I've been checking CNJR+P site for days and NOTHING on - reopening. 

Very disappointed in their lack of info.

If rat face says we can open  where's the reply to all of us dues paying members? 

I sent an e-mail when the rat said we could - no reply for days. 

# 2267   Yeah a member that long.  I love my club but someone is asleep at the switch

1 hour ago, mjrfd99 said:

I've been checking CNJR+P site for days and NOTHING on - reopening. 

Very disappointed in their lack of info.

If rat face says we can open  where's the reply to all of us dues paying members? 

I sent an e-mail when the rat said we could - no reply for days. 

# 2267   Yeah a member that long.  I love my club but someone is asleep at the switch

Same here, very disappointing.

Yes I heard this on NBC, CNN, MSNBC. Opening Range 14 is going to wipe out The Joint Base, Cookstown and Browns Mills.  We are all gonna DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

There are many old dudes (like me) that hang out at Range 14. Just think, Young Ones, if the old ones  get IT,  you will get a table sooner. No waiting. 

Sorry for the sick humor but I am just tired of all the experts and politicians and their expert opinions and their modeling.  HAHA. The only accurate model I know of is the plastic  F4  Phantom  on the shelf in my family room.  The half life of  a  CDC model is about 20 minutes.  It wrong before the ink dries. 

I heart  venting.   LOL.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone care to predict how this plays out if the doomsday outcomes (1) never happen (2) partially or sortof happen (3) happen?

My predictions:

(1) move on to the next predict-the-future scenario, which may or may not include guns but will certainly be targeted at our demographic

(2) The media will say "told you so" but when the counter-arguments come in (only 2 people get sick and nobody dies), then go to (1) above

(3) demand re-closing everything -- we probably won't, but this will increase the length, thickness, and turgidity of the hard-on our governor has for guns not used directly for his protection, and for gun owners in general.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

WMA Ranges to Open on Friday.  I received this email from the Division of Fish & Wildlife a few hours ago.  It reads:

In accordance with Executive Order No. 147 signed by Governor Phil Murphy, Division firearm and archery ranges will reopen this Friday, May 22. All Wildlife Management Area regulations apply and at least one member of the shooting party must have a current, valid New Jersey hunting license in possession. Required social distancing measures remain in place.

Ranges are open 8 a.m. to sunset daily, however the Black River WMA range is closed on weekends from the third weekend in May through Labor Day weekend. Please also note that the Flatbrook muzzleloader/rifle range is still closed for ongoing renovations. 

Please be courteous and respectful by limiting your use of range time, as this will allow as many people as possible to enjoy these facilities. Only shoot from designated shooting stations and please wipe down shooting stations before and after use, and wear face coverings to protect others. If ranges are full, please come back another time.

Keeping the ranges open is up to you! Please enjoy them safely and responsibly.

22 hours ago, PeteF said:

Murphy is a fucking idiot.

"RANGE REOPENING GUIDELINES
IN NEW MURPHY EXECUTIVE ORDER

May 19, 2020. As we reported yesterday, in response to ANJRPC's lawsuit, the Murphy Administration has reversed itself on its improper closure of outdoor ranges, which are now authorized to reopen as of 6:00 a.m. this Friday, May 22, subject to social distancing and sanitization protocols, and a capacity limit, among other things."

Can someone explain to me how you sanitize an OUTDOOR range? 

Let the sun shine on it.

• Informative 1

7 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

Let the sun shine on it.

Literally. Its actually more effective than any product.. problem is... their shooting benches on some lines are covered. 

There is a simple solution. Get rid of the tables... then there is nothing to sanatize.

The Law suit will NOT be Dropped!

Some NJ Ranges Reopening Friday After Governor Caves On Closures

Outdoor ranges in New Jersey are allowed to reopen as early as Friday of this week, and on today’s Bearing Arms’ Cam & Co, the head of a Second Amendment organization that sued over their closures says he’s “100-percent” convinced that the recent federal lawsuit is the reason for Gov. Phil Murphy’s abrupt reversal.

