27 minutes ago, M4BGRINGO said:

Bobs Little Sport Shop is 6 miles from my house. I plan on going there soon to check it out.

I've been there shooting with my son when he attended Rowan.  It's a nice Mom & Pop shop with an indoor range.  In fact at just 6 miles, it might be the closest indoor range to you?

Have FUN Mike!

~R

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

@Mrs. Peel you hit the nail on the head.  It's an absolute shame that shortsightedness and ignorance infect so many NJ gun owners. 

Scanning this thread I see an attempt by provocateurs to throw hand grenades to stir crap up.  Sometimes it makes me wonder what their agendas are and if they enjoy looking like schmucks suggesting radical actions that have dire consequences.  Like boycotting commercial ranges due to an enforced 25% capacity rule during weekend operational hours that already had wait times prior to the plandemic and not caring if they shut down forever.  The "ME" generation is rampant here with all of the complaining, and the majority of "Big Picture Thinkers" turn towards lurking instead of speaking out for fear of being "judged".

You wanna know why no other #2AHeavyLifters routinely post here.  This is why...

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'IF THE PAST FEW WEEKS HAS TAUGHT US ANYTHING Manshed IT'S THAT STUPIDITY SPREADS FASTER THAN ANY VIRUS EVER COULD'

A harsh and unfair assessment of your fellow gun owners. I primarily go to ranges in PA, VA for a number of reasons, non of which are because I am a "complainer", a provocateur, or a "schmuck" as you put it.  The main reasons I prefer out of state ranges are the following:

1. Based on my personal experiences visiting different NJ ranges, I feel that many NJ ranges (owners) cater to LEO's and have little or no respect for people other than the "anointed". Owners/employees of the ranges that I go to are always cordial with me, and seem genuinely happy to see me. Again, this is my personal experience and may not reflect the experience of others here.

2. Ranges in NJ require upwards of 200 dollars and a class before one can exercise the right to draw from a holster. I need no instruction from NJ or it's instructors. What I learned carrying on the streets of PA, FL, VA, combined with my training is more than sufficient.    Ranges in PA, FL, VA etc, allow drawing from the holster without a mandatory overpriced class. Carry in VA for awhile, you will learn real quick!

3. Many ranges out of state allow me to use the range for more than the allotted hour without issue or complaint. 

Your comments here show disdain and contempt for your fellow gun owners who you feel are not doing the heavy lifting. You don't know every gun owner in this state and what actions they have taken to improve the 2A in this state. Everyone helps in their own way, and I don't presume to know the actions or inactions of other gun owners. Heavy lifting or not, we have less gun rights now than we did just a few years ago. No chance or hope of conceal carry/open carry in NJ, and no cases before the supreme court. There have been no gains in terms of 2A rights in this state, nada, zilch!  Mrs. Peel makes a valid point, but I argue whether supporting these NJ ranges, and  their sometimes (nebbish) owners, will somehow translate into a restoration of our rights. What we need is either massive civil disobedience, or a major shift in NJ government. Please stop with the belittling comments as they serve no useful purpose, let's try to uplift our fellow gun owners. 

• Agree 1
  • FacePalm 1

@marlintag - somehow (though I'm not sure how!), I may have accidentally "triggered" that online spat, and if so, I apologize. Keep in mind, I know that many people who work very hard in NJ's 2A orgs (@Smokin .50  being one of them) feel immense frustration about the profound apathy of NJ's gun owners. Very few volunteer on a regular basis... in fact, it's hard just to get gun owners to show up at special one-time events - like rallies or legislative hearings in Trenton. I think your comment just happened to strike that understandably raw nerve. I've met Smokin50 - and can tell you that he's very well-intentioned (and quite generous and jovial in person) and I do believe the comments may have come off looking harsher than he intended. Besides, frankly?... these days, I think COVID-19 has us all lashing out a bit more than usual! Too many restrictions, too much isolation (or not enough, lol), too much hardship... things are just not "normal" anymore! It's very disruptive. How 'bout you boys virtually shake hands... and move on? :)

