13 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Are there any outdoor ranges where you dont need to be a member? 

Shooters little egg harbor right off the parkway x58 (wear your camo hat to blend)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njJoniGuy said:

This will likely moot the case that is ready for mediation.

Depends on whether they cited damages doesn't it?  Not sure if they claimed a loss but that would allow the case to continue.  Otherwise yes, probably moot. 

12 minutes ago, Shepherd9 said:

Depends on whether they cited damages doesn't it?  Not sure if they claimed a loss but that would allow the case to continue.  Otherwise yes, probably moot. 

Everything gov bucky beaver knows he will lose so he caves and moots it, just before the court date. leaving his plaintiffs with the legal bill

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Shepherd9 said:

Hopefully they learned the lesson of the NYC case to always claim damages so the case can’t be looted.

4 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Hopefully they learned the lesson of the NYC case to always claim damages so the case can’t be looted.

Thats what I'm hoping.   I'd think their legal council would be aware of that.  With a private club (membership driven) im wondering how they claim that, but sure there's a way. 

4 minutes ago, Shepherd9 said:

Thats what I'm hoping.   I'd think their legal council would be aware of that.  With a private club (membership driven) im wondering how they claim that, but sure there's a way. 

Loss use relates to Membership fees?

10 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

From page 1 of the complaint:

Plaintiffs also seek actual and nominal damages caused by EO 107. 

https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.anjrpc.org/resource/resmgr/legal_motions___briefs/filed_complaint__dr.pdf

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, njJoniGuy said:

From page 1 of the complaint:

Plaintiffs also seek actual and nominal damages caused by EO 107. 

https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.anjrpc.org/resource/resmgr/legal_motions___briefs/filed_complaint__dr.pdf

You expect us to read past page 0?

• FacePalm 1

Here's tonight's piece on range opening discrimination:

https://www.cnjfo.com/news/8978018?fbclid=IwAR3N0Nd25LKl3nD0mMy_1zPFNGvPewA9wVsLLiLrPX2mynT3XGRzutH4w0I 

Maybe save the address for our news blog so you stay more informed...

Here's my article w/ John Petrolino's artwork:

2ND AMENDMENT SNUBBED; INDOOR RANGES SOL!
NJ's OUTDOOR RANGES CAN REOPEN 6AM FRIDAY!

by Black Wire Media Mon. May 18, 2020 www.cnjfo.com/join-us

Tooth & nail, inch-by-inch, that's how the new frontier of the 2nd Amendment is fought for today here in New Jersey. But at what price? As gun owners adjust weekend plans to go shooting at both outdoor commercial ranges and private shooting clubs' OUTDOOR FACILITIES throughout the state, we ask ourselves doesn't the Second Amendment apply to ALL RANGES? Especially in more densely populated urban areas of northern Jersey where mostly INDOOR firing ranges exist? We think so!

"The right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right. The Second Amendment makes no distinction between indoor and outdoor ranges. We must not allow anti-rights people to treat the Second Amendment as merely a privilege where permissions are given based upon the whims of a politician. We must never acquiesce to the argument that the Second Amendment only applies in certain places and in certain circumstances. To do so is a dangerous trap that contradicts everything we have been fighting for." ---Theresa Inacker, CNJFO Communications Director

Don't get us wrong. We're not ungrateful. We're as happy as everyone else is to report the lawsuit & injunction, filed by ANJRPC, that threatened the Murphy administration by proving a clear-cut pathway down the road of unconstitutionality, WORKED! And kudos to all involved in the effort! We want to go PEW just as bad as you all! We understand the dynamic of how the Courts work, and why the reopening of indoor & outdoor ranges were separated due to a combination of factors, including but not limited to Murphy's videotaped disdain for all things 2A, stated in his own words at several Press Conferences, as well as citing multiple examples of other outdoor recreational activities being allowed WITHOUT the threat of a lawsuit.

Playing golf isn't covered in specific in the Bill of Rights. There's no Amendment for that activity.

Our belief:
The Second Amendment not only covers OWNERSHIP & BEARING (AKA CARRY!) of firearms, it also covers PROFICIENCY through PRACTICE! For the often misconstrued term "Well Regulated" as far as the Militia is concerned, had a significant meaning that historians agree upon and now only Reenactors teach at Living History events.

The term "Well Regulated" means having your rifle, sufficient black powder, patching & lead balls, flints to make spark, possibles bag, tools, hard tac (survival rations), canteen, bed roll, and BE SUFFICIENTLY PRACTICED in its use so as to enable oneself to be called upon to DEFEND LIBERTY! How? By hitting what you're aiming at!

So at its base, the 2nd Amendment provides for the ability to PRACTICE WITHOUT RESTRAINT! One can't do that at a closed indoor range. So closing indoor ranges is yet another INFRINGEMENT, plain & simple! Here's praying the indoor ranges won't have to file a separate suit to get our anti-2A Governor to comply!

The Militia was US! And guess what! It STILL IS! Farmers, cobblers, laborers, tanners, coopers, trappers, glass blowers, virtually all walks of life in ANY trade! Back then Washington's Troops were a hodge-podge, but most were WELL REGULATED!

