I'm sure glad I didn't have the cash to renew my membership in February at an indoor range. That would have been $425 out the window. Sadly most indoor ranges will probably fold which is Murphy's endgame.

6 hours ago, revenger said:

I for one have lost all respect for the owners of all the shooting ranges,  they have essentially laid their swords at the feet of a communist dictator and are begging for mercy.

They should have sued in federal court 2 months ago to force the asshole to produce his "data" that shows an indoor shooting range is more dangerous than a Walmart .    I hate to admit it but I wouldn't feel bad for them if they closed their doors forever and lost everything.

Stand up for your rights people,  the barber in Detroit has more balls than any of NJ's business owners.    

Really?  Do you work hard at being a putz or does it just come natural?

How dare you!  You ought to be ashamed of yourself!

I can understand the frustration, but this keyboard commando bullshit of yours has to stop!

You want gun industry people out of work & ranges closed forever?  Because they didn't do what YOU want them to?

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

So if Murphy allowed Home Depot and Lowes to remain open during the quarantine because they sold essential items, but they also were allowed to continue to sell non-essential items also, like flowers, paint, etc, why can't gun shops do the same? 

Gun shops were deemed "essential" and if a gun range is attached to it they should also be able to open the gun range.  

This was the problem in Michigan, when their governor wanted HD/Lowes to ONLY sell "essential" items in person.  All other items had to be curbside pick up.  That is one of the reasons why they protested in Michigan.  That is why Murphy did not do the same here.  

As a certain 2A heavy lifter has stated on a few occasions, Murphy is consulting a magic 8 ball as his source of data & science. I hope someone does a FOIA request on what information the governor is using. He should be held liable for negligence. 

rB5Ri5MPCV90wjCa1YmCiGE0Bo__MTMkC5qqZKApwy0.jpg

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I personally hope they all just open soon. Asbury Parks Council decided to open restaurants at i think 25 or 50 percent capacity. Good to see some people starting to push back after 3 months. 

last I heard about this is that murphy and grewal are suing them to keep them closed,   the two assholes will win in NJ but hopefully the restaurants appeal to federal level ASAP where they "might" stand a chance and at a minimum have asshole reveal his scientific data to the court as to what determines what can open.   All lawsuits against murphy should include all financial losses should his science prove to be phony which all of us here know it is all personal.

This fight is far from over,  in September/October when the regular flu season starts to ramp up murphy will try this shut down bullshit again so the lawsuits must continue against murphy,  

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Ryu said:

ANJRPC just filed for Indoor ranges.  Maybe we will hear something by Monday.

I read the filing. I appreciate the NRA/ANJRPC’s involvement and support.  Am planning my next set of donations to them. 

The continued closer of indoor ranges (just like the closure of gun stores and outdoor ranges) clearly shows the hate, disgust, and vindictiveness the Gov and AG have for us. I know I am singing to the choir. It is just so profoundly disrespectful to someone like myself who has lived here my whole life.

Last week I posted on Facebook that he would keep them closed until most/many are financially crippled to the point they will never be able to reopen.  Given the filing, I anticipate he will allow them to reopen just prior to the date they are required to respond to the lawsuit.  Hopefully, they  can continue the suit for monetary damages, etc and set a permenant legal precedent. 

Gotta run...can’t be late for my massage appointment.  

1 hour ago, bennj said:

Unfortunately, with all the lawsuits going on, we the taxpayers get to foot the bill once again.

At least I'll know my tax dollars are going towards something worthwhile.

For those following the lawsuit, here's an update on the case.  

Telephonic status conference held on the record. Ordered response to [4] motion due June 26, 2020; reply due June 30, 2020. Ordered hearing on [4] Motion for Temporary Restraining Order/Preliminary Injunction set for July 2, 2020 at 10:00AM via videoconference.

1 hour ago, LawTalkingGuy said:

For those following the lawsuit, here's an update on the case.  

Telephonic status conference held on the record. Ordered response to [4] motion due June 26, 2020; reply due June 30, 2020. Ordered hearing on [4] Motion for Temporary Restraining Order/Preliminary Injunction set for July 2, 2020 at 10:00AM via videoconference.

Thanks for sharing this.

I'm not a lawyer.  Does the above mean that the parties on either side have to provide their feedback by 30 June for the hearing on 2nd July?

July 2nd,   I thought they filed some kind of request for quick action or something.   July 2nd doesn't seem quick to me. 

So if you follow history than indoor ranges are going to open on July 1st with all kinds of restrictions,  they will drop the lawsuit as history as also shown us and we still wont be shooting.    

6 minutes ago, revenger said:

July 2nd,   I thought they filed some kind of request for quick action or something.   July 2nd doesn't seem quick to me. 

So if you follow history than indoor ranges are going to open on July 1st with all kinds of restrictions,  they will drop the lawsuit as history as also shown us and we still wont be shooting.    

For civil litigation that is not an emergency that is actually fairly quick.

29 minutes ago, revenger said:

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/06/judge-deals-blow-to-owners-of-gym-that-defied-governors-lockdown-orders.html

anyone care to guess what the outcome of the indoor range case will be.      I dont see any difference between the two.

My guess is regardless of a ruling the gym is screwed. That being said, the two cases aren't even remotely similar. The gym has no constitutional claim and no federal guidance that they were considered essential services. 

My guess with the indoor range is that they get to reopen as soon as the state would have to justify anything in court. So that looks like July 2. Practically that means July  3 or 4 at best. So two days before summer camps and about a week after malls. 

I don't think any satisfactory legal precedent will be set other than we can and will fuck with you as long as we can defer the consequences. 

I feel all the small business owners missed the boat. After the first month and seeing only the big box stores being aloud to open, they should have sued together then to open. Proper safety precautions in place. I don't think (and hope ) they won't make the same mistake the next time. And you know there will be  a next time. Might be a much harder sell for who ever is in charge then. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, SmittyMHS said:

I feel all the small business owners missed the boat. After the first month and seeing only the big box stores being aloud to open, they should have sued together then to open. Proper safety precautions in place. I don't think (and hope ) they won't make the same mistake the next time. And you know there will be  a next time. Might be a much harder sell for who ever is in charge then. 

There absolutely will be a next time, my guess would be mid October just in time to screw up the voting booths.   And that is the importance of following through with the suit,  to open now and to prevent a "next time"  Once the Asshole is forced to reveal is Ouija board science as to why some essential places are more essential then others.    Hopefully ALL businesses start suing him at that point.

That brings me to another question,   Why is it when these suits are filed they state " in his official capacity" as governor, superintendent, mayor of what ever title your choose.   These should be filed against them personally since these are their personal views and hatred of the constitution.

28 minutes ago, revenger said:

There absolutely will be a next time, my guess would be mid October just in time to screw up the voting booths.   And that is the importance of following through with the suit,  to open now and to prevent a "next time"  Once the Asshole is forced to reveal is Ouija board science as to why some essential places are more essential then others.    Hopefully ALL businesses start suing him at that point.

That brings me to another question,   Why is it when these suits are filed they state " in his official capacity" as governor, superintendent, mayor of what ever title your choose.   These should be filed against them personally since these are their personal views and hatred of the constitution.

I'd like to know who is on his Ouija board? Don't think I've ever heard him say who his experts are. Do they know anything about an indoor shooting range? What safe guards are in place? Air filtration? I believe he's stated multiple times how he's against guns. Is this shut down his idea due to his distaste for the Constitution that he swore to uphold? He should be made to answer questions in open court.