Cumberland Riflemen in Millville (the ONLY 600 yard range in our G-dforsaken state) has announced it will open to members on Friday morning.

No word yet from the owners of South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow (Camden County) on a reopening.

• Like 1

NJ Gov Allowing Outdoor Ranges To Reopen Under Ridiculous Conditions

Just a few days after the Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol clubs filed a federal lawsuit challenging the closure of outdoor ranges in the state, Governor Phil Murphy has issued new executive orders allowing outdoor ranges to reopen this Friday. Murphy is no friend of gun owners and no fan of the Second Amendment, but he may have realized that he was likely to suffer a legal defeat if he attempted to reopen portions of the state’s economy while keeping ranges on lockdown.

Under the governor’s new order “outdoor recreational businesses” can reopen beginning on May 22nd, as long as they adhere to some pretty restrictive social distancing guidelines, including a limit of ten people at the range at any given time.

• Using electronic or telephone reservation and payment systems;
  • Prohibiting impermissible gatherings;
  • Installing physical barriers between employees and customers;
  • Limiting the use of equipment to one person;
  • Implementing social distancing measures in commonly used areas, including demarcation and signage;
  • Infection control and hygiene practices;
  • Providing sanitization materials to employees;
  • Frequent sanitization of high-touch areas; and
  • Limiting occupancy of restrooms.

It seems silly to limit the use of outdoor ranges to a handful of people, especially if the range is set up to handle far more. The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs range, for example, has 47 firing stations at the handgun range, 70 stations at the rifle range, 25 spots on the firing line at the rimfire range, as well as a long distance rifle range and a shotgun range that can hold dozens of more shooters. Murphy’s new rule means that the ANJRPC range will be forced to open at less than 10-percent of its capacity, despite the fact that it’s an outdoor facility and the risk of coronavirus transmission is very small. In fact, the state’s parks and beaches are reopening, and there’ll be a lot more than ten people in the sand at any given time this coming weekend.

There’s absolutely no scientific justification for Murphy to demand that outdoor ranges allow only a handful of gun owners to head to the firing line, but the ANJRPC says over the past few months the governor has made it clear that his executive orders closing gun stores and ranges have had far more to do with his anti-gun mentality than trying to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

What’s more, Governor Murphy’s overt hatred for the Second Amendment is laid bare in his executive order, which ironically declares that non-vital retailers like liquor stores, marijuana dispensaries, and cell phone stores are “essential” and therefore can stay open, while ranges are not “essential” and must close.

Governor Murphy has even admitted that his assault on the Second Amendment was motivated by his hatred of guns, not by safety concerns about Coronavirus. When recently asked by a reporter why he didn’t deem Second Amendment facilities to be “essential,” he stated “a safer society for my taste has fewer guns and not more guns.”He said nothing about Coronavirus, which is apparently just his pretext for shutting down the Second Amendment.
I’ll be speaking with ANJRPC executive director Scott Bach about the reopening of outdoor ranges on tomorrow’s Bearing Arms’ Cam & Co, as well as the possibility of a separate lawsuit challenging the closure of indoor ranges, which have not been allowed to reopen under Murphy’s latest order.

7 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

NJ Gov Allowing Outdoor Ranges To Reopen Under Ridiculous Conditions

Just a few days after the Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol clubs filed a federal lawsuit challenging the closure of outdoor ranges in the state, Governor Phil Murphy has issued new executive orders allowing outdoor ranges to reopen this Friday. Murphy is no friend of gun owners and no fan of the Second Amendment, but he may have realized that he was likely to suffer a legal defeat if he attempted to reopen portions of the state’s economy while keeping ranges on lockdown.

Under the governor’s new order “outdoor recreational businesses” can reopen beginning on May 22nd, as long as they adhere to some pretty restrictive social distancing guidelines, including a limit of ten people at the range at any given time.

• Using electronic or telephone reservation and payment systems;
  • Prohibiting impermissible gatherings;
  • Installing physical barriers between employees and customers;
  • Limiting the use of equipment to one person;
  • Implementing social distancing measures in commonly used areas, including demarcation and signage;
  • Infection control and hygiene practices;
  • Providing sanitization materials to employees;
  • Frequent sanitization of high-touch areas; and
  • Limiting occupancy of restrooms.

It seems silly to limit the use of outdoor ranges to a handful of people, especially if the range is set up to handle far more. The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs range, for example, has 47 firing stations at the handgun range, 70 stations at the rifle range, 25 spots on the firing line at the rimfire range, as well as a long distance rifle range and a shotgun range that can hold dozens of more shooters. Murphy’s new rule means that the ANJRPC range will be forced to open at less than 10-percent of its capacity, despite the fact that it’s an outdoor facility and the risk of coronavirus transmission is very small. In fact, the state’s parks and beaches are reopening, and there’ll be a lot more than ten people in the sand at any given time this coming weekend.

