Cheflife15

Driving to friends private property to shoot

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

You're fine.  Transport the same as though you were going to/from any other range.

Has your friend verified that his property is in a municipality that does NOT have a "no-discharge" law?

Trying to find out now. He has 28 acres in kingwood township. Is it shady to just call the local police and ask? I know nj cops love allowing us guns 

Edit: just called the state police and they said its fine. Just transport same way as to the range. 

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

My friend has a farm

That right there is an exemption, different rules for farms, usually.  Additionally, if your friend is in Baptistown, Barbertown, Byram, Idell, Milltown, Point Breeze, Treasure Island, Tumble or Tumble Falls, the farm is in an unincorporated section, outside the city limits,  and not subject to a NDF. 

Just now, Scorpio64 said:

That right there is an exemption, different rules for farms, usually.  Additionally, if your friend is in Baptistown, Barbertown, Byram, Idell, Milltown, Point Breeze, Treasure Island, Tumble or Tumble Falls, the farm is in an unincorporated section, outside the city limits,  and not subject to a NDF. 

It's a family farm. So not being a subject to ndf means we're good correct? 

Ps this state sucks. 

24 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

means we're good correct? 

IANAL, but, in my personal opinion, if the farm is 450' or farther from a park, school, or playground, you are 99% GTG.

https://www.kingwoodtownship.com/KT_Committee/2014/Ordinances/Kingwood_Ord 18-12-2014_Safety_Zone_(updated 10.7.14).pdf

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

IANAL, but, in my personal opinion, if the farm is 450' or farther from a park, school, or playground, you are 99% GTG.

https://www.kingwoodtownship.com/KT_Committee/2014/Ordinances/Kingwood_Ord 18-12-2014_Safety_Zone_(updated 10.7.14).pdf

So is it considered a "range" when talking about transport? Im reading the law as I can only drive the firearm to a place of residence, a target range, or gunsmith

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

So is it considered a "range" when talking about transport? Im reading the law as I can only drive the firearm to a place of residence, a target range, or gunsmith

Don't get yourself all worked-up trying to decipher NJ gun law as written.  Instead, do yourself a favor & study the EXEMPTIONS & EXCEPTIONS for they are your FRIENDS!  Some NJ gun laws are in direct conflict with others.  Some make no sense whatsoever.  Like having to be 18 years old to BUY a long gun but you can take it on your bicycle (I.E.:  UNLOADED & cased) on hunting excursion w/o adult supervision IF you have a hunting license and you're hunting in-season.

If the NJSP in Kingwood don't care (you already unzipped your fly by calling them, right?) then why keep asking questions?  FWIW there's a private club I've shot at in Kingwood.  So there is NOT a "No Discharge Ordinance" there!  When you go to the farm, remember to stop at Speedwell Targets, just down the road from NJSP Barracks in Kingwood :)   Cardboard, paper & steel targets.  They take paper & plastic, but call ahead to make sure you don't need an appointment to tour their giant warehouse!  Tell Robert that Rosey sent you! 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Zeke said:

King wood. Norf and souf of 12 is gunshots all weekend. I’ve shot at 2 locations in kingwood. Just don’t shoot the planes landing at sky manor.

Don't want the FAA gettin' their panties in a bunch neither!  LOL!

Kingwood.  It's ALMOST Free America!

~R

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

Trying to find out now. He has 28 acres in kingwood township. Is it shady to just call the local police and ask? I know nj cops love allowing us guns 

Edit: just called the state police and they said its fine. Just transport same way as to the range. 

Nice, you're golden.  Can I come too?

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

And we never leave

I wish you all could've come! Do you guys do forum meet ups? Im actually not a terrible first time shooter. I guess working on my grip and dry firing at home actually made me ok to start. 

I drew about a 8 inch circle and hit in it or close to it 9 out of 10 times from about 8 yards. Not great but ill get better. 

On 5/5/2020 at 9:59 AM, Cheflife15 said:

My friend has a farm with a couple acres that he shoots at regularly. Am i allowed to bring my gun to and from that location to shoot? Or do i have ti be going to an open range to shoot? 

Remove any gun or hunting related stickers from your vehicle. Some retard cops think an NRA sticker or similar constitutes probable cause to scream at you and threaten you in an attempt to coerce consent to search your vehicle. BTDT. Gun in trunk unloaded. Proceed to destination. Enjoy your day.

• Agree 1
  • FacePalm 1
  • Disagree 2

I have to be honest, im still curious about the "Legality" of the trip. Its considered ok to shoot there and i was invited on private property. Is the transportation of the pistol 100 percent legal to do so ? 

Any websites to check out exemptions and exceptions? 

I want to be prepared, just incase. 

57 minutes ago, NickySantoro said:

Remove any gun or hunting related stickers from your vehicle. Some retard cops think an NRA sticker or similar constitutes probable cause to scream at you and threaten you in an attempt to coerce consent to search your vehicle. BTDT. Gun in trunk unloaded. Proceed to destination. Enjoy your day.

I see you're STILL at it, lol!  Such BS you spew!  Why do you insist on spewing your opinions as if they're facts?  When is the last time a Cop screamed at YOU or threatened YOU?  Or is this more Road Warrior MYTH & not FACT? 

And why do you insist upon preying on new people & those new to the shooting sports?

HELLO!  Cops wear cameras nowadays, so abusing drivers is a job-ender.

FWIW my Mercury Grand Marquis (affectionately known as "The War Wagon") is held together w/ NRA, BSA, USPSA, IDPA, college, Wounded Warrior, and other stickers I've forgotten about.  Most are gun related.  

9 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

I see you're STILL at it, lol!  Such BS you spew!  Why do you insist on spewing your opinions as if they're facts?  When is the last time a Cop screamed at YOU or threatened YOU?  Or is this more Road Warrior MYTH & not FACT? 

And why do you insist upon preying on new people & those new to the shooting sports?

HELLO!  Cops wear cameras nowadays, so abusing drivers is a job-ender.

FWIW my Mercury Grand Marquis (affectionately known as "The War Wagon") is held together w/ NRA, BSA, USPSA, IDPA, college, Wounded Warrior, and other stickers I've forgotten about.  Most are gun related.  

So what he’s sayin' @Smokin .50 is that I shouldn’t drive this to the range or the hunting woods???

I'll take my chances......... :B:):

Ron

473EFAA1-161D-4E5D-9210-18617255C629.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

So what he’s sayin' @Smokin .50 is that I shouldn’t drive this to the range or the hunting woods???

I'll take my chances......... :B:):

Ron

473EFAA1-161D-4E5D-9210-18617255C629.jpeg

My God son, you gotta step-up yer GAME!  No Terrorist Hunting Permit, lol?  j/k

EricauBird 3" X 4" Federal Terrorist Hunting Permit Die Cut Decal USA United States Quote Wall Decal Beauty Wall Sticker as a Gift to Your Friend Children Lover

WELL DONE!

~R

• Like 1