Scott Bach, the executive director of the Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs, says the federal lawsuit will continue, even after outdoor ranges are allowed to reopen this weekend under social distancing guidelines, and adds that the organization may sue over the closure of indoor ranges in the near future as well.

As for Murphy’s order limiting the number of customers at “outdoor recreation businesses” like ranges to no more than ten at a time, Bach says attorneys that have examined the governor’s order for the ANJRPC believe that the limitations apply to each individual range within a complex. In other words, if an outdoor range has 50 firing ports on its pistol range, and another 50 on its rifle range, then a total of twenty customers or club members could shoot at any given time. That would be a little better than a narrow interpretation of the new regulations, and would certainly make it more feasible for outdoor ranges to reopen.

Bach says that the move by Murphy to allow outdoor ranges to reopen came suddenly and without any communication by the governor’s office beforehand, which adds to his belief that the move came about as a result of the lawsuit filed in federal court. And according to Bach, this is the second time that the governor has caved after a legal challenge to his restrictions on the firearms industry in New Jersey, with the first coming back in March when Murphy reversed course and said that gun stores could reopen after originally ordering them closed. The governor had even shut down the background check system in the state to prevent stores from selling firearms, but backed off after a lawsuit was filed and the federal Department of Homeland Security released guidance declaring that the firearms industry is an essential part of the nation’s workforce.

Will the governor reverse course on his closure of indoor ranges as well? Gun owners across the state are hoping that’s the case, and Bach says the association is weighing the right time to file suit over the extended closures, and a decision could be made in the near future.

https://bearingarms.com/came/2020/05/20/some-nj-ranges-reopening-friday/?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=bc1d86e1053dd21c60a121534def959c

I must have received a dozen notifications of range reopenings, which I welcome as heartily as I do emails from Oroho informing me that there's a coronavirus flying around, and from Allstate that "no action is required." I'm sure there'll also be so much patting on the back, both genuine and self-inflicted. 

Just like the announcement that retail was reopening. If by reopening they mean we can still order online but now we have to wait in a 40 minute line to pick up our CUOMO for PRESIDENT boxer shorts.

Guys, the ranges are not open until we can enter the premises as free people taking whatever precautions we ourselves have decided are appropriate, up to and including staying home. Until then we are beholden and (willingly) subservient to the various connivers operating behind the scenes to grant us a tiny sliver of our rights in return for shutting up. 

Somebody please show some testosterone.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

People in NJ just need to say screw you to the Governor and the cops.  If enough people had the balls to show up the show of defiance would make a difference.  I just saw that here in VA our shitty governor's order for people not to use the beaches for sunbathing and swimming were ignored.  Here is the link:  https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-beach-weekend-crowd-northam-reopen-memorial-day?fbclid=IwAR0np26du6SU-pmejcJpiMWQRQAPe4ukcWVi9yEr62x69SZEamGw9eeZAh4

• Like 1

JC is right!

President Trump Delivers Stern Warning To Stalling States

During a weekly conference call between President Trump and the Governors, the President notified the governors that he “will step in” if he disagrees with their plans for the reopening of the state.

During the call, Trump for praised the majority of the governor’s plans to get their states back up and running, but assured them that any large missteps would be corrected by the federal government.

“The governors are making their decisions, and want to make their decisions, and that’s the way I want it to, and we will step in if we see something going wrong, or if we disagree, and some people say that’s nice, and some people say I shouldn’t be doing that, but we’re going to do it if we see something wrong,” Trump said to the governors Monday.

Trump continued: “If you have any problem, let me know please, but it seems that the governors are largely happy. And I think I can say extraordinarily happy with respect to what we’ve done.”

The Trump administration last month revealed guidelines for how states should begin to lift restrictions. President Trump said during a Fox Business interview that some Democrats have been reluctant to lift the coronavirus measures because they’re looking to capitalize on the political aspect of a suffering economy.