EDITOR's NOTE:

As a Reenactor with a very modest clothing outfit of the time period, and having been named the country's first Double Distinguished Expert in black powder muzzleloading, and having been a presenter at several Living History Days with his percussion rifle ON SCHOOL GROUNDS in NJ, our Vice President, David "Rosey" Rosenthal, can tell you factually that PRACTICE itself is a prerequisite to fulfill the Second Amendment, and anything else is INFRINGEMENT!

---THE EDITOR

Image may contain: meme, text that says 'I SUPPOSE YOU PEASANTS CAN HAVE YOUR GUN CLUBS... imgflip.com'

5 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

Are there any outdoor ranges where you dont need to be a member? 

Not that I know of, but a lot of private ranges have public events. I used to belong to Central Jersey in Jackson and it is one of the best ranges in NJ. Take their Sunday Trap events the 1st and last Sunday of the month is open. We had other events too. The only reason why I dropped after about 10 years is that I spend a lot of time in hospitals and I couldn't justify going there 4-5 times last few years for $300-400. But I love the club because how good it is and it's close to me.

I looked in your profile and you didn't mention where you hang out. That info would help us direct you.

• Like 1

Just now, drjjpdc said:

Not that I know of, but a lot of private ranges have public events. I used to belong to Central Jersey in Jackson and it is one of the best ranges in NJ. Take their Sunday Trap events the 1st and last Sunday of the month is open. We had other events too. The only reason why I dropped after about 10 years is that I spend a lot of time in hospitals and I couldn't justify going there 4-5 times last few years for $300-400. But I love the club because how good it is and it's close to me.

I looked in your profile and you didn't mention where you hang out. That info would help us direct you.

Im a new shooter, I finally purchased a pistol after years of saying i wanted to get one. Ive shot a few times with a friend who owns a large property and that's about it. I live 20 minutes away from rtsp in union, but im looking to join old bridge pistol and rifle club once I can attend a meeting. 

• Like 1

Just some advice to anybody calling up Range 14 or the FB message page, DON'T! When we hear from the higher command we will tell you. They are getting a little snippy if you ask me. Reminds me of the story my father told me about MacArthur and Truman flying around an airport waiting for the other to land. The civilian President had to remind Doug who was in charge.

12 hours ago, drjjpdc said:

Just some advice to anybody calling up Range 14 or the FB message page, DON'T! When we hear from the higher command we will tell you. They are getting a little snippy if you ask me. Reminds me of the story my father told me about MacArthur and Truman flying around an airport waiting for the other to land. The civilian President had to remind Doug who was in charge.

I just found out that the military personnel do not run the FB site. It is a civilian. She gets info from the base. I am also apologizing if any of my comments appeared as critical of the military at Fort Dix.

23 hours ago, Donobieus said:

But I cant shoot pistols outdoors at Shooters.  Dammit....

Per Shooters facebook post from 10am today.....

"The Ranges will be OPEN officially on Friday May 22! We have made 6 lanes for pistols too!"

Looks like they made 6 of the 16 lanes available for pistols. You should call them to confirm this.

17 hours ago, bennj said:

Shooter's outdoor range is rifle only, so still no range trips for those of us without outdoor memberships unless going into Pennsy.

It looks like Shooter's is turning 6 lanes into pistol lanes. Call to confirm?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dajonga said:

Per Shooters facebook post from 10am today.....

"The Ranges will be OPEN officially on Friday May 22! We have made 6 lanes for pistols too!"

Looks like they made 6 of the 16 lanes available for pistols. You should call them to confirm this.

It looks like Shooter's is turning 6 lanes into pistol lanes. Call to confirm?

Just called, they are making lanes for pistols. 

• Like 1

Murphy is a fucking idiot.

"RANGE REOPENING GUIDELINES
IN NEW MURPHY EXECUTIVE ORDER

May 19, 2020. As we reported yesterday, in response to ANJRPC's lawsuit, the Murphy Administration has reversed itself on its improper closure of outdoor ranges, which are now authorized to reopen as of 6:00 a.m. this Friday, May 22, subject to social distancing and sanitization protocols, and a capacity limit, among other things."

Can someone explain to me how you sanitize an OUTDOOR range? 
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Just called, they are making lanes for pistols. 

What does that mean? CR has about 35 stands at the pistol range. Are they going to limit participation to six or fewer shooters at any one time? Are they going to paint chalk lanes to keep the flies from flying from my lane to my neighbor's, 40 feet away? How about the small cal range? There are only 5-6 benches there. Will they only allow one pea-shooter at a time? 50-yard rifle range...300-yard rifle range? 

If so there's some $$$ to be made providing virus-free drinks and snacks from the range entrance, down Cannistear Rd. to Route 23.

And...curious if Murphy will be attending the ribbon cutting with Colandro and Bach. I heard they'll be officially re-opening the 300 yard range from down in the cement tunnel. I'd like to stand at the firing line to thank them, personally, with a 21-round salute from the bottom of my heart, for providing the service I pay them for every year, and for their indefatigable heroism in this unprecedented time of unimaginable crisis.