kc17

P365 owners, your opinions/experiences are requested

This P365 is my first SIG, and my comparisons are to my M&P Shield and full-size. I Shot 100 rounds yesterday and another 50 today, to confirm my feelings from yesterday.

There's not a huge discrepancy between the two from an accuracy stand point, although I am a tad bit more accurate with the Shield. My concern is I don't like the trigger of the P365. There's two parts to my dislike; it is a tad heavy and it is uncomfortable. By uncomfortable I mean there is more felt pressure on my trigger finger than I am used to (related to the heavy feeling) Also, it feels as though the meat of my finger gets rolled over rubs between the trigger and the inside of the guard. I do not have large hands/fingers. 

I'm wondering if these might be resolved with a flat trigger? I'd like to know if anyone else had similar feelings and more importantly, did a flat trigger improve your experience?

I opted for the 2.0 Shield in 9mm.  I really liked the feel of the texturing, that was a big selling point for me. 

In all honesty, the P365 and the Shield are probably the biggest carry guns in 9mm being sold today.  

In regards to the trigger, I would leave it as is.  But, you can swap between their new flat-faced trigger if need be.

• Like 1

I had a perf center shield that’s now kind of sitting the box, I’ve sworn off selling stuff, because of my 365.  I have more than 2000 rounds through it and my trigger is very smooth when compared to when I first started shooting it.  I find the accuracy to be very similar to the shield but find handling the gun amazingly comfortable.  I have fairly average sized hands.  I also like the sites (night sites) on the sit much better.  I am not sure now your finger is coming off the trigger and getting caught between the bottom of the bow and the guard.  You should probably try and get a pick of that.  I’m not sure how a flat blade would help, I’m guessing same clearance from tip to guard.   

last bit. I felt the Sig fires SD ammo better than the shield. A bit more controllable and thus a bit more accurate with those snappier rounds.  

13 minutes ago, kc17 said:

I don't know that my finger IS moving off the trigger. The bottom of my finger (or side, where it would contact middle finger) is contacting something. 

You still have the stock curved trigger?

I do.

For anyone that might be curious.

I picked up a flat trigger Saturday. Started to take apart the FCU on Sunday to install it. Go to the point where I needed to remove the pin that holds the trigger in place.....and noticed no hole in the new trigger....wrong trigger. The guy at the shop that pulled it off the wall didn't realize it and neither did I.

Had some trouble putting everything back together, but figured it out.

Went back to the shop today to do an exchange. I was 5th in line outside (shop only allows three in the store at once). About 20-25 min wait to get in, in and out in about a minute. Had to be a dozen people outside waiting to get in when I left.

On 6/1/2020 at 6:11 PM, kc17 said:

For anyone that might be curious.

I picked up a flat trigger Saturday. Started to take apart the FCU on Sunday to install it. Go to the point where I needed to remove the pin that holds the trigger in place.....and noticed no hole in the new trigger....wrong trigger. The guy at the shop that pulled it off the wall didn't realize it and neither did I.

Had some trouble putting everything back together, but figured it out.

Went back to the shop today to do an exchange. I was 5th in line outside (shop only allows three in the store at once). About 20-25 min wait to get in, in and out in about a minute. Had to be a dozen people outside waiting to get in when I left.

Did you put the trigger in yet?

3 hours ago, kc17 said:

Not yet. I was waiting until I knew I had a couple of uninterrupted hours available while I was calm. The last few days of work have left me too angry. I want to be calm while I'm doing it.

Anger leads to the dark side.

Flat trigger is installed. Went much smoother than on Sunday since I knew what not to do. Total operation well under 30 min, closer to 15.

Initial impressions are positive. Reserving full judgement until I can live fire. But I'd be surprised if I had any desire to put the factory curved trigger back in.

• Like 1

100 Rounds today with the flat trigger. I'm very happy. I still fight pushing down, but I managed to get it straight down, not the down and to the left I usually do. It's also more comfortable.

And yes, I collected my brass for those of you following my thread in the reloading section.