Jump to content
Zell959

Who has an at-home shooting trainer product they'd highly recommend? (electronic/laser/other)

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

Basement with a .22 and a some blocks of thick wood??  :D

As kids, we used to shoot bb guns in the basement, using an old fitted sheet hanging from the ceiling as a backstop.  The bbs would collect in the bottom for re-use.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, W2MC said:

As kids, we used to shoot bb guns in the basement, using an old fitted sheet hanging from the ceiling as a backstop.  The bbs would collect in the bottom for re-use.

 

Wut like a red rider?

we were doing ten pumpers to 12 and using marksman darts going trough as many lawyers of sheet rock we could.

i think 3, stuck into the fourth. But I was always an envelope pusher, even as a kid

crossman 1200 

and the classic pump pistol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Wut like a red rider?

we were doing ten pumpers to 12 and using marksman darts going trough as many lawyers of sheet rock we could.

i think 3, stuck into the fourth. But I was always an envelope pusher, even as a kid

crossman 1200 

and the classic pump pistol 

Um....I said BB gun; not marksman darts.

And 10 pumps?  Not hardly.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made a backstop in our basement using duct seal and some plywood.  Stops all of our pellet and BB guns, even at 11 or 12 pumps.

My son and I shot last night and had a blast!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Air soft just purchased new one from STI off evike.com. I use a box with front cut open hang rag inside box and plastic bb drops in box bt goes through paper target. I use a coat hanger poked through box to hold rag draped over it clip my target to front of box.

Purchased the co2 mags and green gas refillable co2 cartridge the co2 cartridges themselves are little more powerful than green gas mags.

No I did not get the john wick version.  DVC version.

https://www.evike.com/products/12737/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2020 at 4:40 PM, Mr.Stu said:

I'm waiting for a coolfire trainer to be shipped. I'll let you know if it's any good when I get it.

It arrived. The cycling of the action is pretty potent - not as much as live fire, but sufficient to move the gun around and activate the slide catch if your thumb is not in the right place!

I like it.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 9:52 PM, jm1827 said:

I made a backstop in our basement using duct seal and some plywood.  Stops all of our pellet and BB guns, even at 11 or 12 pumps.

My son and I shot last night and had a blast!

A 30gal brute garbage can filled with rubber mulch, on its side, will stop real 9mm and .45acp... I find the bullets only about half way through. 

  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second on the airsoft practice.

Ordered a Glock 19X from Evike and a KWA Radian Model 1.  Both green gas with a few spare mags.  Should be here this week so I've built a couple of stands for reduced size USPSA targets to set up downstairs.  I like the concept of actually shooting projectiles more than the laser trainers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am very interested in getting a Glock airsoft pistol.  I only have a spring operated Noname one now that is pretty much just a toy. I do have some I have two questions.

1) CO2 vs green gas: from Tony’s post above, sounds like co2 are as powerful as gg. My preference is co2 if that is the case. Also wondering if breathing in gg in an enclosed space is a health Or a fire risk.

2) Legality:   sounds like evike is still shipping to NJ.  Wasn’t there a new NJ law passed earlier this year that effectively banned all imitation firearms (eg 1” orange stripe require along its full length, etc.)

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

Am very interested in getting a Glock airsoft pistol.  I only have a spring operated Noname one now that is pretty much just a toy. I do have some I have two questions.

1) CO2 vs green gas: from Tony’s post above, sounds like co2 are as powerful as gg. My preference is co2 if that is the case. Also wondering if breathing in gg in an enclosed space is a health Or a fire risk.

2) Legality:   sounds like evike is still shipping to NJ.  Wasn’t there a new NJ law passed earlier this year that effectively banned all imitation firearms (eg 1” orange stripe require along its full length, etc.)

thanks

1) CO2 is better, way better. More power, more consistent. 

2) Honestly, if its an airsoft pistol i would say who cares..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...