JC_68Westy

Beretta 92X

I was at my local gun shop on Monday to check out the Sig P320 X5 Legion and a few other guns they have in stock. The guy behind the counter pointed out the Beretta 92X's that they just received.  They have all of the 92X models.  I have to say that I was really impressed with the 92X.  Everything about it is sleeker than the original 92 series.  I have two 92's and am seriously considering the 92X.  I am wondering if anyone on the forum owns one of these and if so, what do you think of it?

I get the the 92x performance model.. it really was a nice redesign.. 

I dont understand that 92x standard models... there are so many variations of the 92 im not sure what niche their trying to fill here.

An m9a3 is basically the same thing.. and you get tritium sights with it.

I did a side by side compare with an M9A3.  The 92X was definitely a bit more sleek. I did notice the difference in sights, but I really did not want the FDE color. The shop did not have the performance model in stock, they do look very nice. I am not sure why but I try to stay away from competition guns. The P320 X5 Legion was nice but I am not sure it is right for me.

I have a Langdon M9 and for a (basically) stock gun, it is smooth. The 92 design is pretty excellent.

That being said, I hate the slide mounted decocker (G model). I feel like it is just in the way and makes slide manipulation uncomfortable. That has me seriously considering a 92X Performance model. The frame mounted safety imho perfects the design.

6 minutes ago, Vicious said:

I have a Langdon M9 and for a (basically) stock gun, it is smooth. The 92 design is pretty excellent.

That being said, I hate the slide mounted decocker (G model). I feel like it is just in the way and makes slide manipulation uncomfortable. That has me seriously considering a 92X Performance model. The frame mounted safety imho perfects the design.

I actually really disliked the 92X Performance model.  The frame mounted safety really gets in the way of the slide release.  

34 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

I did a side by side compare with an M9A3.  The 92X was definitely a bit more sleek. I did notice the difference in sights, but I really did not want the FDE color. The shop did not have the performance model in stock, they do look very nice. I am not sure why but I try to stay away from competition guns. The P320 X5 Legion was nice but I am not sure it is right for me.

The M9A3 does come in Black and other colors too.

1 minute ago, Krdshrk said:

I actually really disliked the 92X Performance model.  The frame mounted safety really gets in the way of the slide release.  

The M9A3 does come in Black and other colors too.

The one at the shop was FDE, I think the 92X (G de-cocker) is the one I may end up buying.  My current 92s are an FS Inox and a 92D Centurian.  I shoot the double action model extremely well.  I guess this is because grew up on DA revolvers. I also have a CX-4 and about 35 magazines for the 92 series.  The fact that I have so many mags is making me lean toward the Beretta instead of the P320.

I'm a 92 fan boy, so gonna get nothing but good reviews from me on all their models.

They've just been mismatching slides and frames for a few years now coming up with new models, im trying to justify their existence in some cases. It's like they are taking old stock and making new guns from them... recycling m9a1 frames and tooling, etc.

I mean, all their guns are great. I would say just focus on something different than what you currently own, and pay attention to what small details these newer models offer. I get dizzy now trying to remeber what differentiates all the 92 models cause some are sooo minor, while others like the frames are drastically different.. and i hate rounded trigger gaurds!

I went to the gun store this afternoon intending to pick up the full sized 92X de-cocker model. The guy behind the counter told me it was sold in the morning. I ended up walking out the door with this:

Sig P320 X5 Legion

4BD20153-350C-4E6C-B553-52C9D63F04C7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 6/4/2020 at 7:42 PM, JC_68Westy said:

I went to the gun store this afternoon intending to pick up the full sized 92X de-cocker model. The guy behind the counter told me it was sold in the morning. I ended up walking out the door with this:

So you allowed yourself to buy a substandard firearm?  I would have ordered the 92X and waited. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Ray Ray said:

So you allowed yourself to buy a substandard firearm?  I would have ordered the 92X and waited. 

It was a moment of weakness.  I can say that the Sig shoots great.  I ordered a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro for it.  It will be my first handgun with an optic.  I didn't order a 92X de-cocker, the shop said more are coming in and will call me when they are in.

• Confused 1

On 6/6/2020 at 8:40 AM, JC_68Westy said:

It was a moment of weakness.  I can say that the Sig shoots great.  I ordered a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro for it.  It will be my first handgun with an optic.  I didn't order a 92X de-cocker, the shop said more are coming in and will call me when they are in.

Zero rds at 10yards

9 hours ago, Zeke said:

Zero rds at 10yards

Zeke, I was being sarcastic to Ray Ray.  The Sig iP320 X5 Legion s awesome, I put 150 rds through it this weekend in the backyard. It was very accurate. I am not getting another Beretta. My next one will probably be the P320 RXP X-Compact.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

Zeke, I was being sarcastic to Ray Ray.  The Sig iP320 X5 Legion s awesome, I put 150 rds through it this weekend in the backyard. It was very accurate. I am not getting another Beretta. My next one will probably be the P320 RXP X-Compact.

I’m in love 

• Disagree 1