The restrictions, which are keeping students home from school, nonessential workers out of the office and many businesses shuttered, took a massive toll on the economy — tanking the stock market, causing approximately 36 million people to lose their jobs, and leading to a string of bankruptcies of major businesses.

Democratic governors have sought to keep the restrictions that caused this sort of economic hardship in place, citing public health concerns, despite insistence from the president and protesters alike calling for the reopening of the state economies.

Michigan Gov Gretchen Whitmer, who has recently come into the spotlight due to her tyrannical approach to the shutdown measures, said “I’ve been focused on doing my job, and I’m going to keep doing that and I’m not going to apologize about that. I’m not changing the way I run this state because of some protests.”

Whitmer continued, “We are in the third phase of a six-phase process to bring life back to normal,” she said. “But we have to be careful as we’ve had a really bad experience with COVID-19.”

While Democratic leaders have expressed a disdain for Americans exercising their right to protest, President Trump has been a staunch supporter of these citizens. “These are great people,” Trump said in April.

“They want their life back; their life was taken away from them,” he added.

In the state bordering Whitmer’s, however, the Wisconsin Supreme Court last week struck down Democratic Gov. Tony Evers’ coronavirus restrictions, saying his administration overstepped its bounds by imposing them unilaterally. Evers lamented the court’s decision in a statement after the ruling was issued.

“Republican legislators have convinced 4 justices to throw our state into chaos,” he said. “We cannot let today’s ruling undo all the work we have done and all the sacrifices Wisconsinites have made over these past few months.”

As Democrat governors fail to enforce their dramatic lockdown measures and slowly begin to heed to the mounting calls to reopen, states like Florida and Georgia — under the leadership of Republican Governors Ron DeSantis and Brian Kemp— have already largely opened up and shown promising results.

Neither state is showing a surge in cases and on Tuesday Kemp announced that Georgia has reached its lowest number of hospitalized coronavirus patients “since hospitals started reporting data to the Georgia Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency (GEMA/HS) on April 8.”

If we don't join these protests, we are no different than the sheep and we deserve to get what we got. A Hair salon in parsippany is opening June 1st Be There! Be at every one of these that occur in you part of the stste! If you know of  one post it and BE THERE! That's what we need to do to stop this bullsh!t.

Enough whining "when Will the range open" Well they're open are you happy about the ridiculous terms? Step Up! Be There! Be heard! Be Loud!

• Like 1

Word has come down that SJSC (Winslow, Camden County) will be open at 0900 on Friday.

Limit 10 shooters per range (7/10/15, 25, 50, 100, 300), so 50 shooters max at a time.

Remember, there is NO GOING FORWARD ON ANY OF THE RANGES TO SHOOT (except the 300 if everyone on the line agrees). There are now target hangers on the 50 at 25yd for rifle and shotgun.

7/10/15 - Handguns only with handgun caliber. NO STEEL on this range. Paper only.

25 - Handgun caliber only. Steel permitted AT FULL DISTANCE ONLY, here and at longer ranges.

50 - All Handguns, rifles and shotguns

100, 300 - Rifle only

I'll be there. Look for me in my RSO gear (buzz cut and beard) and introduce yourself.

On 5/19/2020 at 9:22 PM, almiz111 said:

Range 14 is ruled by the Base Commander. They don't have to obey/follow Murphy.

The question: does the BC have any common sense?

Thes a pretty cool lady.. She definitely has plenty of common sense.. met her a couple times, but no clue on her 2A stance...

1 hour ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Shongum is open on a temporary basis for the weekend 22nd - 26th, but will close unless there are ROs available for each range. Is that part of the king's edict?

The Directive has been posted, if any outdoor ranges decide to be more restrictive that is their choice. 

7 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

The Directive has been posted, if any outdoor ranges decide to be more restrictive that is their choice. 

Yeah I see it's limited to 10 people and they have to provide hand sanitizer. Other than that post an occupancy limit and put some papertowels and a spray bottle to wipe down the porous wooden benches. :rolleyes: