I'm happy as hell the outdoor ones will be open and I'll be there more than once next week.  But I cant shoot pistols outdoors at Shooters.  Dammit....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Donobieus said:

But open the indoor ranges too.  I'm happy as hell the outdoor ones will be open and I'll be there more than once next week.  But I cant shoot pistols outdoors at Shooters.  Dammit....

This should get the outdoor match season back underway, in some form or another (I'm mostly looking at the GSSF match in Jackson in June; one of the few early summer matches that Glock didn't cancel or postpone).    But, my home range is indoors, so I can't practice-beyond dry firing-for the outdoor matches until the indoor ranges reopen.