eyeinstine

Big scores and deals thread!

11 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

Bigger rounds on stripper clips appear to be 30-06.. Guessing garand ammo with the 43 headstamp date. Oddly, they have painted blue tips. 

I found this

FM 23-5 for U.S. Rifle Caliber .30, M1 the blue tip ammo is designated Incendiary, M1. "This cartridge is used against unarmored, flammable targets. The tip of the bullet is painted blue

Kinda gives the term "hot load" a new meaning!:lol:

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

well dog gone done it again....

6000+ projectiles.. About half jacketed, half hard lead...

Mostly 10mm/40cal, .44, some .45 colt, 2 boxes .30 carbine, etc...   

Various other stuff too... big handfull of greentip .556.    Bigger rounds on stripper clips appear to be 30-06.. Guessing garand ammo with the 43 headstamp date. Oddly, they have painted blue tips. ;)

also couple bags of many calibers of brass, some relaoding trays, bunch of die lock rings..

IMG_6520.jpg

IMG_6526.jpg

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6523.jpg

Again?!?!...  geez.  Where you finding these deals?  And have you loaded any rounds yet??

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Inert training ammo.  Dummy rounds.

That was my initial finding from one post i found online. .Upon more research, from much more reliable forums and posters, these are incediary rounds... :D       Not illegal to posess, but illegal to fire off... lol

12 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I found this

FM 23-5 for U.S. Rifle Caliber .30, M1 the blue tip ammo is designated Incendiary, M1. "This cartridge is used against unarmored, flammable targets. The tip of the bullet is painted blue

Kinda gives the term "hot load" a new meaning!:lol:

Ding. Ding. Ding.    Thats what my quick research revealed too...  If only i had the appropriate gun for the ammo! and of course, lived in another state since its illegal to shoot them here in PRNJ...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NJSigfan said:

Again?!?!...  geez.  Where you finding these deals?  And have you loaded any rounds yet??

Yup... I dunno.. shit just keeps falling in my lap.. Honestly, ive taken to this kinda like antique hunting and collecting. I used to collect/part/sell antique garden tractors back in the day, and had quite the knack for finding rare and valuable things..  

I have two other less signifacant deals ive picked up before these projectiles.. So look for some more posts when i get the time with those goodies.. :D

And NOPE! Havnt even reloaded a damn round yet...  15+ lbs of powder, 10,000 projectiles, piles and piles of brass, and probably 8-10k various primers all on hand and just no need to reload anything yet! i have plenty of factory ammo still on hand and havnt been to the range since covid shutdowns.. Seriously thinking of selling off some of the factory cases of ammo and start reloading what i want with all this shiit i have on hand..

Dont hate, but i dog gon dun it again.. i think...

Who woulda thought to find this at a flea market in NJ at the end of the day??   I wont say what a paid... :D  :icon_lol:     Gonna start another thread to get some more info on it.. Quick little search seems company was bought by pacific, then hornady..

Even the lube bottle is still full...

The winchester poster i couldnt pass up from another table. The old gent selling it for 3 bucks said hes had it a long time. Said he had it hanging in his college dorm in '72...

IMG_6733.jpg

IMG_6730.jpg

IMG_6732.jpg

IMG_6729.jpg

IMG_6727.jpg

IMG_6728.jpg

IMG_6726.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

IMG_6724.jpg

IMG_6722.jpg

IMG_6723.jpg