eyeinstine

Big scores and deals thread!

Figured i start a thread that may carry on for awhile.. A place to post up and brag about any recents scores or deals you found. I have had a few good scores as i have been trying to acquiring reloading equipment and supplies for the past few months. Some of my prior scores i posted in previous threads that went off track.. I wont repost those deals, but i will BRAG about todays scores!  Check out below and post up your own deal scores!

1st pic..  Full closed box of shotgun primers and a sealed bag of the 1oz wads i was needing!

2nd pic. Various random fired brass.. All sorts. Some odd balls.. I bought for the couple calibers i do plan to load for, and also bought for the brass with original boxes. may come in handy for reloads at certain ranges. ;-)

3rd and 4th pics. Chitload of various bullets.. All sorts of calibers. Overwhelming majority i DONT need or reload for. If you see something real interesting, hit me up.

5th pic. Whole bunch o'primers (and some sort of neck sizing bushings).. over 5,000 various primers..

These were bought as four seperate box lots.. Primers, bullets, brass, shotgun hulls & primers..   i wont tell how much individually 'cause you guys will call me a criminal. Lets just say EVERYTHING was had for about 130$ out the door...   :hi:

IMG_5651.jpg

IMG_5652.jpg

IMG_5653.jpg

IMG_5654.jpg

IMG_5655.jpg

47 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

I think the packaging is worth more than the primers!

I wonder what percentage of them would no longer pop?

The old ones are mostly empty. Though a few of them do have some remaining primers in them..  I don’t plan to use them. Was thinking of making/getting something sort of display case or box to put them in and show off.. I have some other old oddities I could add to the collection 

Nice score again!

finished up a project for a customer of mine. Got talking about firearms, specifically old military guns. Told him about the British Enfield .303 I had picked up for a song and that it came with about 120 rounds on clips. Date stamp on the heads of ‘52...  husband of the house tells me his wife has a enfield .303 that her father gave her, along with over 1,000 rounds of ammo.

So I finished the job, they gave me my final check, and the husband comes out and hands me this; 

B58875F6-8D58-4D90-BAAD-5DD1F81368FF.jpeg

41664BD6-8606-42F6-B4E2-6581CA491976.jpeg

B8C6805B-F8F9-4EF1-BCCB-9A8C09B6A51B.jpeg

• Like 2

The boxes are still factory taped and sealed shut! From 1966... Im gonna feel bad opening them up! Any reason not too? Are these worth something more to collectors as sealed?   Like i mentioned, i have about 120 rounds or so that i got with my enfield when i bough it. Im getting set up to reload all my calibers and already have .303 dies.. I picked up about 30 rounds of processed brass also.. So no real reason to have to open these sealed boxes, as i can reload those 150 or so rounds when need be.

We’ll if you all don’t hate me yet; I got another beyond SMOKIN’ score today..

started out as the 5000 LR primers and 1000 #209 primers for 100$..  got there, and he threw in ALL this these other gems for 20$ more!!!      All the dies are like brand new, case length gauges, powders, and miscellaneous shiit that I don’t even know what it is!   Im def going to be posting in the reloading trade thread. I have no use for this many primers or half the stuff he threw in..   in 6 months of acquiring reloading gear to get started, I’ve amassed quite a large collection of equipment, primers, and supplies..  still need some specific powders and projectiles though.  All this, and I havnt even reloaded my first round yet.  :-0

DA3DF380-CFF0-4888-B255-19D2155C2753.jpeg

9126A0B7-E6F2-4FF8-B0A7-D1F41F539911.jpeg

57FC34DF-1B14-44F7-97FA-E7A526412733.jpeg

BDF98C7A-1543-42DC-B0CC-2A407E3AFDCA.jpeg

On 7/11/2020 at 11:26 PM, eyeinstine said:

Nice score again!

finished up a project for a customer of mine. Got talking about firearms, specifically old military guns. Told him about the British Enfield .303 I had picked up for a song and that it came with about 120 rounds on clips. Date stamp on the heads of ‘52...  husband of the house tells me his wife has a enfield .303 that her father gave her, along with over 1,000 rounds of ammo.

So I finished the job, they gave me my final check, and the husband comes out and hands me this; 

B58875F6-8D58-4D90-BAAD-5DD1F81368FF.jpeg

41664BD6-8606-42F6-B4E2-6581CA491976.jpeg

B8C6805B-F8F9-4EF1-BCCB-9A8C09B6A51B.jpeg

That's PAKI AMMO....

Its crap....

Click...wait...wait...wait for it...maybe a boom.