There’s absolutely no scientific justification for Murphy to demand that outdoor ranges allow only a handful of gun owners to head to the firing line, but the ANJRPC says over the past few months the governor has made it clear that his executive orders closing gun stores and ranges have had far more to do with his anti-gun mentality than trying to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

What’s more, Governor Murphy’s overt hatred for the Second Amendment is laid bare in his executive order, which ironically declares that non-vital retailers like liquor stores, marijuana dispensaries, and cell phone stores are “essential” and therefore can stay open, while ranges are not “essential” and must close.

Governor Murphy has even admitted that his assault on the Second Amendment was motivated by his hatred of guns, not by safety concerns about Coronavirus. When recently asked by a reporter why he didn’t deem Second Amendment facilities to be “essential,” he stated “a safer society for my taste has fewer guns and not more guns.”He said nothing about Coronavirus, which is apparently just his pretext for shutting down the Second Amendment.
I’ll be speaking with ANJRPC executive director Scott Bach about the reopening of outdoor ranges on tomorrow’s Bearing Arms’ Cam & Co, as well as the possibility of a separate lawsuit challenging the closure of indoor ranges, which have not been allowed to reopen under Murphy’s latest order.

I agree wholeheartedly.  The ANJRPC should not knuckle under and withdraw the lawsuit until a realistic and reasonable protocol is stipulated to.   

Stupid-ass, asshole Statist... needs to be thrown out. 

The Fudds running my range will just bend over.   It will be September before they figure half of this ridiculous shit out and allow paying members in the private range access.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Princetonian58 said:

I agree wholeheartedly.  The ANJRPC should not knuckle under and withdraw the lawsuit until a realistic and reasonable protocol is stipulated to.   

Luckily they have multiple ranges.. at the CLUB. 

I would just eliminate half the lanes, every other... well outside a 6 feet distance protocol. Fuck em...

They won't even shut down that gym....

If they withdraw the lawsuit we should withdraw our membership dues. Simple as that. I'm not waiting in the car for 3 hours so ANJRPC can make sure all of Governor Gopher's wildest fantasies are realized. I'm not wearing a mask outdoors any longer, PERIOD. I'd love to see how they're going to remove Lung Flu Sicken from wooden benches. Oops, someone forgot to disinfect the switch for turning the range cold. Someone sneezed! Let's ask our superiors if we should close down for a few more months. I wonder what Murphy would say?

I'll drive to PA to shoot, or go to a friend's, shoot my pellet gun in my basement, or do what I've been doing for the last three months (including pre-COVID time off). By now there should be NO restrictions on ANY outdoor activities ANYWHERE but in New York City, and even that should be voluntary. If you are afraid I don't blame you one bit. I wouldn't bring my mother to a CORONA protest, and if I had a health issue I'd be maniacal about this, FOR ME. So if you need to stay home STAY HOME! Wear anything you like, don't touch your face, don't breathe my air, don't walk by anybody, but please LEAVE ME ALONE.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I don’t know why any range would bother opening under those restrictions.  10-people on the range at one time?   For most ranges that’s got to be under 10% capacity (20 ports @4 per port).    How many employees do you need on site to run a range and economically can you make money with that limit?

30 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I don’t know why any range would bother opening under those restrictions.  10-people on the range at one time?   For most ranges that’s got to be under 10% capacity (20 ports @4 per port).    How many employees do you need on site to run a range and economically can you make money with that limit?

ANJRPC?

It doesn't matter these are basically all private ranges. They don't earn money based on daily occupancy. 

On most days I go to anjrpc it's slow. One RO makes rounds between ranges.. the place could run itself. 

14 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

ANJRPC?

It doesn't matter these are basically all private ranges. They don't earn money based on daily occupancy. 

On most days I go to anjrpc it's slow. One RO makes rounds between ranges.. the place could run itself. 

Granted my experience is limited to R14. I think it has around 25 ports between rifle and pistol ranges (not including shotgun and archery ranges) with up to 4 people per port.  Depending on definition of “range” in the EO limiting all of  R14 to 10 would be severely limiting. Even if just applied to individual ranges it’s still a big restriction.  

Given that restriction and demand I may not get range time for 4 months. Ironically that’s when mom will let me out of the basement. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Given that restriction and demand I may not get range time for 4 months. Ironically that’s when mom will let me out of the basement. 

Well, I'm breaking out on Friday, regardless.

72F and rainy will be just fine. My mother always said about going out in the rain "Don't worry ... you're not so sweet you'll melt!"

If SJSC isn't open yet, I'll be at Cumberland. My trigger finger is so itchy, if I can't put it into a trigger guard, I'm afraid I'll put it in someone's eye!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

Well, I'm breaking out on Friday, regardless.

72F and rainy will be just fine. My mother always said about going out in the rain "Don't worry ... you're not so sweet you'll melt!"

If SJSC isn't open yet, I'll be at Cumberland. My trigger finger is so itchy, if I can't put it into a trigger guard, I'm afraid I'll put it in someone's eye!

