deerpark

Whats the point in requiring businesses to close early?

3 hours ago, Handyman said:

The difference is that you pack more people into the space, having complete the opposite effect of what was intended. I used to routinely shop at 10pm. Stores were empty, no checkout lines, no 6 foot BS. 

Morons.

Like moving trains to weekend schedule instead of upping the cars? Sooo much social distance fail has happened. I hope we learn not to react this way ever again 

• Agree 1

I don't agree with it but I think I know the reason.

Most "close" socializing happens in the evening.  Drinking with friends, playing poker. board games over drinks, game night at church. By instituting a curfew,  a lot of this is prevented.  But, a curfew needs to include everyone for it to work.

• Agree 1

I was out on the patio last night around midnight.  I heard some rustling in the bushes.  It was either a racoon or the virus.  I'm pretty sure it was the virus.  It floated over to the neighbors yard after a minute because I was wearing my short shorts and Def Leppard half-shirt.

So the curfew is for a good reason.  It is out there at night, just waiting for a new victim.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AlDente67 said:

I was out on the patio last night around midnight.  I heard some rustling in the bushes.  It was either a racoon or the virus.  I'm pretty sure it was the virus.  It floated over to the neighbors yard after a minute because I was wearing my short shorts and Def Leppard half-shirt.

So the curfew is for a good reason.  It is out there at night, just waiting for a new victim.

Def Leppard half-shirts or front-tucked Confliction shirts are the best defense against this virus.

1 minute ago, Shepherd9 said:

Def Leppard half-shirts or front-tucked Confliction shirts are the best defense against this virus.

Ah crap....I don’t have either one of those. Maybe I should stock up. 

16 hours ago, Handyman said:

I imagine they would say it is to allow more time for cleaning and other such BS. 

this is the excuse they are using, and local managers of large corporate chains are also abusing it. This past Sunday I went to the harbor freight in Howell, arrived at the door at 4:50, the store closes at 5, as per the small type paper in the window, right next to the BIG "Store Hours" sign that said ope till 6. But anyway, I arrive 10 minutes before the posted closing time, and they are already closed. Got into a big argument with the manager, his excuse, "WE ARE DISINFECTING". Ok, if you are disinfecting at 4:50 then post your closing time at 4:50, not at 5!

At least a month - 1.5 months ago I was at Costco about 15 minutes before closing  and saw a guy I know who works there.  He said they were going to start closing early because they were empty.  Everyone had stocked up already and there was much less foot traffic.  

I believe this was before mandatory early closings.

Makes sense from a business standpoint as labor/ wages is generally one of the largest expenses a business has.  

From a "social distancing" stand point the opposite is true.  As mentioned by others reduced hours means higher concentration of people during the reduced hours.  

16 hours ago, Zeke said:

Like moving trains to weekend schedule instead of upping the cars? Sooo much social distance fail has happened. I hope we learn not to react this way ever again 

The weekend schedule has more to do with a lack of ridership. More cars means more crew, more cleaners, more wear and tear, repairs, etc. not to mention the rail yards can only accommodate a maximum number of cars in a train set. The decision to modify the schedule had nothing to do with social distancing. The way I see it, the fail occurred not only when the railroad wasn’t shut down to properly analyze the situation, but also when the front line employees weren’t initially given any guidance or PPE. 

1 hour ago, gleninjersey said:

From a "social distancing" stand point the opposite is true.  As mentioned by others reduced hours means higher concentration of people during the reduced hours.  

It amazes me that whoever is in charge did not even realize that the same amount of shoppers are goi g to come in and not they have been condensed togather because of reduced hours. 

Same thing happened in White Mountian National Forest. The idiots in charge decided to close all the parking lots at the trailheads. Well all this did was concentrate the majority of hikers to all the state and local parks that were still open. Other hikers said screw it and illegally parked on the side of roadways civil disobedience style. 

Less than a week later WMNF was opened back up, just the bathrooms at trailheads are stil closed and rightfully so.

There is no scientific reason at all,  it is all about fighting Trump every inch of way.

The ASSHOLE is keeping motor vehicles shut until august now.  WTF are people supposed to do.

Only the sound of crickets from our republican party,  where the F are the republicans.  I called and e-mailed all of them and Tony Bucco was the only one who called back.

we are in desperate need of federal intervention to force this state to open.

If you must open, at least they can get rid of a good percentage of your business and continue to condition you.  

• Like 1

Maybe it is so there are less police required at night so they can process all the FID applications?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Underdog said:

If you must open, at least they can get rid of a good percentage of your business and continue to condition you.  

Then they'll tell you free market doesn't work and we need more government intervention in business.