M4BGRINGO

South Jersey Ranges

Moved to SJ right before the lockdown, want to join a local range. Anyone here a member of South Jersey Shooting Club (they are the closest to me), Cumberland Riflemen, Hutton Hill Rifle and Revolver, or Square Circle Shooting Club? I need a range that will allow me to bring guests, this is the best way to introduce people to our hobby. I looked at Teclo but they have a strict no-guest policy. Many of these clubs need to work on their websites, very little information on what they do. I belonged to OBRPC for years, they publicize every event they have there, so does Jackson.

I am a member of both SJSC and Cumberland Riflemen. SJSC has the easiest enrollment process. Orientations are the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month, now by appointment since social distancing rules are in place. Call Carmen at 609-704-9500 to reserve your spot at the next one. Requirements are: Do the orientation, be an NRA member (if you are not already, you can join at the orientation) and have a Firearms ID Card. And of course pay your 1st year's membership ($250 single, $350 family at the same address). If family, all family members listed must do the orientation for range safety purposes.

Cumberland only does one new member intake per year (in the fall) and there is a waiting list. See the site at CumberlandRiflemen.com for details. Same membership requirements as at SJSC but you must go through an interview to weed out the 'crazies' and have a sponsor who is already a member. There is a first year capital fee, and yearly is $125

Quinton Sportsmen’s Club, Mullica Hill Rifle & Pistol Club are two more to look at.

They both allow guest and memberships at reasonable rates. 
‘Quinton has a lot of programs....IDPA, USPSA, 3-Gun, Steel Challenge, Sporting Clays, Trap, 5-Stand....

MHRPC is a bare necessity club (and sometimes that’s all you need. 
Both clubs have websites with membership details.

Thanks! Quinton looks like what I want, and offer almost all the same programs as OBRPC. I am also thinking of joining Hutton Hill, it's closer and far less money, just a good basic place to take new shooters to if we don't want to drive down to Quinton. For $45 a year and not get in trouble with the local LEO for shooting on my own property it's a win! I'll also join Quinton for all the other events they do which I am interested in. Certainly a lot of clubs within a 30 mile radius of my new location!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Thanks. Refresher: Requiring Firearm Safety Training: S-2169/A-5030 (Weinberg/Reynolds-Jackson) would modernize firearm ID cards, as well as require completion of a firearm safety course in order to receive a permit to purchase a gun or receive a firearm ID card. Connecticut, California, Hawaii, Illinois, Rhode Island, Maryland and the District of Columbia all have laws requiring individuals to undergo safety training prior to being able to purchase. [How would this apply to existing FID holders? Definition of acceptable training? Conspicuously absent. Potential impacts on passing on firearms to your heirs.] Mandating Safe Storage of Firearms: Owning a firearm for protection in the home can present a substantial obstacle to safe firearm storage, with individuals often opting to keep weapons loaded and easily accessible. Last legislative session, the Assembly passed A-3696/S-2240 (Downey/Gopal) requiring firearm owners to store the firearm in a securely locked box or container; in a location where a reasonable person would believe to be secure; or to secure the firearm with a trigger lock.  Raising Minimum Age to Purchase Long Guns to 21: Under current law, a person 18 years of age and older may obtain a firearms purchaser identification card and a handgun purchaser is required to be at least 21 years old. The bill (A-1141/S-3605, Freiman/Cryan) increases from 18 to 21 the age at which a person is eligible to receive a firearms purchaser identification card used to purchase shotguns and rifles but would still allow for those at least 18 to possess a long gun for purposes of hunting; military drills; competition; target practice; training; or under the supervision of a parent or guardian.   Promoting Microstamping Technology: Microstamping technology provides law enforcement with the tools to quickly link firearm cartridge casings found at the scene of a crime to a specific firearm, without having to recover the firearm itself.  The technology essentially creates a “license plate” on cartridge casings to identify the gun that was used to shoot the ammunition.  Last legislative session, S-112/A-1098 (Weinberg/Downey) would require within a year that firearm manufacturers incorporate this technology into new handguns sold in New Jersey. [This worked so well in CA... IOW, no more new pistols for sale.] Establishing Electronic Ammunition Sales Recordkeeping: The State Commission of Investigation (SCI) issued a report in 2016 finding that straw purchases of ammunition were unchecked because firearm IDs lacked photo identification.  The SCI also found that sales records were often hand-written into log books — a problem for law enforcement, which should be able to consult an electronic database when it investigates questionable ammunition purchases.  A-1292/S-1481 (Greenwald/Weinberg) would require manufacturers or dealers of handgun ammunition to keep a detailed electronic record of ammunition sales, and report ammunition sales to the State Police. [Any talk of banning internet sales?] Banning .50 Caliber Firearms: Military-style .50 caliber rifles are banned or restricted in several other states. California has a complete ban on .50-caliber rifles, Connecticut bans specific models and Maryland has some restrictions.  S-103/A-1280 (Gill/Greenwald) would revise the definition of "destructive device" under New Jersey law so that it includes weapons of .50 caliber or greater. [It's about time. These things are used in what... zero crimes in this state annually?] I wouldn't be surprised if remaining evil features, others, and internet sales, among other things, get added to the list.
    • I dropped my Trenton Times subscription after the January 7th headline. Bought a paper last week on Thanksgiving for my wife... $8 and completely useless! Won't be doing that again.
    • The Gov referenced these initiatives back in April:  https://nj.gov/governor/news/news/562021/20210415b.shtml        
    • Holy crap! $60??!!!!!!!  I didn’t know they were that expensive.    I have an extended A2 type comp (not EGW) in my parts box, makes a 14.5” carbine 16.25”.  If you need it, it’s yours for the cost of postage. It looks like the one on the left in this pic.