eyeinstine

Big scores and deals thread!

2 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

Well,,,, only cool if i had a use for them! Which i dont! :p  :icon_lol:

The redding 3br powder measure is a fine piece of equipment — now it seems you have an excuse to buy one — and you would get the one with the rifle micrometer, you all ready have the pistol mic

On 7/23/2020 at 1:11 AM, Heavyopp said:

The redding 3br powder measure is a fine piece of equipment — now it seems you have an excuse to buy one — and you would get the one with the rifle micrometer, you all ready have the pistol mic

ENABLER!!!        but i like your thinking!

:D :good:

Little update; getting closer to actually reloading a round or two!

Deprimed, sized, and polished up some 9mm brass.. HF dual drum tumbler with a shot of dawn and a sprinkle of lemi-shine. 2-3 hours in the tumbler and its perty! This is last nights batch, and i just finsihed up another batch this evening.

Stopped at the LGS and they have powders in stock.. Picked up a pound of each of these; should cover my bases of 9mm, 40, 38, 45acp and then .223.. 

IMG_6026.jpg

IMG_6027.jpg

IMG_6028.jpg

IMG_6029.jpg

IMG_6030.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 10:51 AM, Tunaman said:

You are officially ADDICTED to reloading!  Welcome to the club!:lol:

Yup..  Just what i needed.. another friggin' hobby...     My kids and GF already call me a hoarder and a pack rat, and complain about my yard and barn full of my 'treasures'! :D

Getting closer to laoding that first round!    Just need to find a way and time to shoot off some of the 1,000's of rounds of factory ammo i have on hand..  Range-14 finally reopened but looks like a real pain in the ass to just go and shoot with all the covid based rules in place.. really thinking it may be time to just spend the big bucks and join CJRPC.. its only 10 mins away and with my busy schedule i would be much better suited to shoot there than the limited times and days of range-14..

On another note, ya'll should go check my new thread on the press mount i just made.. :icon_e_wink:

ps. @Tunaman hope your package arrived safely and your happy with the purchase!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kc17 said:

If empty brass is the only thing holding you back from reloading your first rounds let me know. I'll give you some of mine, we're close. I can give you a tour of CJ too if you want now that we're allowed to bring guests again.

Thanks KC, im good on brass..  The only thing holding me back is the first time jitters! kinda like being 17 again. :p :icon_lol:

I have everything i need now that i picked up the powder the other day.. Just gotta find a free night to watch a few vid's for refreshers, look up some load data for what i have, and then get too it..  im a procrastinator, and this is surely no different knowing there is no room for error!

I may take you up on that tour! I have a few acquaintances that are members; including my next door neighbor.. But they dont seem to be as much of enthusiants as we nuts here on NJGF..  Shoot me a pm and let me know when you typically go to CJ and maybe we can make something work out..  :good:

Nice little score today from a friend..  about 99% of it is .223/556 brass. Some 6.5 creedmore and .308 mixed in. A few random pistol brass's too..

Probably 20 pounds or so...   Free, just have to give him the bucket back.. :D

IMG_6084.jpg

2 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

Nice little score today from a friend..  about 99% of it is .223/556 brass. Some 6.5 creedmore and .308 mixed in. A few random pistol brass's too..

Probably 20 pounds or so...   Free, just have to give him the bucket back.. :D

IMG_6084.jpg

You seem to have all the luck!  Sharing is a virtue you know:)  I actually fell into a GREAT deal not long ago! It included:

about 5,000 9mm brass

about 3,000 .40 brass

around 2,000 .45acp brass

about 1,000 .223 brass

500 .38 + 500 .357 brass

3lbs of Clays powder

3,000 bullets...45, .9mm and .38

A lee progressive press with dies and setup for 9mm and .45

A really nice Lyman tumbler with extra media and a timer!

Tons of ammo boxes, a bullet puller, a great scale and many other small extras.

