SJG

How do I delete Media ? System Says Exhausted Limit

I am trying to post some picts in response to another members request who is interested in some free used furniture I have. The system is telling me that I have used up the amount of media I am entitled to post. How do I delete prior media to free up space to post some picts?

50 minutes ago, SJG said:

I am trying to post some picts in response to another members request who is interested in some free used furniture I have. The system is telling me that I have used up the amount of media I am entitled to post. How do I delete prior media to free up space to post some picts?

The only way I've been able to figure it out is to go to My attachements in your profile, go to the last page and delete them one by one on each thread.  One would think you could wholesale it from "My Attachments" but I can't seem to figure it out either.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Malsua said:

The only way I've been able to figure it out is to go to My attachements in your profile, go to the last page and delete them one by one on each thread.  One would think you could wholesale it from "My Attachments" but I can't seem to figure it out either.

This is the way.

Otherwise you can upload the images to an external image host and link them.

1 minute ago, Krdshrk said:

This is the way.

Otherwise you can upload the images to an external image host and link them.

One caveat I just noticed.  When I was clearing out those inherited guns, I posted a bunch of pics in the thread.  The thread is closed.  I cannot edit the pictures out of the thread.   You could delete the whole thread?  If not do the attachments get stuck in limbo?

22 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Hmm - you're a premier member so it's not really needed as you have no quota, but if you want the pics removed, let us know.

I'm an IT type.  I don't like messy files floating around. :)   I've since sold the guns, but it doesn't really matter.

I do have my own webserver but it's more of a pain to upload them there and link back than to just insert.  Shrug.

Thanks.

I went to the last page of my attachments and tried to delete stuff but there is no way to do that. Clicking on a image simply brings it up, which gives me the option to save it as a file on my computer. Clicking the x that appears in the right hand corner of a selected image simply closes the image. I am on a Mac.  Initially, I want to delete all video images I posted. For some reason, I cannot post any new images as the system is telling me i have reached my capacity when I tried to post some picts of free used furniture.

4 hours ago, SJG said:

I went to the last page of my attachments and tried to delete stuff but there is no way to do that. Clicking on a image simply brings it up, which gives me the option to save it as a file on my computer. Clicking the x that appears in the right hand corner of a selected image simply closes the image. I am on a Mac.  Initially, I want to delete all video images I posted. For some reason, I cannot post any new images as the system is telling me i have reached my capacity when I tried to post some picts of free used furniture.

You have to go to each thread you posted in and edit the post to remove the content.

Just now, SJG said:

Way too slow and cumbersome, there has to be a better way to accomplish this.

I agree.  There is no other way right now.  There's probably a module that could be installed to make it happen, but there currently is not.

@Krdshrk - I don't know how to help people with removing images. Could you send me instructions on that... or is that something only a person with admin privileges can do?

@SJG - you can either pony up a few bucks for premiere - OR - send a PM to Krdshrk and I, let us know which images you want removed. As noted above, I'm not sure I can even do it (there are different levels of system access), but it sounds like he knows how.

Edit: ummm, never mind... I just read upthread... there might not be a way even WE can do it in one fell swoop. I was just in my own attachments file, and could find an easy workaround.

Krdshrk is a tech guy - I just limp along as best I can.  :unsure: Either way, let's have him weigh in.

• Agree 1

This is why folks are "premiere".  

So you can post as many pics as you would like.  I have PM'd Maks about that and another topic and never heard back.  So, I'm done paying to post here.  

• Agree 1