17 hours ago, sgtdave4321 said:

Does anyone have one of these? If so what do you think of it? I see alot of posts about the Troy , but not much on the Radical. Any info is appreciated , pics would be geat also. Thanks!

Buy one, you'll thank us later.

• Informative 1

It a low end "other", by low end I mean price. Clearly, at this price, its components are all basic. As with anything, depends on what you want to spend. Figure out what it would cost to either buy or build with exactly what you want in it  and compare to the price of this to decide which way you want to go. Of course, if you go for this, you can always upgrade some parts later, but you would need to factor that into the ultimate decision. 

So help a simple-minded person out.

I get that it is not a rifle and it is not a pistol, therefore...it is an "other" and legal in NJ.

Can you shoot it from the shoulder, or can you only shoot it via the brace strapped to your arm?

11 minutes ago, dajonga said:

So help a simple-minded person out.

I get that it is not a rifle and it is not a pistol, therefore...it is an "other" and legal in NJ.

Can you shoot it from the shoulder, or can you only shoot it via the brace strapped to your arm?

Any way you want!!

Spoke directly to Radical about these. Their distributor for our area is Elite111 in Connecticut. Contacted them and their new shipment arrives in a few weeks, so I  have one being sent to FSS Armory for me. Honestly they have the best price around on these even with shipping  and after NICS. Give them a call. They said they have rolling orders ongoing as a distributor and will place you on the list. A friend picked one up in .300 from an in state dealer, and I've had an opportunity t check it out. Honestly, fit and finish not dissimilar to the Troy, without having to pay the fan-boy prices. It's worth the buy. Looking forward to getting mine in hand

11 minutes ago, tower06 said:

Spoke directly to Radical about these. Their distributor for our area is Elite111 in Connecticut. Contacted them and their new shipment arrives in a few weeks, so I  have one being sent to FSS Armory for me. Honestly they have the best price around on these even with shipping  and after NICS. Give them a call. They said they have rolling orders ongoing as a distributor and will place you on the list. A friend picked one up in .300 from an in state dealer, and I've had an opportunity t check it out. Honestly, fit and finish not dissimilar to the Troy, without having to pay the fan-boy prices. It's worth the buy. Looking forward to getting mine in hand

I would assume you friend (along with some NJGF members) got his .300 from me, since I'm the NJ Dealer.............

JT I wish you were close to me cause I would use your ass every day of the week if I could. Unfortunately you are not. You do a great job to our community from what I see. Thank you brother. 

12 hours ago, InFamous said:

JT I wish you were close to me cause I would use your ass every day of the week if I could. Unfortunately you are not. You do a great job to our community from what I see. Thank you brother. 

Thank you for the kind words - we try to make our customers happy!

7 hours ago, InFamous said:

I’m just not a fan of the SB3 brace. I love the SB4. 77F6A2DD-5548-47B7-BFC4-1379221DEFB8.jpeg.6a695d2c1c0a9c26c4f52937b0ab4e37.jpeg

Here's my 16" AR and my "Other", built with the SB4 brace. It comes in just over 7" shorter than my AR.

Personally, I think the SBPDW would be best brace option on these.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tower06 said:

Personally, I think the SBPDW would be best brace option on these.

Depends. I have one on a 14.5" other.. 

The LOP is way too short to be usable for me even on the second position. I liked the idea when the extended brace was part of the measurement.. but now it just means you need to use a longer barrel. I dont see the benefits here unless its on a free state ar pistol.

So anyone have any more experience or input on the radical other? 

Does it shoot well, not jam and overall operates as it should? 

I have on order (very long back order for a DSI) but this radical is tempting. Especially when you add in the change over to our government that is most likely happening 

We have sold over 200 FO-13 in the past year and not One (1) warranty return!

We have had a few people say they were short stroking , but it always turned out they were using .223, so it is a Multi cal gun but it needs to be broken in with 5.56 for the first 100 - 150 rds - then Good to go!

9 minutes ago, pbcarch said:

So anyone have any more experience or input on the radical other? 

Does it shoot well, not jam and overall operates as it should? 

I have on order (very long back order for a DSI) but this radical is tempting. Especially when you add in the change over to our government that is most likely happening 

I got my Radical other from JT and am very happy with it. No problems with the gun, it runs good.

• Thanks 1

Just now, JT Custom Guns said:

We have had a few people say they were short stroking , but it always turned out they were using .223, so it is a Multi cal gun but it needs to be broken in with 5.56 for the first 100 - 150 rds - then Good to go!

Uhhhhh what?  Most likely they were firing it out of the box without cleaning/lubing?  I've never had to "break in" an AR with 5.56 over .223...  Any issues were probably with lack of cleaning/lubrication.