Cheflife15

Grain size and accuracy

Newb question here. 

How much do these go hand in hand at say 10 yards or so? I bought some 147 grain speerman, and some 150 grain synthetic federal ammo as I read they were good but after doing more googling it says 124 grain is the best for czsp01? Should i habe any problems at 7.5 to 10 yards? Im really just using this as range ammo to practice grouping shots and wotk on techinique as im a new shooter.

All my nines shoot 124 most accurately. Followed up by 115 and then 147. 

Unless your ammo or gun is fubar, accuracy at 7-10 yards should not be distinguishable. It’ll mostly be covered up by either you sucking or by bullet diameter. 

last time I bothered practicing that close, after the third shot or so it was time to pick a new spot on the target or just be happy with not missing the clover(ish) shaped hole.

What ammo you use will be a personal preference of recoil, accuracy and cost.

All guns are not the same,  all ammo is not the same, what is accurate in mine may not be accurate in yours.

Its conceivable and or actual that recoil can be heavier with a lighter bullet than heavier bullet. Yet many factors go into "recoil" weight of gun experience of shooter, high power factor ammo or minor power factor ammo.

Whichever ammo you choose, it should be the one you hit the target with the most and what you feel comfortable with.

just try different ammo manufacturers and different weights of bullets and you will find yer preference!

1 hour ago, Bagarocks said:

What ammo you use will be a personal preference of recoil, accuracy and cost.

All guns are not the same,  all ammo is not the same, what is accurate in mine may not be accurate in yours.

Its conceivable and or actual that recoil can be heavier with a lighter bullet than heavier bullet. Yet many factors go into "recoil" weight of gun experience of shooter, high power factor ammo or minor power factor ammo.

Whichever ammo you choose, it should be the one you hit the target with the most and what you feel comfortable with.

just try different ammo manufacturers and different weights of bullets and you will find yer preference!

Can do any damage with these correct? Just may not get the desired results ?

You won't damage the gun with any of these bullet weights. The point of impact will be slightly different and at short distances you will struggle to see the difference. The felt recoil is typically higher with lighter bullets but that also depends on the powder charge behind them. 9mm is often considered "snappy", more so with the lighter, higher velocity rounds.

Lighter bullets are cheaper due to less lead in them so its a case of you pays your money and take your choice. Try them out and see what you like. 147gn and higher pays dividends if you get to shoot suppressed as they are usually subsonic.