It is loaded to Mk7 specs with cordite...not powder....cordite burns very hot..IF it ignites..

It is berdan primed....

I break it down for the heads...

It ain't worth spit...  :)

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

On 7/17/2020 at 11:09 PM, NJSigfan said:

Nice score!!!  And how is it that you’ve reloaded anything yet??

i know?! Crazy isnt it?!   I picked up one of those harbor freight two drawer work benches back in the fall as the start of my reloading and gun maintence table.  Its buried in shiit now that ive been acquiring stuff.. I was gonna try and organize and lay everything out as best i can for a picture or two! :rofl:

My wet tumbler just arived today, so i gotta get that opened up and set up too.. then ill be real close to FINALLY maybe reloading something! ironically, i have soooo much stuff, but still very limited to what i can actually reload becuase i am in need of some various projectiles, shell holders, and maybe powder(s) to cover most of my calibers.

On 7/18/2020 at 6:48 AM, USRifle30Cal said:

That's PAKI AMMO....

Its crap....

Click...wait...wait...wait for it...maybe a boom.

It is loaded to Mk7 specs with cordite...not powder....cordite burns very hot..IF it ignites..

It is berdan primed....

I break it down for the heads...

It ain't worth spit...  :)

Well thanks for sad news!  You debbie downer! :icon_lol:

I had to google up cordite and got a quick education on it. Pretty interesting actually!   Ive had the Enfield for about 5-6 years and have yet to even shoot the poor thing.. I'll give a few of the rounds a try for shiits and giggles..  Im just a plinker for fun kind of shooter, so if these things wont even suffice for that, then i will do as you did, and pull the projectiles and reload them in other brass that i have already aquired..  Being berdan primer, the brass from these rounds is junk to then..

Thanks for the info! :good:

On 7/18/2020 at 7:12 AM, Tunaman said:

Id be interested in all the 308 stuff.  Let me know.

PM coming your way to discuss... i owe ya one !

2 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

Well thanks for sad news!  You debbie downer! :icon_lol:

I had to google up cordite and got a quick education on it. Pretty interesting actually!   Ive had the Enfield for about 5-6 years and have yet to even shoot the poor thing.. I'll give a few of the rounds a try for shiits and giggles..  Im just a plinker for fun kind of shooter, so if these things wont even suffice for that, then i will do as you did, and pull the projectiles and reload them in other brass that i have already aquired..  Being berdan primer, the brass from these rounds is junk to then..

Thanks for the info! :good:

If the primer is weak - it will not fully detonate the cordite - you can pull the heads - clean out the cordite and drop new powder - the weak primer should have no issue with the detonation of the new propellent.  

• Informative 1

4 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

If the primer is weak - it will not fully detonate the cordite - you can pull the heads - clean out the cordite and drop new powder - the weak primer should have no issue with the detonation of the new propellent.  

Just so i understand fully;  pull the projectile, dump the cordite, pour proper amount and type of modern powder, reseat same projectile?

Then toss the berdan primer style brass after firing newly charge round....

2 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

Just so i understand fully;  pull the projectile, dump the cordite, pour proper amount and type of modern powder, reseat same projectile?

Then toss the berdan primer style brass after firing newly charge round....

Cordite doesn't get dumped out...it is packed in strands...then cover with a cardboard card...you have to work to get it out....i pry the cardboard card out...then use a dull small drill bit in a drill press....at slow speed to 'drill' into the cordite to loosen it up and pout it fish it into another bin...then clean the inside of the case with a bore brush...save the cordite...place in envelope...light edge of envelope and step back....step back and watch it flare up...

54 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Cordite doesn't get dumped out...it is packed in strands...then cover with a cardboard card...you have to work to get it out....i pry the cardboard card out...then use a dull small drill bit in a drill press....at slow speed to 'drill' into the cordite to loosen it up and pout it fish it into another bin...then clean the inside of the case with a bore brush...save the cordite...place in envelope...light edge of envelope and step back....step back and watch it flare up...

got it!  Thanks! 

And surely i would have planned on having a little fun with the cordite without your encouragement! :icon_lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

PS if you want to get rid of the bullet seating micrometer - lemme know :)

did some researching and figued out what it is! Not a seating mic. Here it is:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012974677?pid=767610

Seems i have a few misc redding parts.. some primer arm parts.. and this powder mount;

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012972230?pid=660765

2 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

did some researching and figued out what it is! Not a seating mic. Here it is:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012974677?pid=767610

Seems i have a few misc redding parts.. some primer arm parts.. and this mount mount;

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012972230?pid=660765

Cool !!!!