YankeeSC

Jeep Wranglers

2 minutes ago, AlDente67 said:

I had 3 jeep kiddie buggies at one point.  Kids outgrew them and I gave them away for free to a forum member for his kids to enjoy.  One was a Peg Perego that my neighbor put out for trash.  Damn, that thing cost about 400 new.  My daughter had the pink barbie jeep with a working radio.  Now she drives a 120 foot ship in Hawaii.

I screwed rubber from a mountian bike tire to the rear wheels of my daughters power wheels jeep. Before the forest roads opened for the summer up here I let her drive it for a few miles (I carried an extra battery) up and down one of the closed roads. She had a blast 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The F150 is the best selling pickup in this country, although it doesn't excite me style-wise.  The Commander looks really nice to me, especially the one inside my dealer's showroom that had the extra off-road bits added and some other trim, but I nearly fell over when I looked at the price sheet.  Something like over $60k.  Same thing with the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk at over 90k (base).  It would be fun for a little while having 700hp, but for daily life...no, lol.    I wouldn't even want to try it on a quarter mile run for fear of flipping over.

5 minutes ago, fishnut said:

And the tacoma will outlast both the gladiator and the f150. Sad but true....

I'm not well versed on the current motor generation for the Jeeps, but I can tell you with firsthand experience that Ford ain't got their shit together.

Check out Scotty Kilmer on youtube.  Funny stuff and he hates anything not Toyota, but since he has been fixing cars for 52 years, I like to hear his take on things.

As I mentioned, I am on number 3 GC now with no engine issues, but then again, I don't keep them long enough to opine on durability.  These are all the 3.6

Gets me in the surf real good!  The 6l cummins diesels gets me out real good!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlDente67 said:

I wouldn't even want to try it on a quarter mile run for fear of flipping over.

One:  you can flip  almost ANY vehicle over if you drive it hard enough.

Two:  the trackhawk is designed to race.   The suspension is racing, the gearing is racing, the tires are racing, the brakes are racing, the transmission is racing.  

Yeah but is still a top-heavy SUV.  I would just kill somebody.  I have a friend who drives a Hurican Lambo.  He threw me the key and I threw it back.  No way I was going attempt to drive that thing.  Man's got to know his limitations, to quote Clint Eastwood.

Look at the guys on the Street Outlaws show.  They drive 1200hp cars every week and still wind up rolling over from time to time.

I tell you what Ray, lets get one one and track it.  Why the heck not?

21 hours ago, AlDente67 said:

Check out Scotty Kilmer on youtube.  Funny stuff and he hates anything not Toyota, but since he has been fixing cars for 52 years, I like to hear his take on things.

From my very limited understanding of Jeeps, stay far away from the newer ones.  Scotty Kilmer says the same.  

Scotty is down to Earth, no nonsense and a good goofy sense of humor.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, AlDente67 said:

Yeah but is still a top-heavy SUV.  I would just kill somebody.  I have a friend who drives a Hurican Lambo.  He threw me the key and I threw it back.  No way I was going attempt to drive that thing.  Man's got to know his limitations, to quote Clint Eastwood.

Look at the guys on the Street Outlaws show.  They drive 1200hp cars every week and still wind up rolling over from time to time.

I tell you what Ray, lets get one one and track it.  Why the heck not?

It isn't as top heavy as you think.   I'm not a speed guy, I'm a realist guy. 

Just now, Ray Ray said:

It isn't as top heavy as you think.   I'm not a speed guy, I'm a realist guy. 

Well I drive one daily.  Not the SRT or Trackhawk, but the same platform.  Same upper dimensions.  I have taken a tight turn at speed and almost pooped myself.  Was I over-reacting?  Maybe.  But the alternative is pretty bad.

And you look really nice with that wig.  :p

23 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

One:  you can flip  almost ANY vehicle over if you drive it hard enough.

Two:  the trackhawk is designed to race.   The suspension is racing, the gearing is racing, the tires are racing, the brakes are racing, the transmission is racing.  

so it's OK to race it? :)

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, AlDente67 said:

Well I drive one daily.  Not the SRT or Trackhawk, but the same platform.  Same upper dimensions.  I have taken a tight turn at speed and almost pooped myself.  Was I over-reacting?  Maybe.  But the alternative is pretty bad.

And you look really nice with that wig.  :p

The SRT and Trackhawk have a different suspension and breaking system.

Breaking?  Freudian slip.  :D

I once went to a motocross day at the old Giants stadium. They created a road course in the parking lot with orange cones. It was ran by a Porsche club but they partnered with some Mercedes groups for the day.  The Porsche guys are serious trailering in full sets of racing slicks and doing a full swap right there in the lot.  But the stripped out Miata blew the doors off everyone on the twisty road course.

But then some guy pulls up in an ML63 SUV.  Now, I always liked the ML, but this guy almost killed himself trying to power through the hairpin turns...blowing out cones, almost flipping over, no rollcage or safety harness.   Crazy.  He had the slowest time of the day, lol.  And we got buzzed on Bloody Marys watching the show from a safe distance.

But anyway, there was one time I was driving to Michigan at night in the murder jeep (total blackout everything, I miss it).  I am following the nav lady for directions.  Take the exit indicated at about 50mph to find the road twisted almost 180 degrees in a tight circle.  I swear I went up on 2 wheels and nearly pooped myself.  I know the SRT has Brembos , but my high altitude was no slouch in the suspension dept.  It had air ride that hunkered down at speed.

But I'm just babbling because otherwise I need to cut the grass.

2 minutes ago, AlDente67 said:

Take the exit indicated at about 50mph to find the road twisted almost 180 degrees in a tight circle.  I swear I went up on 2 wheels and nearly pooped myself.  

If you were on two wheels, you'd know it.