Underdog

AR or Pistol Caliber Carbine?

Obviously, it depends on what you already have, and of course your purposing... But at this time, which would you choose and why?

if I dont have an AR.. then an AR.. you can do more with it.. close and far.. 

if I already had AR a PCC is OK.. but since you can't have SBRs in NJ its kind of meh.. the real appeal for a PCC to me is running them really small like PDW size.. to get like a big handgun with a stock.. 

My bigger appeal to pistol caliber stuff (whether carbine or braced pistol) is magazine compatibility. When I built my AR pistol, I went 5.56mm since I was issued a .40 H&K P2000. Not a lot of guns take those magazines... other than P2000s and USP Compacts (I got 17 magazines for when my dad leaves NJ, since they are 12 rounders). A PMAG is just as useful.

I got our new Glock (19 Gen 5 MOS) two weeks ago. Sticking with the 5.56mm for the near future, just until we find out more info on what magazines are good for duty use... but I’ll probably toss in a 9mm AR pistol that uses Glock magazine to the rotation. The pistol aspect allows me to leave it loaded in my truck (F&G law for long guns). I’m sort of tossed between the CMMG Banshee and Angstadt Arms UDP-9.

Don’t think I have another 5.56mm AR up here yet... well, at least full firearm (have a stocked Echo lower, and a stripped Anderson). My .45 D/I AR is up here... going to be applying for a stamp to SBR it (down to 11”, but mainly to have a SBR lower in my safe). AOWing my TAC-14 will also be happening in the same E-File.

I do have my .40 KelTec SUB-2000 (M&P magazines), which I’ll probably use up some of the extra duty/training ammo I got from the switch (200 rounds of Federal HP, and about 250 of that purple Winchester FMJ). Other than the M1 Carbine, I don’t think I got anything else in the PCC realm up here.

Still in NJ... think my CX4 rounds out the list. I do have two other ARs, as well. But only one needs to be revamped for ME (fixed stock carbine will get a MFT Minimalist, to follow that soon to be SBR).