I keep an sog in my truck now. I've started to become not too happy with it, as it seems more geared towards travel, with not too many individual compartments allowing me to separate things. 

so…...it lives in my truck. I keep extra pants, socks, and shirts. I add cold weather gear for winter. my sub2k and a kbar live in that bag. I keep basic medical....very basic.....fire-starting, etc. 

so..what's a decent bag? what do some of you guys use? preferably made in usa, but it's not a deal killer if not. 

Get a military aviators kit bag. If your keeping it in your  vehicle size doesnt matter that much.Keep it 4 season.  You don't want to keep switching stuff out.

You know this from CAP.  Survival vest stuff may vary by region.  

If you have a problem acquiring an Avaiators Kit Bag PM me.

I get food, water, shelter, armament all in a large Alice pack.

Check out Tactical Tailor and see if they have anything.. they are not cheap.. but the quality is there.. and they stand by things in an indescribable way.. I had my pack for YEARS.. I use it every day.. had an issue with the zipper.. they told me to send it in.. and they repaired it.. no questions asked.. they didn't care how long I had it.. they didn't care if I was the 1st or 100th owner.. didn't ask for a receipt.. they just made it right.. 

• Agree 1

On 7/20/2020 at 10:13 PM, JC_68Westy said:

I agree with Tactical Tailor. You get what you pay for. Every Tactical Tailor item I have purchased is very high quality. I am thinking about sending two ALICE packs (med and large) for mods to them.

I have been dealing with the mod shop for my repair.. and I am blown away..

since my initial post I got my pack back.. and there was an aspect of the repair that I was not satisfied with.. they made an error.. they are human beings it is what it is.. but I was pretty annoyed.. they are quality.. but they are NOT fast.. which means I waited a while to get back something that didn't meet the standard I expected.. keep in mind.. they are doing all this stuff in house in the US.. anyway.. I called them pretty worked up.. the end result.. they are giving me a brand new pack.. the crazy part.. they didn't have it in stock.. they are literally making it for me as I type this.. that is INSANE service.. by the end of the call I actually felt bad for being so short with them.. I am fully convinced they will go to ANY level to make sure you are completely satisfied with the work they do.. my experience has been that they will NOT leave a customer in a dissatisfied state.. 

I was looking at some other manufacturers for a plate carrier.. but now I am taking a second look at TT.. its really really really hard to shop elsewhere given the level of support and service they have provided me.. I am a believer.. 

25 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

They are located just outside of Ft Lewis and have a very loyal following with the troops there, both regular Army infantry and 1st SFG. It is a very busy shop.

I believe it.. I have rarely encountered a shop that stands up to make things right like TT..