M1152

question for backyard mechanics

They look OK, but I don't see pricing.  Easiest way to order on rockauto.com - Akebono pads, Brembo rotors but really any will do.  Stay away from slotted as they just eat the pads if you are not tracking the car.  Cross-drilled is fine.

I used to source parts for import cars as a hobby.  I have sent out $4000 sets of rotors, so I have some experience there.  I don't do itany longer since my business contact died, but I use rock for my kids' car parts with never any issue.

• Agree 1

Thanks, I see the Rock Auto commercial often but always thought it was sort of cheesy but I will give them a look. The last one I did was for my Ford and caught a sale or promo from Advanced Auto on OEM rotors. I have a feeling the imports may be a bit higher but I have some time to shop around so will probably do them in June or July since its very limited driving at this time. I think I fueled up once in all of May.  I will take your advice and avoid the slotted type rotors, thanks!

Yeah, Rock needs to hire a new ad agency,  But they used to sponsor a website I owned.  No money changed hands, but they would give a 20% coupon code to any of my members.  I ordered some stuff I needed for my car from them, and it was identical to my own OEM parts that I used to obtain, but half the price. lol!  That site is long gone because I lost interest in hosting a forum as a hobby, but their regular pricing is as good as a dealer wholesale price, which nobody gets unless you own a shop spending six figures a year on parts delivery..

Its always been my opinion that NAPA parts are just better quality. A few bucks here or there isn't worth it to me. I have 4 or 5 parts stores within 15 minutes of me and I'll always go to Napa 1st. Unless its for a generic part like plugs or something like that. I stay away from Auto Zone like the plague.

i'm not much for ordering online when i can avoid it. especially now, try to support your local business's. some napa stores are still franchises. some are not. the franchised napa's near me all got bought out by quaker" i think? auto....and they have sucked wet hairy mooseballs ever since.

anyway.......try checking a local mom n pop parts house if you can still find any.

Other than a few bits on Amazon, I have only ordered parts from Rock Auto.  Great company.   I bought the timing belt kit for my Acura about a month ago, as well as the serpentine belt and tensioner.   A few weeks back I bought pads and rotors for the same car from Rockauto.