Cost me whole $125.00 :yahoo:

• Crazy 1

9 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

You seem to have all the luck!  Sharing is a virtue you know:)  I actually fell into a GREAT deal not long ago! It included:

about 5,000 9mm brass

about 3,000 .40 brass

around 2,000 .45acp brass

about 1,000 .223 brass

500 .38 + 500 .357 brass

3lbs of Clays powder

3,000 bullets...45, .9mm and .38

A lee progressive press with dies and setup for 9mm and .45

A really nice Lyman tumbler with extra media and a timer!

Tons of ammo boxes, a bullet puller, a great scale and many other small extras.

Cost me whole $125.00 :yahoo:

You should be in prison you thief!!  Holy shiit thats a crazy insane package deal you got there!!

Sharing, maybe..  trading, surely! :D    I grab up any and all super good deals i may find, even if its for calibers i dont have.. Im bulding an inventory of trade fodder....  

• Like 1

Just a note:  After having played with the progressive press, I prefer my single stage!  I don't like the fact that the metering for the Clays powder was just too inconsistent for me, coupled with the fact that I want to SEE the powder level in EVERY round!

I use the progressive press to deprime and resize and set the new primer. I use my stand alone powder measure and finally, set the bullet with my single stage press. I know it takes more time but it makes me feel better about my end product!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

It was a store purchase (Fed)  and a trade with a guy at my gun club (CCI). I had plenty of LPP and sweetened the pot with a bunch of reloadable 7.62x39 brass I had no use fr

sweet!   Did you find them on the store shelf or was this a private purchase from someone selling out?

• Like 1

Whelp, a little score again and some bragging...  Though i passed on this back in april at 180$, ended up recontacting the seller and got it for 200$ now with 400 shotgun primers.. :D     Not the best deal price wise, but as powders are getting harder and harder to find local, and almost impossible to find stuff in more than 1 pound containers. These 12 pounds should last me a real longgggg time. May even out last me..  Very universal powder; ideal for 12ga reloads but great in .45acp. Also works well in 9mm, 38, .40, etc etc..

IMG_6484.jpg

IMG_6485.jpg

IMG_6486.jpg

33 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

Whelp, a little score again and some bragging...  Though i passed on this back in april at 180$, ended up recontacting the seller and got it for 200$ now with 400 shotgun primers.. :D     Not the best deal price wise, but as powders are getting harder and harder to find local, and almost impossible to find stuff in more than 1 pound containers. These 12 pounds should last me a real longgggg time. May even out last me..  Very universal powder; ideal for 12ga reloads but great in .45acp. Also works well in 9mm, 38, .40, etc etc..

IMG_6484.jpg

IMG_6485.jpg

IMG_6486.jpg

That's 84,000 grains...  7000 per 1lb

14fe0c2a4be599c840167d7be2e358d0.jpg

• Haha 1

<"That's 84,000 grains...  7000 per 1lb">

well hell, that wont be enough powder then.. At 3.0 grains starting load in 9mm, that will only get me about 28,000 rounds.....

Anyone have 28,000 small piston primers they want to part with???? :icon_lol:

Just now, eyeinstine said:

<"That's 84,000 grains...  7000 per 1lb">

well hell, that wont be enough powder then.. At 3.0 grains starting load in 9mm, that will only get me about 28,000 rounds.....

43 minutes ago, eyeinstine said:

IMG_6484.jpg

IMG_6485.jpg

IMG_6486.jpg

You do realize you are a selfish bastard! :lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

9mm, that will only get me about 28,000 rounds.....

28k rounds....   not that much..if you shoot

250 a month...  snicker...let's say 500 a month

56months...  sure isn't a lot

28k primers?  How much money you got?

;)

well dog gone done it again....

6000+ projectiles.. About half jacketed, half hard lead...

Mostly 10mm/40cal, .44, some .45 colt, 2 boxes .30 carbine, etc...   

Various other stuff too... big handfull of greentip .556.    Bigger rounds on stripper clips appear to be 30-06.. Guessing garand ammo with the 43 headstamp date. Oddly, they have painted blue tips. ;)

also couple bags of many calibers of brass, some relaoding trays, bunch of die lock rings..

IMG_6520.jpg

IMG_6526.jpg

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6523.jpg