On 7/1/2020 at 5:03 PM, SJG said:

It a low end "other", by low end I mean price. Clearly, at this price, its components are all basic. As with anything, depends on what you want to spend. Figure out what it would cost to either buy or build with exactly what you want in it  and compare to the price of this to decide which way you want to go. Of course, if you go for this, you can always upgrade some parts later, but you would need to factor that into the ultimate decision. 

basic as in - Base model? With Troy you get sights, with Radical we sell the F/U sights as an option

Radical with optional F/u Sights is still $500.00 less than Troy............

39 minutes ago, SJG said:

They are ok for a basic other. They fit the budget of lots of shooters. Usually you get what you pay for

Again with  the 'basic other"?

Troy is so good they give you a 1 year warranty - Radical is Lifetime!

Mfg doesn't offer lifetime warranty on junk, yo udo get what you pay for, and Radical is a good value for the money.....

No, FFL is not going to sell you something that State Police are going to arrest you for. State Police are not going to review every manufacturers "other" . The specs meet the criteria. 

4 hours ago, JT Custom Guns said:

We have sold over 200 FO-13 in the past year and not One (1) warranty return!

We have had a few people say they were short stroking , but it always turned out they were using .223, so it is a Multi cal gun but it needs to be broken in with 5.56 for the first 100 - 150 rds - then Good to go!

huh?

ok so can anyone explain to me the differences between these "other" ARs? they vary in price so much that its ridiculous. 

Ones that are in the mix: Radical, MM, DSI, Troy, lwrc ( i am sure there may be more) 

I am a bolt guy (archery as well) and i know the differences there but ARs are all new to me and some of these guys make their own parts others do not. 

Each mfg posts the specs of their  other on their website. You can compare the specs and the price. Focus on what is in your price point and then when you eliminated what you don't want then post for comments. Your question is presently too broad to address

7 hours ago, pbcarch said:

ok so can anyone explain to me the differences between these "other" ARs? they vary in price so much that its ridiculous. 

Ones that are in the mix: Radical, MM, DSI, Troy, lwrc ( i am sure there may be more) 

I am a bolt guy (archery as well) and i know the differences there but ARs are all new to me and some of these guys make their own parts others do not. 

The AR platform is one example when the price is not always tied to quality. Most of the players buy the receivers, BCG, Barrel and almost all the other parts from a few companies, and even many parts that are branded as a specific brand name come from same large manufacturers that offer branded parts to their clients. If you look at the parts installed in the AR that you like and figure out who made them that will give you a good idea about quality...

16 hours ago, El Jefe said:

The AR platform is one example when the price is not always tied to quality. Most of the players buy the receivers, BCG, Barrel and almost all the other parts from a few companies, and even many parts that are branded as a specific brand name come from same large manufacturers that offer branded parts to their clients. If you look at the parts installed in the AR that you like and figure out who made them that will give you a good idea about quality...

Thanks! 

Yes i see some companys like DSI make their owner uppers and lowers, CBG and barrels and many other parts i believe. They seems to bring in things like grips and arm brace. They seem to list most parts as DSI .

Then when i look at other companys its not as clear and I dont know what parts are quality parts or not from other sources. I know from my bolt guns both stock and custom...things like Bartlein barrels, cut vs button rifling , timney triggers vs trigger tech vs B&A, control round feed vs push..etc .

MM seems to make some of their own stuff but source others, same for Troy and seems to be the same for Radical 

So what are the "good" manufacturers of other parts? 

ARs seems to be bunch of parts just trying to figure out what parts are good