M4BGRINGO

South Jersey Ranges

Moved to SJ right before the lockdown, want to join a local range. Anyone here a member of South Jersey Shooting Club (they are the closest to me), Cumberland Riflemen, Hutton Hill Rifle and Revolver, or Square Circle Shooting Club? I need a range that will allow me to bring guests, this is the best way to introduce people to our hobby. I looked at Teclo but they have a strict no-guest policy. Many of these clubs need to work on their websites, very little information on what they do. I belonged to OBRPC for years, they publicize every event they have there, so does Jackson.

I am a member of both SJSC and Cumberland Riflemen. SJSC has the easiest enrollment process. Orientations are the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month, now by appointment since social distancing rules are in place. Call Carmen at 609-704-9500 to reserve your spot at the next one. Requirements are: Do the orientation, be an NRA member (if you are not already, you can join at the orientation) and have a Firearms ID Card. And of course pay your 1st year's membership ($250 single, $350 family at the same address). If family, all family members listed must do the orientation for range safety purposes.

Cumberland only does one new member intake per year (in the fall) and there is a waiting list. See the site at CumberlandRiflemen.com for details. Same membership requirements as at SJSC but you must go through an interview to weed out the 'crazies' and have a sponsor who is already a member. There is a first year capital fee, and yearly is $125

Quinton Sportsmen’s Club, Mullica Hill Rifle & Pistol Club are two more to look at.

They both allow guest and memberships at reasonable rates. 
‘Quinton has a lot of programs....IDPA, USPSA, 3-Gun, Steel Challenge, Sporting Clays, Trap, 5-Stand....

MHRPC is a bare necessity club (and sometimes that’s all you need. 
Both clubs have websites with membership details.

Thanks! Quinton looks like what I want, and offer almost all the same programs as OBRPC. I am also thinking of joining Hutton Hill, it's closer and far less money, just a good basic place to take new shooters to if we don't want to drive down to Quinton. For $45 a year and not get in trouble with the local LEO for shooting on my own property it's a win! I'll also join Quinton for all the other events they do which I am interested in. Certainly a lot of clubs within a 30 mile radius of my new location!