revenger

canada bans modern sporting rifles

The situation in Canada proves that gun grabbers won't be satisfied until all guns are banned.  To my understanding, Canada already has every law on the wishlist of Moms Demand, Every Town, and others like that, including universal background checks, magazine capacity limits, and possibly even a registry(?).  Still, every time a shooting occurs, they decree that more laws are necessary.

Anyone know what the recent mass shooter in Nova Scotia used?  Was it an MSR?

8 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

I've been wondering the same.  I've read several accounts, none made any mention of the weapon used.  Which I found unusual.

24 minutes ago, 10X said:

I've been wondering the same.  I've read several accounts, none made any mention of the weapon used.  Which I found unusual.

I did see a report that almost half of those murdered in the attack were killed by arson.  Using their same logic, why aren't they banning matches and lighters?  Nobody needs that many matches.  High capacity lighters.  Outright ban of road flares. One flame a month. Common sense match laws are what is needed here.

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

I looked at seven  articles from Canada, the US and UK and I could only find that he used a handgun, a rifle and a shotgun.  No specifics were given.

This is Canada's response to a rampage by a deranged RCMP wannabe who did not own one single firearm legally.  So, fuck the law abiding I guess.  Free healthcare though, if you live long enough to get treated.

1 hour ago, Greenday said:

Interesting how Canadians are blaming America for the guns being smuggled into Canada.

Interesting how all the laws you support and agree with are on the books in Canada and a fucking old man that worked as a denture technician was the mastermind behind the evil.  He single handedly circumvented all your bullshit laws and won the day.  Bravo Karen.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Greenday said:

Interesting how Canadians are blaming America for the guns being smuggled into Canada.

Where is that past shithead Attorney General, maybe he knows.  I heard something about Frozen and Furious.

Canadians still have too much British Blood.  Soon pocket knives will be banned.  

37 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Let’s be honest. This action had been in the works for a while. This shooting is just a scapegoat. 

That's true here too.  Lots of bills already written and sitting on a shelf.  Press conference speeches already written.  Talking points for all members of the party drafted. Just waiting for the next tragedy to implement the plan.

• Agree 6

11 minutes ago, The_Matrix said:

What will happen to all those who currently own the firearms.

I think the new law says you can't have any.

Poor bastards.

The info I read said that everyone had 2 years to comply. The Queen of Canada has said that the government will pay "fair" value for the guns when people turn them in.

Guns used were a shotgun... which he likely acquired in the US illegally. After he killed the RCMP officer, he was in possession of her sidearm and rifle. He did not have any firearms license in Canada. Suspect also had ties to the town where our port is located.

I personally want to see them start arguing about us carrying our duty guns while in Canada; whether we are transporting someone back to CBSA or heading thru Canada to one of our outports. COVID is getting them all worried about us crossing, so I’m sure more US guns are going to be discussed.

When this went down, I was sitting on the border for Border Patrol... in an area where they had previous situations where they believe drugs were handed off. Pretty much, a US road dead ends, and a Canadian road run parallel to that road and the border (maybe 10’ apart). Came back to the port to talk with my supervisor... who said he was about to run another officer with an M4 due to the situation, but found out the suspect was dead before they got out there. Gave me the rundown of the events. Sort of pissed me off, since RCMP stopped by and talked for about 30 minutes prior to this... and suspect was impersonating an RCMP officer. Great communication... :good: 

For your reading displeasure, check out some of threads on www.canadiangunnutz.com to read the first hand  reaction of Canadian gun owners to this act of tyranny. They appear to be far more powerless than we are here to push back on something like this. Our 2nd Amendment protections matter more than ever, lest we become like Canada over time. Hopefully we will find out Monday whether Scotus will do the right thing to restore and protect it.

• Agree 1

What a stupid F'ing Asmahole.  He must be related to that moron in New Zealand.    Seems like all hands on deck for the Statists.  

32 minutes ago, Underdog said:

What a stupid F'ing Asmahole.  He must be related to that moron in New Zealand.    Seems like all hands on deck for the Statists.  

It’s all kingdom. Australia surprised me the most. New Zealand isn’t rilly complying. Canada... they always have sucked.. but I think the compliance rate in the north, and north west will be low

And here's the list:

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2020/2020-05-01-x3/pdf/g2-154x3.pdf

A quick look at this POS document shows pretty much EVERY AR platform rifle ever marketed. The list also includes the Beretta Storm series of carbines. Notably absent (at least to my reading) are the HiPoint carbines.

It also appears that both uppers and lowers are included in the ban.

Fidel's son has really done it this time. I hope it comes back to bite him in the balls, just like when Brad Pitt's dog 'acts defensively' near the end of  Once Upon A Time In Hollywood:

11 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

All I can say is - Trudeau has too much power and was able to bypass the legislature...

There will be lawsuits...

As opposed to all of our rogue governors?

15 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

All I can say is - Trudeau has too much power and was able to bypass the legislature...

There will be lawsuits...

It depends if they have a leg to stand on, and if the legislature agrees with Trudeau. It will be a waste of resources if they're on the ban bus as well, but I'd start with that before giving something else a "shot".

To quote a Canadian on Arfcom today:

"i'm of the opinion that we can't vot­e ourselves out of the issues Canada currentl­y faces

and we don't have free speech,­ so no soap box

we got one box left, a­nd two years to use it to some extent or anot­her"

So no ballot box, no soap box, and that only leaves the ammo box.

Coming to our own country next time the Dims win the electoral trifecta.

• Agree 2