1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

King Murph has spoken.  Indoor Recreation can open at 25% capacity, face masks still required.

Thank you for the update, here is an article confirming this! I'm excited to go to gun for hire for the first time. However, I will note that gunforhire still has their closed covid notice up. Hopefully that will be updated soon.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/holmdel-hazlet/watch-live-gov-murphy-nj-coronavirus-reopen-update-6-24-20

On 6/19/2020 at 5:45 PM, revenger said:

July 2nd,   I thought they filed some kind of request for quick action or something.   July 2nd doesn't seem quick to me. 

So if you follow history than indoor ranges are going to open on July 1st with all kinds of restrictions,  they will drop the lawsuit as history as also shown us and we still wont be shooting.    

This guy guessed pretty close,    Oh wait that was me.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/24/2020 at 9:42 PM, Bklynracer said:

Saw an email from Reloaderz they will also open but with 25% capacity.

With 15 lanes, does that mean only 4 lanes will be used? That might work during  the week, but on the weekends seems most people won't be shooting. 

Reloaderz was recognized by the NSSF this week with a 5-star range rating. Pretty impressive for the new kids on the block. 

4 hours ago, Old_Hunter said:

Reloaderz was recognized by the NSSF this week with a 5-star range rating. Pretty impressive for the new kids on the block. 

It is a nice place, from what I can tell well run, never had a issue there. People that work there always seem happy and helpful. Must be doing something right.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

It is a nice place, from what I can tell well run, never had a issue there. People that work there always seem happy and helpful. Must be doing something right.

that is always a positive sign.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Just saw a email from RSTP, When they open it will be every other port, so I'm guessing others will be the same. Wait times on weekends will be horrendous.

Wait times during the week won't be that great either.

On 6/29/2020 at 9:45 PM, Bklynracer said:

Just saw a email from RSTP, When they open it will be every other port, so I'm guessing others will be the same. Wait times on weekends will be horrendous.

RTSP is the only range that has published anything informative as to guidelines and Covid19 concerns for their patrons for tomorrow’s opening. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Old_Hunter said:

RTSP is the only range that has published anything informative as to guidelines and Covid19 concerns for their patrons for tomorrow’s opening. 

From reloaderz email

S.gif
46140e25-4029-41cf-8e47-f56aacf58508.png

d5bb6cc8-8467-4df8-94d3-eeb14536e97b.jpg
S.gif
46140e25-4029-41cf-8e47-f56aacf58508.png

Reloaderz NJ will Open on Thursday, July 2, 2020
S.gif
S.gif

Dear Reloaderz NJ Members and Guests,

We hope you are all staying safe during these extraordinary times. 

Today Governor Murphy announced that shooting ranges may reopen on July 2, 2020, subject to social distancing rules. Things are continually changing daily, but one thing that will not is our commitment to the safety and comfort of our team and customers. 

We will be closely following official COVID-19 recommendations of the WHO and CDC, as well as local government. We want to reassure you that the health and safety of our employees, members, guests, and community is our top priority. Our team has been hard at work implementing enhanced safety measures as we prepare to re-open. These include:

• Temperature and wellness checks for all employees at the start of their shift
  • Employees are required to stay home if they are feeling ill
  • Masks must be worn by all employees and guests
  • Enhanced check-in process with our new command center
  • Increased cleaning and sanitation measures throughout our facility and in high traffic areas
  • Social distancing throughout our facility when checking in and on the range
  • Limited hours - please follow us on social media or check our website for details
  • Capacity limited to 25%

Taking precautionary measures takes time so please be patient with us as we navigate new ways of working. While this time has been difficult for all of us, we are so grateful to our loyal customers and dedicated staff. We know that a visit to Reloaderz NJ may not be the same as it was a few short months ago, but we are committed to continuing to serve you as North Jersey’s premier firing range. Thank you for your patience and loyalty – we can’t wait to see you again!
S.gif
S.gif

Sincerely,

Your Reloaderz NJ Team

Went to RTSP Randolph today. Arrived there at around 3 pm and I was told the wait had been 2.5 hours but it was moving a little quicker now. Ended up waiting for 2.5 hours anyhow but I got 60 minutes of range time. It felt so good to shoot my new guns for the first time since I bought them in March and June, respectively.

