MNK79

Finally stumbled in.

Finally decided to apply for my FIPD a couple weeks ago and got notification that I was approved, so figured now I can actually join the forum. I'm more of a reader than a poster. Look forward to being here and learning as much as I can. 

Well if by interests you mean firearms type I'm picking up a Glock 19 gen 5 and the Glock 44. Easy of operation and maintenance, similarity in size, and the abundance of accessories made them my first choice. Thats just for the appetizers once I get proficient enough I'll move up to the main courses which are yet to be determined. Long guns I'm still deciding what tickles my fancy. As far as what I plan to to do with them is utilize some of my local ranges and then a property out of NJ my family has where I can go plinking.

Just now, MNK79 said:

Well if by interests you mean firearms type I'm picking up a Glock 19 gen 5 and the Glock 44. Easy of operation and maintenance, similarity in size, and the abundance of accessories made them my first choice. Thats just for the appetizers once I get proficient enough I'll move up to the main courses which are yet to be determined. Long guns I'm still deciding what tickles my fancy. As far as what I plan to to do with them is utilize some of my local ranges and then a property out of NJ my family has where I can go plinking.

Good man!!! 

Welcome! Keep an eye on the events section... on occasion, there are clay shoots at the Clinton NJ Wildlife Management Area (WMA)… as well has handgun shooting events at various indoor ranges (we've done RTSP in Randolph, and I believe GSSC down in the Lakewood area, as I recall - others will chime in if I'm wrong). They're not terribly frequent, but they are lots of fun. Not sure where you are in "north jersey" - but it might be worth the trip for you to attend an event or two. It's a nice way to meet people, eyeball new guns, and... plan  additional future purchases... (because there are always more purchases to be made). :D

12 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Welcome! Keep an eye on the events section... on occasion, there are clay shoots at the Clinton NJ Wildlife Management Area (WMA)… as well has handgun shooting events at various indoor ranges (we've done RTSP in Randolph, and I believe GSSC down in the Lakewood area, as I recall - others will chime in if I'm wrong). They're not terribly frequent, but they are lots of fun. Not sure where you are in "north jersey" - but it might be worth the trip for you to attend an event or two. It's a nice way to meet people, eyeball new guns, and... plan  additional future purchases... (because there are always more purchases to be made). :D

Than you! When you think you have enough, nope you need more.......

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, pasu0115 said:

Welcome! And since it has to be asked of all the New members, is it Pork Roll or Taylor Ham?

He's from north Jersey. He's obviously a man of undoubted culture and finesse, Of course is Taylor Ham.

• Disagree 2