always_an_eagle

A question about Clinton WMA rifle range

Even though every one of us know that a .308, .300 win magnum and the like are far more powerful than a 9mm carbine you must keep in mind that there is absolutely no science applied to what you are allowed to shoot there.  don't ever try to bring logic or ballistics into how these ranges are operated. just be happy we can shoot up to .30 cal.    I want to shoot my old trap door there,  maybe if i load them with black powder?

a good example is the instructions for target placement ,  I can't figure out there logic for this.     they say to put spinner targets at the 25 yd berm,  I think further out would be safer for shooters from ricochets .  also the 30 inch height above the berms,   I would think shooting into the berms would take most of the energy out of the bullet and greatly reduce any chance of a  round travelling any distance. 

talking about the WMA's has anyone gone past flatbrook recently.   supposed to be extended to 100yds.

On 5/25/2020 at 9:44 AM, revenger said:

Even though every one of us know that a .308, .300 win magnum and the like are far more powerful than a 9mm carbine you must keep in mind that there is absolutely no science applied to what you are allowed to shoot there.  don't ever try to bring logic or ballistics into how these ranges are operated. just be happy we can shoot up to .30 cal.    I want to shoot my old trap door there,  maybe if i load them with black powder?

a good example is the instructions for target placement ,  I can't figure out there logic for this.     they say to put spinner targets at the 25 yd berm,  I think further out would be safer for shooters from ricochets .  also the 30 inch height above the berms,   I would think shooting into the berms would take most of the energy out of the bullet and greatly reduce any chance of a  round travelling any distance. 

talking about the WMA's has anyone gone past flatbrook recently.   supposed to be extended to 100yds.

Its a hunting range for hunters to practice at and your not allowed to hunt with handguns or 9mm carbines in NJ. Unless you can find 9mm bullets less than 80 grains that are soft point or expanding lead core. No science needed. 

As for the spinner targets I completely agree with you.