It worked pretty well since they can give you a rough estimate of the wait when you sign up. You sign up and leave and come back a bit earlier than the estimated waiting time to minimize the wait in the car.

• Like 1

Aren't they taking reservations at RTSP? I made one for yesterday at TTC. Only had to wait for the guy in the port I was to use to get cleaned up. I'm not sure but I think they were only taking half hour increments. The RO gave us a 5 minute warning which they never did before. But they never had to wipe down every port after use before either. Anyway, I was able to make another reservation for next week so it should be about the same wait. Walk ins might have a crazy wait time since there are only 6 ports open.

13 hours ago, May20 said:

Went to RTSP Randolph today. Arrived there at around 3 pm and I was told the wait had been 2.5 hours but it was moving a little quicker now. Ended up waiting for 2.5 hours anyhow but I got 60 minutes of range time. It felt so good to shoot my new guns for the first time since I bought them in March and June, respectively.

It worked pretty well since they can give you a rough estimate of the wait when you sign up. You sign up and leave and come back a bit earlier than the estimated waiting time to minimize the wait in the car.

2.5 hours,   are you a member?     

15 hours ago, SmittyMHS said:

Aren't they taking reservations at RTSP? I made one for yesterday at TTC. Only had to wait for the guy in the port I was to use to get cleaned up. I'm not sure but I think they were only taking half hour increments. The RO gave us a 5 minute warning which they never did before. But they never had to wipe down every port after use before either. Anyway, I was able to make another reservation for next week so it should be about the same wait. Walk ins might have a crazy wait time since there are only 6 ports open.

They are not taking reservations over the phone or online. You have to go there in person to check in. Then you will get a text when your spot becomes available. Works okay if you live somewhat close or have errands to run in the area.  

4 hours ago, revenger said:

2.5 hours,   are you a member?     

Yup, I am a member. The wait might have been shorter if I went in the members only time slots (8 to 10 am Sat & Sun).

On 6/26/2020 at 9:56 AM, marlintag said:

I have been and will continue to go to ranges in PA, you know where one can still experience a semblance of freedom. At 25% percent, it would likely mean many hours of wait time when you factor in all the New Yorkers who now come out to NJ to shoot. 

I belong to a private outdoor range in PA (it was the best, closest option to my residence), and a private indoor range in NJ - but I was also going to a commercial range in NJ (TTC in Flemington) primarily for a women's shooting group I belong to. 

Not only will I go to TTC once those chapter meetings resume in-person, but I intend to go to TTC on my own this summer at least a handful of times... even if it's inconvenient and even if I have to endure some wait times. Why?... Because our Governor is biased against these businesses (he's made that abundantly clear) and the easiest way we can fight back against his authoritarianism is to throw these ranges our business, and plenty of it! If not, as @SJG rightly pointed out upthread, these businesses will surely go under - giving our Governor and his minions exactly what they wanted! Can you imagine how difficult it will become to introduce new shooters to the sport if the # of ranges in this state shrinks considerably?  

So, you can certainly do as you wish, but I would urge you to consider making at least one visit to a NJ commercial range this month. It's bad enough this administration is overtly hostile to them...  they should at least be able to count on NJ's gun-owning community to support them and to keep these facilities open for new, incoming shooters. Just my opinion!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, May20 said:

They are not taking reservations over the phone or online. You have to go there in person to check in. Then you will get a text when your spot becomes available. Works okay if you live somewhat close or have errands to run in the area.  

And if you only have long guns in the car and decide to run errands.  'Errands' aren't an allowable deviation if you are transporting a handgun.   Because NJ sucks.

No wait time at Cherry Ridge today.  Best membership I've ever gotten!  :D:D

I did stop by Reloaderz to check them out.  So much friendlier versus RTSP.  Place is smaller than RTSP Union.  There were people shooting, and no one from what I saw really had to wait their turn.  I liked them so much they sold me a lower.  

1 minute ago, Ryu said:

No wait time at Cherry Ridge today...

I just did an RSO shift at SJSC today. Attendance was moderate this morning, but very light this afternoon. Maybe 50 people (including 10 or so guests) all day. No wait at all on any of the ranges.

