Cheflife15

Used handguns

8 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I just put in for 3 more permits as i have the itch. Figured i may save some money and pick up a used gun or 2 to expand my soon to be collection. Any tips? Favorite places to look?

You sir, are a man of taste. The kind of man who enjoys the finer side of life....the kind of man who appreciates HK....:peep:

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Displaced Texan said:

You sir, are a man of taste. The kind of man who enjoys the finer side of life....the kind of man who appreciates HK....:peep:

Im assuming that is heckler and koch? I was eyeing up the p30l Actually. Any opinions on this? 

And i may catch some heat on this but im also interested in trying a glock 34

9 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Im assuming that is heckler and koch? I was eyeing up the p30l Actually. Any opinions on this? 

And i may catch some heat on this but im also interested in trying a glock 34

Yes, I meant Heckler and Koch. Nice pistols, but honestly, I prefer Glock. They fit my hand better. 

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Oh Christ! He prolly wants to sell you his...

Nah...I don’t sell guns...I always regret it when I do. I can’t shoot it, but I rather like my HK USP .40 Compact 

18 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Yes, I meant Heckler and Koch. Nice pistols, but honestly, I prefer Glock. They fit my hand better. 

Nah...I don’t sell guns...I always regret it when I do. I can’t shoot it, but I rather like my HK USP .40 Compact 

How is it finding ammo for other platforms? I feel like 9mm is the easiest to find. 

Also feel like id constantly be going for guns with longer barrels as i assume they're more accurate? Longer site etc? 

7 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

You need a S&W Revolver. Nuff said.

Are there any left?  I'd heard someone was buying 'em all up.    :icon_e_wink:

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

I definitely want to fire a revolver before purchasing one. 

I'm curious how you guys feel about police trade ins. Seems like most have more holster wear than anything else. 

Not many departments or agencies use revolvers anymore, so getting harder to find trade-in. When you do they are usually Model 10's or Model 64's - fixed sight, 4" barreled K-frames in .38 Spl. A good basic gun. But even these are climbing in value. Spend a little more and get a nice Model 15 or Model 67 - the adjustable sighted versions of the 10/64.

Gun Broker, Guns America or Guns International are all good sources.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Not to change the subject, but anybody have experience with the Ruger LCR in 9mm w/ 3" barrel?

Look for a used Ruger Speed Six.  I wish there were more grip options available for these mini tanks.  As a side note, Ruger no longer services them so choose a nice one.  Hardly anything ever goes wrong with them, anyway.  If you want adjustable sights, I think that is the Service Six.