On a happier note, I went to TTC today! FYI, I left a msg on Saturday, they called me yesterday and set an appt for today. Pretty darn efficient! Everyone was masked, there were some new plexiglass plates at key customer service areas, and on the range, every other lane was taped off. Other than that, it was "business as usual". It was great to be shooting. But, damn, it was also frustrating - no matter how I adjusted my mask, my glasses were fogging up constantly. I had to move the target to 5 yards (much closer than I normally like it), because I was literally shooting through a bad haze. But, I managed to stay on paper and even get a few bullseyes - I had a wonderful time!! Amazing how such a noisy sport can be sooooo relaxing! I floated back to my car in a positively Zen-like state. Life is good. Get to the range! :D

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

@marlintag - somehow (though I'm not sure how!), I may have accidentally "triggered" that online spat, and if so, I apologize. Keep in mind, I know that many people who work very hard in NJ's 2A orgs (@Smokin .50  being one of them) feel immense frustration about the profound apathy of NJ's gun owners. Very few volunteer on a regular basis... in fact, it's hard just to get gun owners to show up at special one-time events - like rallies or legislative hearings in Trenton. I think your comment just happened to strike that understandably raw nerve. I've met Smokin50 - and can tell you that he's very well-intentioned (and quite generous and jovial in person) and I do believe the comments may have come off looking harsher than he intended. Besides, frankly?... these days, I think COVID-19 has us all lashing out a bit more than usual! Too many restrictions, too much isolation (or not enough, lol), too much hardship... things are just not "normal" anymore! It's very disruptive. How 'bout you boys virtually shake hands... and move on? :)

On a happier note, I went to TTC today! FYI, I left a msg on Saturday, they called me yesterday and set an appt for today. Pretty darn efficient! Everyone was masked, there were some new plexiglass plates at key customer service areas, and on the range, every other lane was taped off. Other than that, it was "business as usual". It was great to be shooting. But, damn, it was also frustrating - no matter how I adjusted my mask, my glasses were fogging up constantly. I had to move the target to 5 yards (much closer than I normally like it), because I was literally shooting through a bad haze. But, I managed to stay on paper and even get a few bullseyes - I had a wonderful time!! Amazing how such a noisy sport can be sooooo relaxing! I floated back to my car in a positively Zen-like state. Life is good. Get to the range! :D

@Mrs. Peel Thanks for the kudos.  The apathy is rampant.  Frustration is just the beginning.  Having members here wish for ranges to close permanently and complaining about wait times with a 25% capacity limit & new procedures being forced upon them to stay open got to my last nerve.  My reaction wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at the responsible parties.  You're right (as usual) I am a nice guy.  Even nice guys have a limit, a measure if you will, beyond which both barrels will ignite.  I've reached it here.  The stupid hurts.

And now for the good news!

There's things going on (GREAT THINGS!) that the forum has no idea about and I don't have time (yet) to inform you all about.  Perhaps someone lurking has been on our Facebook page since the end of last week & can sound-off on the great news, lol?  If not, maybe I'll find the strength tomorrow??

Glad ya had a great time scratchin' that itch at TTC!  My friend Kim the RSO was back at it today too!

~R

I am definitely looking forward to getting back to my favorite indoor range, RTSP in Union, as soon as possible. I will certainly do anything I possibly can to help support our gun stores & ranges in this state, because I do not want to see anymore go out of business due to lack of potential new gun owners being brought into the stores & ranges by experienced shooters like myself. All gun owners in this state need to try to get the next generation of gun owners to start buying guns & going to the ranges to learn how to use them & also to get as politically active as possible, even if that means something as simple, but important as voting in every state wide race in NJ, most especially the upcoming presidential election, to make 100% certain that Donald Trump is elected for another 4 year term. I also voted for Hirsch Singh to be the Republican party nominee for the US Senate race, & get rid of the crook, cory booker!! Get a Republican elected to the Senate from NJ for the 1st time in about 40 or more years, & give President Trump a larger Republican majority in the Senate.   

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1