Indoor ranges are great in the cold weather months, but there's nothing like the outdoors!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, njJoniGuy said:

Indoor ranges are great in the cold weather months, but there's nothing like the outdoors!

Yes some dude at Cherry Ridge said he has to dig out the targets at the rimfire range during the winter.  

I think I will end up signing up with Reloaderz, but RTSP is so close to my house. 

4 hours ago, May20 said:

Yup, I am a member. The wait might have been shorter if I went in the members only time slots (8 to 10 am Sat & Sun).

A Message To The RTSP Community

We would like to reach out during this difficult and uncertain time to express our gratitude and appreciation for all of you. COVID-19 is affecting all of us on both a personal and professional level, and while we cannot be at the range together at this time, we know that the RTSP family remains strong. 

To all of our members, we are committed to ensuring your status at RTSP is not affected by the current state of events. All memberships will be paused as of March 21st and compensatory time will be added to your membership based on the duration of our closure. In addition, to show our appreciation for your unwavering support, we are adding another additional month to all of your annual memberships. For any new members looking to join online, your membership will not begin until the day we re-open and you too will receive an added month to your annual membership.

Though we have only been closed for a matter of days, we already miss the sights and sounds of RTSP; the smell of gunpowder from weeknight drills, the expression of joy on the face of a first time shooter, and the endless banter of members and friends who have been with us since we were a 4 man, 9 port operation, almost 10 years ago. 

These are the everyday details that make RTSP the home that it has become. So know this: our closure is only temporary, and when we return, the 2nd Amendment community will be stronger than ever. 

In the meantime, we encourage you to stay healthy and stay home when possible. Our doors are closed, but we are available via email or social media to answer any of your questions. We appreciate all of the messages of support that we have received, and we will continue to check-in with you all throughout this shut-down. 

Be well and see you soon.

Rick, Brad & Peter

I sure hope they don't consider this an opening.   2.5 hour wait for a member,  not acceptable.      how about a year at no cost when they really open.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:23 PM, Old_Hunter said:

Uh No...GFH has been posting up every day.

Been going to TTC almost three years. Really nice people, clean, well vented, and reasonable prices. Having to plan a bit more for a range trip in the short term, will hopefully keep them in the picture long term. 

• Like 2

On 7/4/2020 at 4:36 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

I belong to a private outdoor range in PA (it was the best, closest option to my residence), and a private indoor range in NJ - but I was also going to a commercial range in NJ (TTC in Flemington) primarily for a women's shooting group I belong to. 

Not only will I go to TTC once those chapter meetings resume in-person, but I intend to go to TTC on my own this summer at least a handful of times... even if it's inconvenient and even if I have to endure some wait times. Why?... Because our Governor is biased against these businesses (he's made that abundantly clear) and the easiest way we can fight back against his authoritarianism is to throw these ranges our business, and plenty of it! If not, as @SJG rightly pointed out upthread, these businesses will surely go under - giving our Governor and his minions exactly what they wanted! Can you imagine how difficult it will become to introduce new shooters to the sport if the # of ranges in this state shrinks considerably?  

So, you can certainly do as you wish, but I would urge you to consider making at least one visit to a NJ commercial range this month. It's bad enough this administration is overtly hostile to them...  they should at least be able to count on NJ's gun-owning community to support them and to keep these facilities open for new, incoming shooters. Just my opinion!

@Mrs. Peel you hit the nail on the head.  It's an absolute shame that shortsightedness and ignorance infect so many NJ gun owners. 

Scanning this thread I see an attempt by provocateurs to throw hand grenades to stir crap up.  Sometimes it makes me wonder what their agendas are and if they enjoy looking like schmucks suggesting radical actions that have dire consequences.  Like boycotting commercial ranges due to an enforced 25% capacity rule during weekend operational hours that already had wait times prior to the plandemic and not caring if they shut down forever.  The "ME" generation is rampant here with all of the complaining, and the majority of "Big Picture Thinkers" turn towards lurking instead of speaking out for fear of being "judged".

You wanna know why no other #2AHeavyLifters routinely post here.  This is why...

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'IF THE PAST FEW WEEKS HAS TAUGHT US ANYTHING Manshed IT'S THAT STUPIDITY SPREADS FASTER THAN ANY VIRUS EVER COULD'

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1