Not a peep out of SJSC yet. I'm looking to join once they re-open. I want to be able to shoot further than 100 yards and Range 14 is about an hour and fifteen minutes. SJSC is maybe 30 minutes at most. Cumberland is also about 30 minutes. 600 yards would be awesome to shoot at. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, W2MC said:

Smoke 'em.  Ask @Smokin .50 how to do that   ;)

@W2MC One explosion at a time.  And if rotten eggs smell are a deal-breaker, ya might as well stay home, lol!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voyager9 said:

A private range probably wouldn't. ANJRPC already has my money. Their finances are probably ok. They'd only need a weekday staff at 1/4 capacity. I hope they're paying those guys anyway. 

Point is very few businesses are profitable at 10% capacity. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, almiz111 said:

Range 14 is ruled by the Base Commander. They don't have to obey/follow Murphy.

The question: does the BC have any common sense?

The DoD is not going to risk letting civilians onto the base recreationally even if it's not interacting with soldiers and risk spreading the pandemic through an entire military base. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Underdog said:

Stupid-ass, asshole Statist... needs to be thrown out. 

The Fudds running my range will just bend over.   It will be September before they figure half of this ridiculous shit out and allow paying members in the private range access.  

As much as I hate Murphy, he's only one. The real problems are the State Legislature in the North (where most of the violence is) who refuse to acknowledge that guns in the hands of non-felons (most of us) do not cause crime.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Newtonian said:

If they withdraw the lawsuit we should withdraw our membership dues. Simple as that. I'm not waiting in the car for 3 hours so ANJRPC can make sure all of Governor Gopher's wildest fantasies are realized. I'm not wearing a mask outdoors any longer, PERIOD. I'd love to see how they're going to remove Lung Flu Sicken from wooden benches. Oops, someone forgot to disinfect the switch for turning the range cold. Someone sneezed! Let's ask our superiors if we should close down for a few more months. I wonder what Murphy would say?

I'll drive to PA to shoot, or go to a friend's, shoot my pellet gun in my basement, or do what I've been doing for the last three months (including pre-COVID time off). By now there should be NO restrictions on ANY outdoor activities ANYWHERE but in New York City, and even that should be voluntary. If you are afraid I don't blame you one bit. I wouldn't bring my mother to a CORONA protest, and if I had a health issue I'd be maniacal about this, FOR ME. So if you need to stay home STAY HOME! Wear anything you like, don't touch your face, don't breathe my air, don't walk by anybody, but please LEAVE ME ALONE.

One of my favorite events is CB Lever Action Silhouette. Sadly most of the NJ ranges don't offer it. But I found one across the river,  Falls Twp. in PA. And you don't even have to be a member.

1 hour ago, bennj said:

drjjpdc, I'm in central NJ near Trenton. I have been to Central Jersey a few times and it is a great facility for sure. dajonga, thanks for the info on Shooters since I don't do facebook.

I was only 15 minutes or so from CJR&C,  but I was hardly ever there due to my illness. As soon as my wife lets me out of the house, I'll be heading over to Range 14. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

Cumberland Riflemen in Millville (the ONLY 600 yard range in our G-dforsaken state) has announced it will open to members on Friday morning.

No word yet from the owners of South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow (Camden County) on a reopening.

I have a friend from MD that has been telling me about Cumberland and I will be heading there. I haven't shot at 600 yards since I was last at my vacation (for a few days) club in northwest PA, Ridgway Rifle Club in Ridgway, PA. They have a 1,000 yard long range Varmint facility.

Thanks for reminding me about Millville. I need a place where I can shoot my Shiloh Sharps #3 Sporter in .45-70 with a 30" barrel.  It also gives me a chance to hit Union Lake!  

I shoot at CJRPC and the 10 person limit is just plain stupid.  There could be 10 people in the pits, 10 on each of the rifle and pistol ranges and 10 shooting clays and still easily maintain social distancing.  The 10 person limit is just another FU from our governor.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Newly released rules for the reopening of Cumberland Riflemen:

The range will be reopening starting on Friday May 22, 2020. After reviewing the Governor's executive order 147 which allows us to open outdoor ranges the following rules and procedures will be in effect.
1. By executive order only 10 individuals are allowed to be on each range at one time and only if social distancing allows being six feet apart are possible.
2. The range will be open to members only at this time. No guests or family members will be allowed on the range.
3. All members must bring their membership ID and have with them a mask or protective face covering to enter the range. Also bring a pen as there will be a signin  table set up and a board member there to sign you in. A protective face covering will be required to be worn during the sign in procedure.
4. The range will be open from 8am to 5pm until further notice. Note that your gate entry card will only allow you enter and exit during these times.
5. All matches, clinics and any other activities previously scheduled are cancelled. This is only temporary.
6. All CDC guidlines will be followed. Common areas of use on the ranges will be sanatized as required.
7. Bathroom facility will be open only at the bathroom by the gate entrance. Only one person will be allowed in the bathroom at a time.
8. It is recommended that you bring with you hand sanitizer.

The governor's executive order requires no gathering of more than ten people and you must maintain social distancing of six feet apart. Again these rules are temporary and will change as directed by executive order and as compliance has been established.

7 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

By executive order only 10 individuals are allowed to be on each range at one time and only if social distancing allows being six feet apart are possible.

If I interpret this correctly, if a site has multiple ranges than 10 people should be allowed at each range?