Malsua

WTS Pallets

I know this is a long shot here but anyway....

I have somewhere between 250 and 300 pallets I need to get rid of.

These are your basic 48"x40" 4-way pallets.   They are in various states of disrepair, most are still usable, we just cannot use them because UPS freight requires pallets that are not broken in any fashion and all of these have something going on one way or another.  They all burn too.

We can even load them on your truck via a dock.

$40 for all of it.   It's really free, but I gotta buy a couple pizzas for the guys who will load it for you.

pallets1.jpg

pallets2.jpg

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

There are guys that take them and sell them to local factories and distributors.  They make a lot of money, pallets are worth a nice chunk of change.

Yeah, know a guy? 

I've had thieves come into the back in the past, it's the whole reason I have the cameras up back there and we close the gate now.

I've got a 53' trailer load of about 500 on the way, I need to get these out of here.

On 5/8/2020 at 9:50 PM, Golf battery said:

Try poor boy pallets in s jersey.  Maybe Bridgeton area.  Thats what they do.   Just went on their website.  You gotta check out the picks.  The one employee is even wearing a bangers gun shop hoodie.  

Tried these guys today,  probably too far for them to bother.

I can't get anyone to respond.    I tried Ray's link there plus a half dozen other google links.   I'd put them out with a free sign on it but someone would probably get a splinter and sue us.

8 hours ago, maintenanceguy said:

We have a warehouse at work.  We just put them on the curb and they disappear by morning.

We can't do that due to insurance reasons.

We had thieves coming into the back yard in the past and when Insurance found out about it, they made us close the gate in case someone got hurt. 

38 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Craigslist for FREE.

This.   Every time I've got crap to get rid of and I'm contemplating having to buy a bulk waste disposal permit from my town, I first list it in the free section of Craigslist.  So far, I've not found anything that someone won't take, and since it's free, there is no time wasted negotiating price, and I don't even have to be home when they come to get it.  I just leave it on the lawn.   And then it's gone.

Just now, 10X said:

This.   Every time I've got crap to get rid of and I'm contemplating having to buy a bulk waste disposal permit from my town, I first list it in the free section of Craigslist.  So far, I've not found anything that someone won't take, and since it's free, there is no time wasted negotiating price, and I don't even have to be home when they come to get it.  I just leave it on the lawn.   And then it's gone.

The problem is the quantity.  I'm just not motivated to deal with a bunch of tire-kickers who want 2 pallets.    I've contacted about 8 pallet recyclers so far.  1 has responded and said no thanks, too far of a drive.    

If friends or people on here want a couple of pallets, that's not an issue.  Dealing with strangers who make a plan to meet you, swear up and down they are coming and then never show up is an entirely different story.

18 minutes ago, Malsua said:

The problem is the quantity.  I'm just not motivated to deal with a bunch of tire-kickers who want 2 pallets.    I've contacted about 8 pallet recyclers so far.  1 has responded and said no thanks, too far of a drive.    

If friends or people on here want a couple of pallets, that's not an issue.  Dealing with strangers who make a plan to meet you, swear up and down they are coming and then never show up is an entirely different story.

Fair point.   I sell fewer and fewer things on Craigslist, for exactly the reasons you mention.  And it's very possible I have such great success with Craigslist Free because I either don't have multiples, or I've only got a couple, not huge numbers.

You may be able to donate them to a steam tourist railroad like the bel-del in phillipsburg for them to burn firing up the locomotive, and get a tax write off.  They won't come pick them up, though.  I haul mine to a railroad I'm affiliated with and they go up in smoke :)

On 5/8/2020 at 3:16 PM, njJoniGuy said:

Can I suggest a good old fashioned college (RHIoT-style) bonfire? Maybe State Street in Trenton? Maybe Drumthwacket?

https://photos.rose-hulman.edu/Homecoming/Homecoming-2019/Bonfire/i-RWksMwD/

RHIT_Homecoming_2019_Bonfire-7197.jpg

Ah, yes.  I've seen a few of those.  And I helped build one.   Structurally, they're all railroad ties...an enormous number of railroad ties, always with an outhouse positioned on top, and always with a novel method for lighting the thing.   I think pallets and anything else the students can find get added to the interior as added fuel.  That, and a hundred gallons or so of kerosene and/or diesel.

I also saw the one linked below go up in 2010.   I was right up against the fence, waaaaay too close, but I had no idea how they were going to light it.  It was pretty impressive.    And these are built by the freshmen!

Rose-Hulman 2010 bonfire-explosive ignition

The year before that, the bonfire was comparatively small, but the engineers built a freakishly-accurate trebuchet to light it.

Rose-Hulman 2009 bonfire

I was only there for the 1972 bonfire, waaaay before cell phones and digital cameras. But it was impressive as hell, to me, as a Philly boy.

Can you imagine if there was one on the front lawn of Drumthwacket? :danced:

It would send a helluva message to the Gopher!

17 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

Can you imagine if there was one on the front lawn of Drumthwacket? :danced:

It would send a helluva message to the Gopher!

It should, but he'd just retreat to his villa in Italy, while waiting for the lawn to be re-sodded at taxpayer expense...