diamondd817

Anyone @ Cherry Ridge Range Friday 5/22/20?

I was there today.

Initial rules are as follows:

1887922189_rangerules.jpg.592c6e253ecfb070813a0e5674e649ff.jpg

THis morning that translated to:

Only 10 ports per range (pistol, 50/100 yard, 200 yard, rimfire).  300 yard line is closed, so it's only 200 yards.

1 hour limit per shooter/session.

You need to wear a mask unless you at the firing line.

Maintain social distance at other times.

------------------------------------------------

I got there around 8:15 and there were RO's at the gate asking what I wanted to shoot.  There was one spot left at the pistol range but the rifle ranges were full, so I could shoot pistol or get a ticket for 9:30 at the rifle range.

I took the pistol spot.

RO asked if we wanted to just shot for the full hour or stop after :30 to switch targets.  Everyone wanted to keep shooting, so there was no break.

I hung around a little talking with people and it didn't look like there was a ton of people backed up to shoot, so I don't think anyone would have to wait more than one rotation.

Glad it was open.

7 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

I was there today.

Initial rules are as follows:

1887922189_rangerules.jpg.592c6e253ecfb070813a0e5674e649ff.jpg

THis morning that translated to:

Only 10 ports per range (pistol, 50/100 yard, 200 yard, rimfire).  300 yard line is closed, so it's only 200 yards.

1 hour limit per shooter/session.

You need to wear a mask unless you at the firing line.

Maintain social distance at other times.

------------------------------------------------

I got there around 8:15 and there were RO's at the gate asking what I wanted to shoot.  There was one spot left at the pistol range but the rifle ranges were full, so I could shoot pistol or get a ticket for 9:30 at the rifle range.

I took the pistol spot.

RO asked if we wanted to just shot for the full hour or stop after :30 to switch targets.  Everyone wanted to keep shooting, so there was no break.

I hung around a little talking with people and it didn't look like there was a ton of people backed up to shoot, so I don't think anyone would have to wait more than one rotation.

Glad it was open.

Thanks for the status report.  I'm headed there this afternoon, hoping to get on the pistol range, but bringing gear so I can accept any range that is open.

20 minutes ago, 10X said:

Thanks for the status report.  I'm headed there this afternoon, hoping to get on the pistol range, but bringing gear so I can accept any range that is open.

Enjoy.

There didn't seem to be a really big line/backup at the pistol line as I was leaving, so you might get lucky.

Rimfire range had no wait when I was heading out (there was just one dad with his kids).

56 minutes ago, revenger said:

hope they are keeping the lawsuit going,    I think home depot allows 50 people at a time.   no science just anti-american arrogance. 

Agree. 

Arrogance and a rush of ego that's  driven by his ability to make millions do what he says when he says it. 

My son works at a big box store and they regularly have MUCH more than 50 people in the store. 

At best it's bro-science, but in reality it's just power overreach. 

25 minutes ago, Shepherd9 said:

Murphy announced today that another EO is coming and the capacity at outdoor recreation businesses will be lifted to 25.

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 1.07.14 PM.png

I'm so grateful our overlords has granted a little more freedom. 

3 hours ago, Shepherd9 said:

Not to my knowledge.  I think that reference to indoor is for previous open "essential" businesses. 

No. Essential business are limted to 50% capacity. 

The 10 person limit indoors will be for all non-essential given the green light to open. Which Is funny because no stores are allowed to open.

6 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

Enjoy.

There didn't seem to be a really big line/backup at the pistol line as I was leaving, so you might get lucky.

Rimfire range had no wait when I was heading out (there was just one dad with his kids).

I had a great afternoon at the range.  Got there just after 2 pm, RO at at the gate asked where I wanted to shoot, I said pistol would be my first choice, but I could use almost any range.  I got a 2:30 pm ticket for an hour on the pistol range, and when I asked about other ranges, I got a 3:30 ticket for the plinking range.   I got to the pistol range just as they were starting a target change, and since there was space I joined in immediately.   The pistol range was close to the max 10 capacity, as was the 100 yard rifle range when I drove by.   After pistol, I drove to the plinking range just as two others were leaving; no need to wait till 3:30, there was no one else there.   I had it all to myself, and when I left after 45 minutes, I noticed there was absolutely no one on the 200/300 yard rifle range.  I checked with an RO, then drove down to hang a target, and spent 45 minutes alone on the 200 yard line.  Before leaving Cherry Ridge a little after 5, I drove past all of the ranges again.  Plinking had remained empty since I left, the pistol range was down to one shooter, and the 100 yard rifle range was down to three.   I don't think the shotgun or archery ranges had a single shooter the entire time I was there.   

Tomorrow, the range capacity is going up from 10 to 25 per range, so get out there and shoot!

2 hours ago, 10X said:

I had a great afternoon at the range.  Got there just after 2 pm, RO at at the gate asked where I wanted to shoot, I said pistol would be my first choice, but I could use almost any range.  I got a 2:30 pm ticket for an hour on the pistol range, and when I asked about other ranges, I got a 3:30 ticket for the plinking range.   I got to the pistol range just as they were starting a target change, and since there was space I joined in immediately.   The pistol range was close to the max 10 capacity, as was the 100 yard rifle range when I drove by.   After pistol, I drove to the plinking range just as two others were leaving; no need to wait till 3:30, there was no one else there.   I had it all to myself, and when I left after 45 minutes, I noticed there was absolutely no one on the 200/300 yard rifle range.  I checked with an RO, then drove down to hang a target, and spent 45 minutes alone on the 200 yard line.  Before leaving Cherry Ridge a little after 5, I drove past all of the ranges again.  Plinking had remained empty since I left, the pistol range was down to one shooter, and the 100 yard rifle range was down to three.   I don't think the shotgun or archery ranges had a single shooter the entire time I was there.   

Tomorrow, the range capacity is going up from 10 to 25 per range, so get out there and shoot!

Dude, CR is the best on a weekday... place is basically empty most the time. 

Weekends... thats another story.. i go evenings if its the weekend.

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

Dude, CR is the best on a weekday... place is basically empty most the time. 

Weekends... thats another story.. i go evenings if its the weekend.

I also try to get there 2 - 3 hours or so before last shot. You can pick a port either with the group or on your own, whatever you feel like that day. 
Summer evenings are sweet, until the bugs show up. 

28 minutes ago, Shepherd9 said:

I was there around 11:30 or so.  Had the pistol range to myself most of the time except for one other guy towards the end.  Light rain and a nice day shooting.  On the way out it looked like the 100 yard range had about 3 - 4 members.

Thanks for the report. I'm looking to go next week.

1 hour ago, Ryu said:

I signed up for membership. New member Sunday isn't until June 7th. Probably can't go until the weekend after.

Usual protocol is you can use the range the same day after the safety orientation. Although, that was pre-Murphy19.

4 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

Usual protocol is you can use the range the same day after the safety orientation. Although, that was pre-Murphy19.

Yep, except Membership Sunday is thru Zoom online at home.