SmittyMHS

Lets open the ranges

I picked up my new Sig today and ask the owner if he's heard anything about letting him open. Of course not...But while we were tossing around how stupid it is, I told him to just open the range. What can they do to him? A fine? Maybe. but for??? They can't take anything away like the restaurants liquor license. Its not a federal thing so the ATF doesn't come into play. Whats everyone think? I got him thinking.

1 hour ago, njJoniGuy said:

Given the kind of dick the Gopher is, I expect the rub-n-tugs and the dirty bookstores to get the okay to open before the ranges do. :angry:

After 2 months of quarantine single guys with no night life available might need those to open.

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

I still contest that outdoor private ranges are not even part of the shutdown.

You are correct. Those that voluntarily shut down are collaborators.  ANJRPC should never have dropped their suit.

All businesses that were arbitrarily labeled as non-essential should file a class action suit for immediately relief at the federal level.

there is a pastor form Caldwell suing him and I think a rabbi joined on as well for there cause.

Our problem is that we will never win because the fractured nature of our many clubs.

every time I see a landscaper working and my wife and kids are forced to sit home and earn no money it burns me up especially given the fact that most of  these  are illegals.

I want to know the criteria that the asshole governor used to decide,   what's the difference between an outdoor range or indoor range for that matter and shop-rite if everyone uses their masks if even necessary.  If I spend 1 hour shopping and 1 hour shooting whats my exposure chances.    what scientific data did the fuhrer use.  

I am member of expensive shooting private club (no name, sorry) and they rushed closing all same day back in March to make this government happy. Sure we are paid hefty membership fees already and will not get any refunds and they don't care if ranges are closed basically, I understand. But could they take their ass and at least ask for May 25 week-end to reopen? 

I know we all want go go shooting as that's our hobby and right and I'm no different,   new AR build.    This shut down is alot more than shooting ranges.

The asshole governor and equally asshole AG are trying to extort money from the trump administration to balance the failed liberal policies employed by these states and cities since the mid 1960's.

all businesses deemed non-essential should be banding together TODAY and file a federal suit.   What scientific data is the state using to determine what is essential what is not.    These asshole blue state governors need to be put in their place now. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

9 minutes ago, revenger said:

I know we all want go go shooting as that's our hobby and right and I'm no different,   new AR build.    This shut down is alot more than shooting ranges.

The asshole governor and equally asshole AG are trying to extort money from the trump administration to balance the failed liberal policies employed by these states and cities since the mid 1960's.

all businesses deemed non-essential should be banding together TODAY and file a federal suit.   What scientific data is the state using to determine what is essential what is not.    These asshole blue state governors need to be put in their place now. 

This is spot on, you can see the alignment/ collusion in their rhetoric and policies. 

I also belong to CJRPC and as others have said, even on a busy day it is very easy to social distance while outside.  The range could even put in place what we have learned to call "social distancing engineering measures" such as limiting the number of people on the range, closing off every other bench on the range, limiting the pits to 3 or less people, do the same with the shotgun areas as well.

I am responsible for a back to work plan for 60K people and if we can do this for closed office buildings, in a safe and efficient manner, outdoor ranges are extremely easy!

Owners of clubs should go and talk to the government and pressure on them, this is their job, mine club boss sent two emails since march saying - outdoor range is still closed, what did they do to reopen? Why golfs clubs are open and not ranges? Because they are doing something!

Non essential “businesses” ordered to shut down.......is a private club a business? Especially the outdoor ones... I’d say no....sure shut down any indoor areas of these clubs like clubhouses etc....not being a business do they fall under that business direction? Seems as though the clubs are doing this under advisement or their legal counsel/fear of liability 

there must be a statewide private small business association not tied to trenton that should be organizing a class action lawsuit to a federal level court for an immediate injunction until the state can show that there is scientific data available to support there bias decisions and selective methods to decide who opens and who closes.

at a private membership range,  the people coming and going  are very much controlled  by the nature of their membership,  therefore if a member was diagnosed as positive the leadership could easily send out a notice by phone or e-mail advising of diagnosis.

If you go shopping at the big box store and a shopper or employee exposes others than there is absolutely no way to accurately pin it down  and advise others of  the diagnosis.   

bottom line,    ranges are safer as are other small businesses.

3 hours ago, leo-польд said:

I am member of expensive shooting private club (no name, sorry) and they rushed closing all same day back in March to make this government happy. Sure we are paid hefty membership fees already and will not get any refunds and they don't care if ranges are closed basically, I understand. But could they take their ass and at least ask for May 25 week-end to reopen? 

If my club didn't extend my membership for the length of time they were closed they would no longer get my money.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, brucin said:

If my club didn't extend my membership for the length of time they were closed they would no longer get my money.

I heard even car insurance companies are giving refunds if you don't drive while corona time. Yes it is normal but I am fine if they reopen Memorial week end at least. Longer is nuts...

On 5/8/2020 at 11:25 PM, JackDaWack said:

I still contest that outdoor private ranges are not even part of the shutdown.

I agree and believe these clubs closed on their own volition or legal councils recommendation to avoid potential problems from a member blaming contraction on the club. Or buying into the #alonetogether #beaherodestroytheeconomy and think they are “saving lives” lol

4 hours ago, Dave Archibald said:

CJ member here also! Have to keep pestering your state senator and the gopher to open. Driving me crazy. Have a new M1 want to warm up!

Pester them for what? How could they tell clubs that chose to close under their own decision to reopen? The ones to pester would be your club management team ...to follow the federal guidelines and not hide under faux “state mandate”  they closed by their own interpretation of the “non essential BUSINESS” mandate...... but a private club is not a business....and outdoor clubs would not fall under violation of social distancing etc.....indoor shooting ranges are usually attached to a gun shop...which is a business and would violate the social distancing crap.....

but as with everything in life...those in control get to make the rules...whether it’s government or Barney’s shoot club....