Shepherd9

Radian Build

6 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Nice Shephard9!

Looks like my ADM lower.

Would you flip it over and post a photo of the other side?

Thanks

20200513_094250.jpg

8 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

How much are these costing over standard lowers?  They make great charging handles too, by the way.

$370.  But it does include the Talon safety selector, takedown pins and all bolt catch and mag release hardware so... not the worst price I've seen for a billet  lower.

Love their charging handles, have them on all my rifles.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

I need another lower like I need another hole in my head, but the ambi controls are awesome.

Yeah, pretty much the same...  Building one more rifle that will barely fit in my crowded safe.  Now I'll need to buy a bigger safe next.

But then the new safe will have too much space so I'll buy another lower.  And the process continues.

12 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Holy shit! I just looked it up - that’s a $375 lower.

Jeebus!

No, no, no.  Like I said earlier, includes the talon safety, take down pins and all mag/bolt catch hardware.  So it's more like a $295 lower!!!!!

Totally worth it and don't let my wife know.

3 hours ago, Shepherd9 said:

No, no, no.  Like I said earlier, includes the talon safety, take down pins and all mag/bolt catch hardware.  So it's more like a $295 lower!!!!!

Totally worth it and don't let my wife know.

Okay, so it's a semi complete ambi lower at 375?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Lol! One of my biggest fears is that I die before my wife and she sells all my guns for what I told her I spent on them.

I always ‘dropped a zero’....if something cost $3000, if she asked....it was $300. 

We are in a similar boat...your secret is safe with me. Lol

• Like 1

That's a pretty sweet lower! I might need to get my hands on that bolt catch if it can be used on Aero lowers. I've seen the light recently and have been buying Radian Talon safeties. Once you go short throw, you can't go back. :B:): I might have to give the Raptor charging handle a try for my current .300 BLK pistol build, although the MSRP isn't much different than the Geissele SCH and ACH I have in my other rifles.

Well I had ordered a Wilson Combat 14.7" barrel and had them "armor tuff" coat it in burnt bronze.  Looks awesome on the gun but I simply took for granted that it would have 1/2x24 threads.  Turns out this model (with 1:7 twist) was the only 5.56 they made with 5/8x24 threads.  So now I have to wait for a new muzzle brake to get here so I can have it pinned before finishing this thing.

Will be going with another surefire but in .270 cal.  Was the smallest brake with 5/8 threads I could fine.  

Just waiting on optics.  Holosun 510C w/ magnifier on the way.

- Radian Model 1 lower, upper, and handguard 

- Wilson Combat 14.7 barrel w/ Surefire Socom brake (will pick up a warden as well)

- JP adj. gas block

- Sharps Rifle Co. Enhanced BCG

- Geissele SSA trigger

20200802_170120.jpg

20200802_170207.jpg

20200802_170441.jpg

20200802_170837.jpg

• Like 3