45Doll

May Gun Sales Up 80% Over May 2019

Yesterday Tanner's in PA posted on their Facebook page that the wait time to get into the store was over five hours. And there are no used gun posts because they really don't have any. And from now on they are operating on appointment only, and it's not because of the virus.

They are looking hard for used guns and will pay cash on the spot.

• Crazy 1

21 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Yesterday Tanner's in PA posted on their Facebook page that the wait time to get into the store was over five hours. And there are no used gun posts because they really don't have any. And from now on they are operating on appointment only, and it's not because of the virus.

I bet the inventory at the Juan, Jose & DeShawn Gunshop (you know, the one in the trunk of the '66 Impala) is pretty thin these days!

"Sorry, no more HighPoint 9's. All sold out! But I've got a nice Raven .25 only driven by a little old lady"

The most memorable comment in the Washington Post article the OP posted was "This is Helter Skelter".

This is based on the NCIS system, I wonder how many of these are like me I ordered in early April but the guns didn't ship till late May. Which is when my bg check got submitted.

1 hour ago, CF1782 said:

This is based on the NCIS system, I wonder how many of these are like me I ordered in early April but the guns didn't ship till late May. Which is when my bg check got submitted.

That's what I assumed. In which case it may have been more than six million sold, since one BGC can cover multiple firearms.

I was at one of my local LGS's and the place was very busy for a Friday afternoon. Lots of new shooters and guns and ammo--what they have--are flying off the shelves again. Like Coronavirus part deux (which will be a big dud of course).

I'd be fine if the PDs are greatly reduced, there are too many cops.  New Jersey is WAYYYY over copped, every little shitpoke town has to have their own cops.  And then the counties have some amount of cops, then the State police. Cut it all back to county and state level.

Remember when the Camden PD was reorganized and County-fied? Many fearmongers on here even, said there would be a bloodbath with home invasions in the tony suburbs. Didn't happen. Didn't help things in Camden of course, but that's beyond hope. Reducing the number of cops and laws (or de facto enforcement) won't cause the world to end.

On 6/2/2020 at 3:57 PM, 45Doll said:

If they are wiling do give a fair price and not pennies on the dollar I would think about selling some, three safes and still not enough room!

15 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Apparently they are also getting training. Will they vote pro 2a? Dunno 

I think it is going to be very interesting how people will sort themselves as new gun owners. A person could vote pro 2a on a local level thinking that their state is too restrictive but vote nationally differently. I could see people voting pro 2a but Trump being a step too far. Or going the "many" issues route voting against 2a down the line for other reasons. And some may be 2a converts and vote entirely based on the second amendment.I don't think we will be seeing some sort of monobloc of voters out of this lots of people bought lots of guns beyond that I dont know but I doubt it will be as black and white as pro 2a or not.

53 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Apparently they are also getting training. Will they vote pro 2a? Dunno 

Unfortunately i predict the average new gun owner is buying a pistol for the house and not interested in the restrictions they will put on rifles etc. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Cheflife15 said:

Unfortunately i predict the average new gun owner is buying a pistol for the house and not interested in the restrictions they will put on rifles etc. 

... and they are not necessarily "pro-2A" and subscribe to the standard liberal position of  "protection for me but not for thee".  They are still programmed to believe in "common sense" gun laws. :facepalm:

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, tomk62 said:

... and they are not necessarily "pro-2A" and subscribe to the standard liberal position of  "protection for me but not for thee".  They are still programmed to believe in "common sense" gun laws. :facepalm:

100% agreed 

5 minutes ago, tomk62 said:

That’s where all the gun laws have come from. Dems didn’t want blacks armed in 38

now they don’t want anyone but their security armed in 2020. $75k a a day for Minneapolis town council “ private security “ 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

now they don’t want anyone but their security armed in 2020. $75k a a day for Minneapolis town council “ private security “ 

They should drop that to $1,600 per person in one swoop. Buy each council member a Glock + a holster and 500 rounds of ammo + send them to a defensive pistol course. Now you're on your own. Done.

43 minutes ago, USMC1341 said:

They should drop that to $1,600 per person in one swoop. Buy each council member a Glock + a holster and 500 rounds of ammo + send them to a defensive pistol course. Now you're on your own. Done.

But but for me not thee

11 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

"The CEO of Vista Outdoor says millennials and women are leading the charge.

"Vista Outdoor added 8 million new people to its hunting and shooting categories in 2021 - most of which have been younger generations, as well as women and people of color".

Translation- BLM/Antifa, marxists and crazy white bitches are stocking up.

• Haha 1