Sign in to follow this  
Al1969

RANGES IN BERGEN COUNTY

http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/find ... p?State=NJ

The Bullet Hole in Belleville might be the closest.

Paterson Gunsmithing is listed but I'm not sure they are still open. The range I used in Paterson years back closed but this one might be a new one.

Paterson gunsmithing is open. There's an initiation fee and an hourly fee and you have to buy range ammo from him. :roll:

Tenafly Rifle and Pistol Club

http://www.trpclub.org/

Fairlawn Rifle and Pistol Club - must be a Fair Lawn resident

Waldwick Pistol and Rifle Club

http://www.wprc1960.com/

Riverdale Pistol

http://www.riverdalepistol.org/

you can search more here

http://www.anjrpc.org/MemberClubs/member_clubs.htm

I lived in Bergen County for years. There really is no gun range you can just go to and shoot in Bergen County without driving some distance. Tenafly, Waldwick , and Fair Lawn only let their own residents shoot at their ranges. I am actually interested in the Riverdale one. I checked out their website and it says only when they are holding orientation night is when they accept members but you have to check the calander every month. If orientation is not noted on the calander for that month then they are not accepting any members. So they pretty much are not accepting members. If anyone out there has some money to invest, invest in an indoor range in Bergen County. I would say right on Route 17 or Route 4. Pretty much in the center of it all and you will make a boatload of money. Now in NY there is a range called the Firing Line within minutes from the NY/NJ border up on 17 north but you legally can't transport handguns there so thats a no go for handguns.

i have the same question. all the clubs listed are private, resident only, police or do not allow large loads. help !

i tried to contact that one in riverdale, i left 3 phone messages and no retrun phone calls. i even went to the address rang the bell, knocked on the door....nobody home......you are right though if someone openned a nice range in bergen county near 4 and 17 it would be wildly successful. just saying.

Bayonne is in Hudson County. Probably about 40 min ride from most areas in Bergen County. Still to far for Bergen County residents. Route 4 or Route 17 would be ideal. Very expensive real estate in those areas but you would clean up.

Is Bayonne in Bergen County? The Bayonne pistol range is relatively cheap.

Guest megaman

I think Hackensack is ripe for a range and gun shop.

Bayonne is in Hudson County. Probably about 40 min ride from most areas in Bergen County. Still to far for Bergen County residents. Route 4 or Route 17 would be ideal. Very expensive real estate in those areas but you would clean up.

You could cut the cost on real estate if you opened up shop in a low key area.. The real issue is finding a town that will allow you to open up a range... My buddy owns a hobby shop and mahwah wouldn't let them move there business from Waldwick.

I would say look somewhere a little further south - say Somerset or Hunterdon counties. A range in Middlesex county (maybe around north/south brunswick) would be awesome too. There are plenty of warehouse facilities around that could probably be converted easily.

• Like 1

Having a "public" range in Bergen County would be nice. But I don't see it happening anytime soon. Real estate for the area cost a fortune regardless of how the market is right now. And I'm sure local governments will object to the idea of a public range in the area. There is Riverdale and Tenafly. Both private clubs, but open to new memberships all the time. However, at this time I believe there is a waiting list for Riverdale.

I lived in Bergen County for years. There really is no gun range you can just go to and shoot in Bergen County without driving some distance. Tenafly, Waldwick , and Fair Lawn only let their own residents shoot at their ranges. I am actually interested in the Riverdale one. I checked out their website and it says only when they are holding orientation night is when they accept members but you have to check the calander every month. If orientation is not noted on the calander for that month then they are not accepting any members. So they pretty much are not accepting members. If anyone out there has some money to invest, invest in an indoor range in Bergen County. I would say right on Route 17 or Route 4. Pretty much in the center of it all and you will make a boatload of money. Now in NY there is a range called the Firing Line within minutes from the NY/NJ border up on 17 north but you legally can't transport handguns there so thats a no go for handguns.

i have the same question. all the clubs listed are private, resident only, police or do not allow large loads. help !

I can assure you that Riverdale and Tenafly are not for residents only. Also they both allow "large" loads". But don't expect to shoot a 500s&w or a rifle indoors.

hello, i have tried numerous times to contact the riverdale range. they do not return calls or emails. too bad it looks like a nice area too. next to an open field. if you know how i can get a hold of someone there , please guide me . thanks

their website site says check the calendar for new member orientation only! they dont send out flyers, etc. its up to you to check it weekly.

Mahwah is such a pain in the a**. How about that Pilot gas station? The residents were so opposed to a gas station on the highway. Yes that's right folks, the F tards in Mahwah were opposed to a gas station on the highway. They were "concerned" about the safety of the children because the gas station would be to close to the school. There are a lot of low key areas in Bergen County I could even show you with buildings that would accommodate a beautiful shooting range. Its the opposition you have to fight and its not even worth it. If you cant get a hobby shop in an area forget about a shooting range.

You could cut the cost on real estate if you opened up shop in a low key area.. The real issue is finding a town that will allow you to open up a range... My buddy owns a hobby shop and mahwah wouldn't let them move there business from Waldwick.

Mahwah is such a pain in the a**. How about that Pilot gas station? The residents were so opposed to a gas station on the highway. Yes that's right folks, the F tards in Mahwah were opposed to a gas station on the highway. They were "concerned" about the safety of the children because the gas station would be to close to the school. There are a lot of low key areas in Bergen County I could even show you with buildings that would accommodate a beautiful shooting range. Its the opposition you have to fight and its not even worth it. If you cant get a hobby shop in an area forget about a shooting range.

That Pilot gas station is SWEET!!!

thought I'd give this thread a little bump! I'm wondering if any new ranges opened up in the area? I'm north Bergen and bullet hole is too small and crowded and shoreshot is a drive for me, hoping something new and closer opened up since this thread started...

thought I'd give this thread a little bump! I'm wondering if any new ranges opened up in the area? I'm north Bergen and bullet hole is too small and crowded and shoreshot is a drive for me, hoping something new and closer opened up since this thread started...

If any new ranges opened, I would be happy to know, but I believe we are SOL.