jm1827

Going rate for a nanny?

Anyone have any idea on the going rate for a nanny?  My daughter was offered a job over the summer to watch a 2 year old, around 40 hours a week.  She usually gate $15-$16 an hour for normal babysitting jobs.  She was going to ask for $14 an hour, my daughter is 19 and home from college.

Is $14 an hour reasonable?

If I were her I would go to www.care.com - it's a site were nannies, eldercare workers, petcare workers advertise their services and people looking for those skills can find them.

It does force you to fill out a free profile - but I'm guessing she would get the "intel" she needs. She could fill out the profile as though she was looking for a nanny within her customer's zip code, fit the profile to her own credentials, and then review all the profiles of her "competitors" and see exactly what they're charging. I'm guessing 10 minutes of time would probably provide a wealth of geographically accurate, real-time pricing info. 

• Like 1

Maybe check care dot com, see what is the going rate in your area, and undercut a tad. My sitter is 18 and charges $10 an hour for two kids. She's really good with my kids, so I always overpay her. 

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

If I were her I would go to www.care.com - it's a site were nannies, eldercare workers, petcare workers advertise their services and people looking for those skills can find them.

It does force you to fill out a free profile - but I'm guessing she would get the "intel" she needs. She could fill out the profile as though she was looking for a nanny within her customer's zip code, fit the profile to her own credentials, and then review all the profiles of her "competitors" and see exactly what they're charging. I'm guessing 10 minutes of time would probably provide a wealth of geographically accurate, real-time pricing info. 

What she said. :D

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, jm1827 said:

Anyone have any idea on the going rate for a nanny?  My daughter was offered a job over the summer to watch a 2 year old, around 40 hours a week.  She usually gate $15-$16 an hour for normal babysitting jobs.  She was going to ask for $14 an hour, my daughter is 19 and home from college.

Is $14 an hour reasonable?

Ask high negotiate down.

its what ever the market will bare

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Golf battery said:

Ask for photos first.  Then price is negotiable 

38 minutes ago, Redlines said:

All depends if she is naughty or nice.

What's wrong with you pervs? Now the guy's going to worry about his sweet daughter, knowing guys like you are out there... Geez Louise. Get your minds out of the gutter.... :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

What's wrong with you pervs? Now the guy's going to worry about his sweet daughter, knowing guys like you are out there... Geez Louise. Get your minds out of the gutter.... :facepalm:

There's nothing wrong with a little forewarning.

• Haha 1