Ray Ray

SCOTUS punts, again

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-supreme-court-relists-all-10-second-amendment-cases-considered-in-fridays-conference/

Supreme court just relisted all 10 2A cases under consideration. The theory was that they punted on the NY case last week to hear one of the 10 cases before the court.

They may still do it but I still maintain the only way we'll get a favorable 2A decision is if a rep president appoints all 9 justices. We may get a 5-4 decision then.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Greenday said:

Does it really take 20 minutes to say they chose not to hear the arguments at this time but maybe in the future?

But them how do you expect to find out about the guy's back? And that's as far as I made it. This ain't a Dear Abby and I ain't got time for that.

1 hour ago, Greenday said:

Does it really take 20 minutes to say they chose not to hear the arguments at this time but maybe in the future?

I agree, the first few minutes of drama are unnecessary but the meat of the video is good.

• Like 1

I have donated to Mark Cheeseman's case and have followed the other cases as well. Sadly, I feel the only option for those seeking relief would be to move to one of the other 43  "Shall Issue" states. I have very little hope that the supreme court will take, review, and rule on a case that impacts "may issue/no issue" states. Relief may have to come from within or may it never come at all.

19 minutes ago, WP22 said:

I don't know if you are serious or not.

But, I'm not shocked. I was expecting it. When they let NYC bend them over like bitches, nothing they do surprises me.

Yup, I expect nothing significant until Robert's is overruled with another conservative being placed on the courts.

49 minutes ago, WP22 said:

I don't know if you are serious or not.

But, I'm not shocked. I was expecting it. When they let NYC bend them over like bitches, nothing they do surprises me.

i am not. that was 1,000% sarcasm. i pretty much had a gut feeling they were gonna do this.

At least all but 1 still are alive. I don't know why Beers was mooted.

Of interest is that they rejected Kelsay v. Ernst and Jessop v. City of Fresno, both qualified immunity cases.

Kelsay reads as contempt of cop, with a predictable outcome for Kelsay - and the cop is, naturally, immune from lawsuit.

In Jessop, police on a search warrant stole a rare coin collection. Not only is it acceptable that they did so, but they are immune from a lawsuit. 

It comes down to being able to point to a historical case in your circuit where the court held the public official was not protected.

So in Jessop, the police were immune because there is no case that says police who steal are not immune.

31 minutes ago, b47356 said:

Of interest is that they rejected Kelsay v. Ernst and Jessop v. City of Fresno, both qualified immunity cases.

There are a few cases before the court that deals with qualified immunity. Hopefully (there I go again) the court drives a stake thru the heart of that abomination that has no legal basis to exist. Qualified immunity is a fabrication of the judiciary and only exists because the branch that created it say so.

But, hope springs eternal, they say.

52 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Scotus punts yet again.......new date for conference is 5/28/20. I can't really say I'm surprised, NJ will be last(if ever) to get "shall issue" conceal carry. 

Link?